2,845 results
All reviews liver building the club lounge albert dock leisure facilities city centre sauna and steam room river view car park isle of man lovely hotel two double beds pier head breakfast was excellent reception staff family room executive room within easy walking distance
Reviewed June 27, 2016 via mobile

We stayed one night and it was good. We had river view which was nice. AC worked well. Plenty of outlets all around room. Full size blow dryer in room, water kettle, no fridge but didn't need one. Bed comfortable. I ordered a sandwich ham and cheese and soup room service which was average. I wouldn't recommend. The soup tasted like it came from a packet instant potato and leak. Was very salty. Might be better in downstairs restaurant don't know. There is no breakfast on room service menu.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed June 26, 2016 via mobile

Myself and my husband visited Liverpool to celebrate our first wedding anniversary and chose the Crowne plaza due to its location to the restaurant we wanted to visit.
The plaza is modern and comfortable and takes into account little things like full length mirrors, USB charger sockets and a desk with a mirror for doing makeup and getting ready. The beds are big and super comfy and they even give you a complimentary sleep enhancer set with sprays and infusions to help you get a better nights sleep.
The hotel is very clean and in a good location, per most hotels the drunks prices are extortionate but I've never stayed in a hotel that doesn't take advantage of it.
Staff are friendly and rooms cleaned every day.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Falkross
Reviewed June 24, 2016 via mobile

This event at the venue gets better every year. The staff who looked after us couldn't be more helpful and friendly. The food served was first class considering the numbers involved. Hope the organisers book this venue for next years event.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed June 22, 2016 via mobile

I ventured here sans kiddos with Mrs Wakey for a night away. What with this hotel and the excellent Bacaro restaurant I was certainly in Mrs Wakey's good books.
Parked at my office near the hotel which saved me the extortionate £20 per 24 hour parking charges. That is the only really bad thing I have to say.
Staff at check in and breakfast were excellent. If you are not on a breakfast inclusive package you can pay £11 up front (£15 on day) for some excellent buffet breakfast which includes some of the tastiest pork sausage amongst the hotels of the UK.
The hotel is right next to the Mersey. If you are lucky there may be a gigantic cruise ship in at the cruise dock adjacent. A Royal Princess 3500 passenger was in when we were there and we watched it depart. Disney cruise ship was there earlier in the week and I have seen the Queen Mary 2 before here.
We had a good room at the back, overlooking the Mersey.
5 mins walk to museum of Liverpool, 10 mins to town centre/ Albert Dock.
Rooms very nice, looked to be recently refurbished but maybe just very well kept.
Air con in room quite good. Much better than nearby Radisson where I have often been way too hot on a night, but would have preferred to be able to lower temp below 19 degrees- particularly with thick quilt supplied.
We had family room with 2 double beds. Mrs Wakey and I have super king at home and there's no way we could both sleep in standard double. Not sure what size they have in a normal room but reception indicated it was only exec rooms that had king-size (not superking) beds. Wouldn't be happy if we'd only had a standard double beds but with 2 we were fine. Standard sized beds in a modern hotel is a bit 1970s people!
Gym and pool pretty good. Pool is 18 metres so you can have a good swim. Good steam room. Were a couple of offensive lads (locals it seemed) in the changing rooms and pool, with every other word a loud 4 letters including slang for female anatomy, but I suppose Crown Plaza cannot scan for brains the size of walnuts at the door. Luckily no children around at that point. Changing rooms and doors in this area could do with a bit of a refurb as noticeably lower quality than rest of hotel.
Even the free version of the WiFi was OK.
Overall a lovely hotel and very well run. I prefer to the nearby Radisson and will stay here if I am on business also in Liverpool from now on.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Wakeywarrior
Reviewed June 21, 2016

Business takes me to Liverpool from time to time as it does many other towns across the UK, I have given up on looking for an alternative to the Crowne Plaza as i doubt i will find a hotel that is better suited to my needs. After only two previous visits i was remembered when i visited for the third time in May and treated as a favoured customer. I had an issue with some noise coming from the adjoining dock which interrupted my concentration whilst trying to do some work and the hotel staff did their best to deal with it. They also waived the cost of the parking by way of compensation. If I have one complaint, it is about the parking spaces which are too narrow for a large saloon or SUV.

Date of stay: May 2016