2,429 results
All reviews vernon street city centre ncp car park meal deal all you can eat minute walk cavern club albert dock cavern quarter family room short break night's sleep good nights sleep lime street stayed for nights excellent stay excellent location
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The location of this hotel is brilliant, within easy walking distance of museums, galleries, and Albert Dock, and it’s convenient for Lime Street Station. The general area is still very run-down, and the Inn itself is obviously not new, but that’s not the reason for my poor star rating. It was the restaurant at fault, with notices telling us that they were changing their suppliers, so a lot of items on the menu would not be available. How can a hospitality company allow itself to run out of food? Shades of KFC running out of chicken?
Breakfast next morning seemed to be a disaster, with empty spaces on the hot buffet counter—which meant we could choose from a very limited selection. We were eventually asked if we had everything we wanted, to be told that it would take 20 minutes before tomatoes would be available. Ten minutes later, some were brought to the table, with the comment “I made these myself.” Was this the duty manager, struggling to deal with the problems of having insufficient staff in the kitchen? Certainly the staff team in the area seemed to be a bit stressed, so it makes a customer wonder what’s going on. For us as holiday-makers, delays at breakfast aren’t too troubling, but we compared notes with one frustrated and time-pressured resident (who was probably unable to choose his time and place for dining and breakfasting) who had asked his employer to move him to a different hotel.
Thar evening we chose to have our evening meal in the restaurant. Bad decision. The quality of the gluten-free option for one of our meals was poor, and it confirmed our general impression that Thyme standards are in constant decline, to the extent that we only dine in a Thyme if there is absolutely no other option. Breakfast, though, despite this particular experience, is usually much more acceptable. But to cap the dining experience nicely at this Premier Inn, each of three white wines on their list was unavailable. Come on, Whitbread, didn’t you used to know something about providing drinks?

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Another great stay at Premier Inn Moorfields. Great hotel in a central location, hotel clean in all areas both rooms and public areas, bar and restaurant. Fabulous food both breakfast and dinner and again definitely recommend the meal deal such great value for money. This hotel is central, everywhere shopping tourist attractions within a shot walk from the hotel. Have already booked my next stay. All staff friendly and attentive, special mention has to go to Peter, a credit to Premier Inn. Unable to rate serve, room, location on this site but I give 5*

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The hotel has the typical premier inn room, so you know what to expect. The air conditioning was noisy so that was turned off straight away, but it wasn’t needed anyway. There was some noise outside the hotel at night but not too bad. The restaurant was small, friendly and the food was good. The staff as in all premier inns were helpful, polite and friendly. The hotel is in a great place to get to all the attractions easily. I would recommend a stay at this hotel but take your own toilet roll, theirs is like sandpaper!

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Great night away in Liverpool - hotel in walking distance to key attractions, shopping etc.. parking at an extra cost directly opposite but was very convenient. We would definately recommend this hotel to use as your base.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with premierinn.com
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I stayed at Premier Inn Moorfields for just one night at the beginning of October. Nothing to complain about with my room. Everything was perfectly clean, and worked fine. I wanted to say two things about this particular hotel. First is location - I wasn't sure about this, but it is excellent. Liverpool city centre is relatively small, so the hotel is close enough to shopping, nightlife, attractions and transport. For those interested, Dale St has a number of rather good pubs! Second, and the main reason for this review is that I was really impressed by the friendliness and service of all the staff I met there. I left my bag there one day, they booked me a taxi, etc. These are normal things but all done with a cheerfulness that made my stay so much better. Well done.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled solo