2,674 results
All reviews junior suite fresh milk huge tv lovely hotel afternoon tea bottle of prosecco mini fridge city centre lovely bathroom q park booked this hotel reception staff car park one night stay birthday treat staff were lovely comfy bed
Reviewed February 18, 2017

The hotel is certainly an attractive listed building and our room was spacious, well appointed with a lovely comfortable bed and beautiful bathroom.
However, the only request I made was for a quiet room ( and receptionist Kirsty emailed back to say that would be fine and she had noted it in the booking) and we were put in the ground floor at the front. I assumed it would be okay but probably should have checked that it was a quiet room. We had the noisiest night in a hotel I can remember! There were late night revellers talking and singing in the street, cars constantly driving past, a row in reception that woke us, the bin lorry and the catering clattering about before breakfast. I told the receptionists who were both apologetic and said that they would have changed our room if we had said- difficult in the middle of the night. They said Kirsty had left and they did not know about our request.
I never post bad hotel reviews and really want hotel staff and potential customers to know that if they want a quiet room to secure a decent night's sleep, they need to avoid sleeping at the front of the Richmond. That is why I have given it 3 stars as although the room was beautifully decorated, a good night's sleep is pretty essential in any hotel wish list!

Room tip: Avoid sleeping at the front unles you sleep through any noise!
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Froggetts
RichmondLiverpool, General Manager at The Richmond, BW Premier Collection, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2017

Thank you for your review.

I am pleased to read your comments about how beautiful our rooms are however, I am disappointed to learn that you did not have a good sleep. It is extremely important to us that our guests feel refreshed after a wonderful sleep so please accept my sincere apologies for this.

Should you choose to return I would personally ensure that you were in a quiet room of the hotel.

Reviewed February 18, 2017

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB
RichmondLiverpool, General Manager at The Richmond, BW Premier Collection, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2017

Reviewed February 17, 2017

These apartments are perfectly situated for touring the city highlights . They are well equipped , warm , and spotlessly clean.
Special thanks to Jen on the reception desk who was so friendly and helpful. She was genuinely interested in making our stay as enjoyable as possible.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank aprilbob
RichmondLiverpool, General Manager at The Richmond, BW Premier Collection, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2017

I am so pleased to hear that the Richmond proved to be the perfect hotel for your trip to this lovely city. Many thanks for your kind words and I will be sure to pass on your compliments to Jen who is a credit to the hotel.

We hope to be able to welcome you back to the Richmond in the not so distant future.

Reviewed February 16, 2017 via mobile

Quick overnight business stay.
I did not use the valet parking but used an NCP which was less than 5 minute walk away and there are others in the area.
The first impressions were very good with friendly staff.
The room rate was very good for the city centre .
The room was on the second floor and a really good size and nicely decorated ,large screen tv and free internet with a decent speed .
The food was really nice (I did not have breakfast) and reasonable .
The room now thing I would say is that I had a room which was at the back of the hotel and there was a bit of noise from people out for the night,this cannot be blamed on the hotel.
A really good find and very close to the Cavern club.

Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank 186459And123

Thank you for taking the time to write this review

It is lovely to hear that you enjoyed your overnight stay for business. Many thanks for your comments about the room and food. I will be sure to pass on your kind words to the whole team.

I must tell you that we have a discount with the Q car park which is near the NCP. With a discount ticket from us it reduces the cost of parking to £8 for 24 hours. I apologise if this was not conveyed to you. Should you stay gain for business, please request one of our rooms in a quieter location. Every guest has different needs and our reception team will always assign rooms which best suit each individual guest. Thank you again for your review and I hope you will consider staying with us again for business or pleasure.

Reviewed February 14, 2017 via mobile

Stayed with my partner over New Year! After such excellent stay back in July we decided to stay for NY ... and I have to admit still the same great reception and bar and service from staff! Amazing hotel for couples ... the bedrooms have been refurbished since the last time we stayed. Lovely! Will continue to return again and again!

Date of stay: December 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank MissLiverpool1988

I am delighted to read your excellent feedback. We really appreciate your loyalty to the Richmond and it is great to hear that you will be back once again!!

Delivering excellent service is extremely important to us so thank you for your comments on this. The quality of our guests stay is so important and the fact that you are able to review us 5 stars means a great deal.

We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.