Open today: 10:00 a.m. - 11:00 p.m.
Review Highlights
Good pub

I went here for a meeting which was held in a large, upstairs 'cocktail bar'. This is a lively... read more

Reviewed 2 days ago
Malpoet
West Kirby, United Kingdom
Brilliant But Brilliant

My 1st impression was of a GENUINELY welcoming warm utterly convivial place.My 2nd 3rd @ 4th... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago

from US$25.60
from US$21.10
from US$21.72
More Info
All reviews real ale great pub dale street higher room continental beers great range of beers island style friendly clientele till midnight mushy peas cask ales moorfields train station favourite pub opening hours are in tip top condition friendly bar staff great decor
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I were recommended this pub when we visited Liverpool for the Easter weekend. Great local traditional pub. Friendly efficient staff. Good choice of ales and gin. Will definitely be back next time we are in Liverpool

Date of experience: April 2018
Reviewed April 3, 2018

A 'flying' pint with a few friends before dinner. The front, which a friend informed me was designed to look like the inside of a ship, was rather busy. We ordered our drinks and snacks, then retired to the rear part of the pub. Much more atmospheric, and quiet enough to have a conversation.

Fairly priced, very cosy, and I saw many beers and ales which were new to me. Very good pub. Busy, though it can't be faulted due to the city centre location (no less on the weekend.)

Date of experience: March 2018
Reviewed March 20, 2018

The Ship & Mitre is an old fashioned pub, in the centre of Liverpool. When you enter, there is a good atmosphere as well as an amazing choice of beer and cider. The furnishings are original and basic, the original gas lamps still hang where they were put, though are sadly no longer able to be used for lighting. I used to be a regular here at the Thursday Quiz, which is very popular, but the pub is worth a visit for a beer, a basic snack at lunchtime and a chat with the locals. If you are visiting the city, pop in to have a pint.

Date of experience: June 2017
Reviewed March 15, 2018

This is a lovely, friendly pub with a fantastic choice of bottled and draft German beers.
The pub seemed to be busy at all times during the day, but not overcrowded. We went at 1pm and returned at 5pm.
There were 3 different choices of draft Weissbier along with other draft beers.
Staff were efficient and friendly, prices were good. Atmosphere was welcoming.

Date of experience: March 2018
1  Thank 1StevieLew
Reviewed March 14, 2018 via mobile

What a brilliant pub and interesting look on the outside. And absolutely stunning range of beers. Knowledgeable bar staff for if you are a bit unsure what beer to have. Will be back next time in Liverpool.

Date of experience: February 2018