“Sunday Roast Dinner”

Temptations Cafe Bar
Ranked #214 of 1,980 Restaurants in Liverpool
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: We are a family run business providing freshly cooked produce to the local community for over 20 years. We are now fully licensed and open late Friday and Saturday evenings.
Reviewed March 5, 2018

It was my 65th birthday and I was a bit fragile after the night before with my family. My wife rang and reserved a table for 13:00 on the Sun morning. We have ate at Temptations numerous times before and have had the Christmas dinner at home ( which was outstanding). The food was absolutely spot on and the portions were generous, The lady serving asked us if we wanted the food we coudn't finish boxed up to take away which we did. Lovely Sunday Lunch.

Reviewed December 11, 2017

This place is a hidden gen, it is not gourmet or fancy but the food is spot on and you feel it has been cooked just for you (which of course it has). My husband usually has a breakfast, yesterday I had a hot baguette, received 2 and could only manage 1. The staff are friendly and there is a nice feel about the place.

Reviewed December 1, 2017 via mobile

Great service, great food, recommend chicken newyorker, zinger wraps and sunday roasts, best cafe around

Reviewed October 9, 2017 via mobile

I had been before for a breakfast and it was ok so took my friend on Thursday for her lunch.
First table was wobbly so we chose another .
We had cheese burger n’ chips
Everything seemed alright till about 4pm I switch retail park we all had sudden pains and basically Severe trots followed!
we will not be going again and now I've looked into it I see Sefton only gave them a 2 star hygiene rating.
That appears kind to say the least given our experience.
I guess try at your own risk but I would say ‘avoid’!

5  Thank yammer901
David H, Owner at Temptations Cafe Bar, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2017

Firstly i think the public should know that this review was fabricated by the TripAdvisor team themselves. the Review itself is very similar to a slanderous review i received a couple of months ago that i did respond to but was then taken down by the TripAdvisor team.Lets start with the header"i can see what the other reviews meant now" what does this mean? all my other reviews are very good, as any one can see. The first review then went on to state the there was a child involved who fell of a wobbly chair, where did the wobbly table come from TA Team. I feel i must inform people that TA is a corrupt organisation that doesn't give a dam about the smaller people they represent. I truly wish TA would remove my cafe from this farcical web site

Reviewed October 2, 2017 via mobile

Went with friends couple months ago for Sunday Lunch Wow the food was fabulous with plenty on offer Went back few more times and now We order our Sunday Roast and pick them up to eat at home Order 2 but there is that much we get Sunday and Monday out of them And unlike most places it real meat not the plastic stuff and plenty of it. Staff are really friendly and very attentive and although I've never met the chef he is my new best friend for taking the stress out if Sunday cooking
CANNOT RECOMMEND ENOUGH