6 people are viewing this hotel
Hotels.comUS$122
eDreamsUS$122
travelup.comUS$139
1,470 results
All reviews double tree library bar warm cookie on arrival spa facilities afternoon tea lovely hotel steam room q park beautiful room original features city centre my mum fantastic stay reception staff car park one night stay cavern club
Selected filters
Reviewed July 18, 2021 via mobile

From the message on the day we were arriving that the Spa was going to cost us £25 per person per HOUR having previously been included in the room rate for residents we had a terrible stay. There was makeup on the pillow on my bed - so much for deep cleaning & no bin in the bedroom. The residents on our floor had all resorted to putting their rubbish out in their own carrier bags too. Breakfast was terrible both days - powdered eggs on day 2 which they tried to pass as fresh - sent back by other tables too. Bar staff clueless about what spirits they had & generally very sloppy service all round. The saving grace was the lovely Colin on reception. What has really angered me the most is the attitude of the people who have answered my complaints - a barrage of excuses & defence of hotel policies - non admission that there is actually a problem with the hotel & just a willingness to throw a bit of compensation at you. Such a shame as I really enjoyed my stay here pre-lockdown & wanted my friend to have a similar experience. We didn’t & I certainly will NEVER return. It was DREADFUL

Room tip: Avoid the hotel - not Covid secure (makeup on beds), & generally awful service
Date of stay: June 2021
Trip type: Travelled with friends
5  Thank K4395VBcatherinel
Reviewed July 14, 2021 via mobile

I booked the Spa for me and my partner as a special treat. It was over my budget, but well worth the money, as we had access to the pool, jacuzzi, sauna and steam room for an hour. We went in the morning and had the pool largely to ourselves. It was clean and well kept, we were provided with pool slippers, towel and pool gown. Water was available to drink for free and it was wonderful. We felt like we had gone on holiday for the morning. Very much enjoyed and nice and quiet too. The staff were friendly and helpful.

1  Thank 695mazv
Reviewed July 11, 2021 via mobile

Once we found the place, we’d trailed all across Liverpool to the other Hilton, it was a great hotel. We were in a superior room which helped, the bed was enormous and comfy too, the bathroom was again enormous and had all the amenities you ended.
Breakfast in the restaurant was super, with serve yourself for cereals,toast and tea and coffee then table service for the rest. Everything you wanted was available very good breakfast.
All the staff were nice, polite and helpful, overall a very nice visit.

Date of stay: June 2021
1  Thank g1960c
Reviewed July 9, 2021

I stayed here with my husband for my birthday. For £160 for a Thursday night in a standard room, the room was poor and the staff customer service was just as poor.
The room was absolutely boiling!!! The air con on full blast was barely coming out the fan at all, the fan in the bathroom didn’t work at all and the window didn’t open so no ventilation whatsoever. Very poor from such a big company and for such an expensive room. The guy on reception when we checked out didn’t even ask ‘how was your room, how was your stay’ all he said was the £50 will be back on your card within a few days and I then mentioned about the fan and air con, his reply was ‘I’ll let maintenance know’ very very disappointed with this hotel. Do not stay here unless you want to BOIL in your room.

8  Thank Lois C
Reviewed July 5, 2021

My stay at the Hilton felt more like a stay in pontins with a Hilton price tag. The rooms where visually dirty and stained , very run down. I had paid extra for a birthday package and was given £2’s worth of pound shop decor it was embarrising. They put hold on my room fee twice causing me great distress and confusion.We visited the spa which was very loud and overbooked more like a public swimming baths than a relaxing spa. The man I spoken to was very unapologetic and made no effort to make things right.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton