“DISGUSTING!”

L3 Living at the Albany
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Liverpool
L3 Living at the Albany
Ranked #80 of 97 Hotels in Liverpool
liverpool
“DISGUSTING!”
Reviewed 9 November 2009

RUDE staff was the main problem here!!
definately would never stay here again if it was paid for!!
I stayed here on my Birthday and the staff totally ruined everything by not letting us have a good time and most of belongings went missing!! never again!! AWFUL i was disgusted as was my friends DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed January 2009, travelled with friends

Business
Leicestershire
Reviewed 4 November 2008

The Albany is an impressive building. However we had some issues. Firstly the car parking was not made available on our arrival resulting in the car being left in the street. I had an hour of hassle with the concierge the next day to get access because no-one from L3 was responding to phone calls. The accomodation we had was ostentatious but lacked basics (like comfortable living room seating, dining table and chairs, a bin in the kitchen area, microwave) which I would expect given its billing as luxury accomodation. One of the beds was a 'put-you-up' type which had a broken slat and was very uncomfortable. There were other niggles like light bulbs missing and the curtains in one bedroom had been pulled down making sleep difficult due to the security lighting outside.
I was told that the extra fees charged for the late book in and car parking would be deducted from the final bill as compensation. I was still charged some of these fees however and 2 weeks later L3 have still not responded to say what they are going to do about this.
I would not reccomend it. For the prices charged there were too many niggles and issues. The customer service from L3 was very poor.

• Liked — Impressive building, Location
  • Disliked — Poor attention to detail and customer service, poor value for money
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank sunnytimthesecond

Travellers are raving about these Liverpool hotels

Victoria, BC
Reviewed 24 October 2008

The rennovation of the Albany is excellent. The L3 service is extremely friendly. the parking is an unforgettable experience. Highly recommended and a credit to Liverpool.

• Liked — L3 service
  • Disliked — proximity to food
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled solo
4 Thank TheFranceFamily
london
Reviewed 23 August 2008

My wife and I stayed here for 2 nights with our 1 year son and overall it was a good experience and very good value for money.

We had one of the 3 bedroom penthouses and while it's nothing amazing we and found it to be a modern and spacious flat and nicer than staying in a hotel. The location is good (10-15min walk to the main tourist spots) and the building feels secure and well maintained although it’s very empty - seems like most of the other flats are unoccupied.

On the negative side the plants in the flat were dead and the car park was 'out of order'. Although the owners removed the cost of car-parking from our bill we still had to pay to park our car at the NCP round the corner, which was expensive. Also I couldn't get the internet to work on my laptop.

Overall four stars

• Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
4 Thank tenpintom
london
Reviewed 21 July 2008

What can I say about these apartments?! They are just fab, really close to the city centre. We were on a couples weekend away with our friends and the team who run the apartments advised us on where to eat and where to drink - very helpful!

The apartment we stayed in was on the first floor and was very comfortable with 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. The kitchen even had tea, coffee and sugar - so we could have a cuppa when we arrived.

We are planning another weekend to Liverpool and L3 Living will be where we stay!

• Liked — Location & Room
  • Disliked — Having to go home!
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled with friends
2 Thank facebookisforweirdos
Tamworth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 April 2008

My parents, my 2 kids aged 1 and 5 and myself wanted a couple of nights away during the school holidays, and had a look on 'Late Rooms' for a last minute 2 night break.

My husband has stayed in other self serviced apartments with his work and recommended we try one as it offers flexibility that hotels don't. Liverpool was our choice and we found a 2 bed apartment at L3 Living's the Albany for £100 per night, which between the 5 of us seemed great value.

After booking it on Laterooms the L3 manager (Luke) emailed to confirm the booking and to clarify T&C, saying he would charge £100 (50%) to my debit card. However he took the whole amount (£224.40 with parking and a 2% charge despite my paying on debit card not credit card) Note World Pay do not charge this, the merchant do! Anyhow, I contacted them to point out the whole amount had gone through and he apologised and offered to refund half, but I said not to worry as we would be paying it anyway in a couple of days.

Not having visited Liverpool before we found the place hard to locate (but that was probably us!) and I parked up outside by chance and rang Luke. We had been delayed an hour from the time I said we would arrive due to travelling through the Mersey tunnel 3 times and when I rang he said " I was going to ring you you are an hour late!" which I thought was a bit rude and made me feel bad!! However the lady who met us, Paula, was very helpful and friendly.

She explained the parking was around the rear of the building and it was a bit tight to turn into the entrance, but we found it and drove in. The car park is a secure 'stacker' system (like a car vending machine!), which was fantastic but did mean that we had to empty all our luggage and everything that we needed there and then. We made 2 journeys to our apartment with the luggage, which was a small walk away through about 6 doors and up a lift so my parents in their 70s were quite shattered!

We had a 1st floor apartment (94) which was apparently the first time it was let and I was initially quite disappointed as it did not match the photos I had seen on the website - apparently these are of the penthouses not the other floor apartments.

We had chosen the apartment as it was advertised as having "full Sky premier package" but unfortunately it only had a fuzzy BBC1!!! I therefore rang the manager and complained, he said something had gone wrong with the satellite dish and he would sort it out in the morning.

The apartment did suit us though and offered us the space and freedom we wanted. We turned on all the heaters and it was soon feeling cosy. The apartments are excellently located with restaurants around and the river, Albert dock area and shops all about a 10 - 15 minute walk. The area felt safe and was very clean.

So after a meal out we went to bed ...... only to find that despite being modernly decorated with new bedding the mattresses were DIABOLICAL and I hardly slept as a result.

At 9am Luke arrived with a freeview box and set it up. He apologised that the satellite tv wasn't working and said that was the best he could do. It was helpful of him and at least the kids had some cartoons to watch! I then told him about the state of the matresses and he took a look. He explained they were new but the apartments are sublet through them so the owner had furnished them, not L3. My parents had slept on their duvet to remedy the problem so I asked for another duvet to do the same that night. Also we only had 2 towels between us so I asked for some more.

That night on our return the housekeeper had left the towels but no duvet. I rang Luke to tell him and he said they were meant to buy some matress protectors or something, and he would get back to me. An hour later Paula arrived having been shopping for matress protectors = but these wouldn't have helped one bit! The springs were so obvious you needed something thicker. Luckily she had also bought a duvet that day for another flat so I got one from her car. I was surprised there wasn't a store of spare duvets in the apartment block - what if my kid had been sick on one and we needed one extra!!? Anyhow, this was helpful of her again to try to sort out the problem.

And I did sleep much better that night thanks!

All in all The Albany is an unusually and modern-styled well refurbished place. I think that as they are a new company there are some teething problems that they need to sort and I feel that the apartment should have been checked and sorted before our arrival rather than during it! It offered value for money and a flexible alternative to a hotel so I would use again - but just check that I was either getting a penthouse (3rd floor) apartment or one that had decent matresses and sky tv

• Liked — Location, helpfulness of staff when we had some problems
  • Disliked — The matresses!!! And the fact we had no sky tv....a few teething issues I hope!
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank StarTurn
monaghan.ireland
Reviewed 26 March 2008

exellent loaction 5 minutes walk from city centre, lovely helpful letting company great place to stay

• Stayed March 2008