“Great amosphere pleasant surroundings”

Scoff & Banter Kensington
Reserve with OpenTable
Scoff & Banter Kensington is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,419 of 24,254 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$28 - US$35
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: South Kensington
Description: Located in fashionable South Kensington, perfect for the great museums, Chelsea, Knightsbridge and the Park, Scoff & Banter Kensington is set in the beautiful old Vanderbilt family mansion. Enjoy a cocktail at the specially commissioned contemporary glass bar, before heading into the light and airy restaurant with its wooden floors and unusual objects d'art. Seasonal menus showcase the finest regional British ingredients. Scoff & Banter Kensington is a great spot for afternoon tea. Sourcing fresh, seasonal produce, the signature dish at Scoff & Banter is a succulent, 28-day matured rib eye steak, served with grilled vine tomatoes, chips and peppercorn sauce.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I visited London on business and this place was local to my hotel and I neded food quickly. I fact it was quite a find..relaxed atmosphere, attentive staff and good food. It wasn't spectacular but it had a quiet confidence abot it. Had a most enjoyable meal with a lovely G&T and, although it was reasonably pricey it was probably god value for what received. Would recomend

Piero C, Manager at Scoff & Banter Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear 509Martin ,

Thank you for this review following your recent visit at Scoff & Banter Kensington.

I was pleased to read that you found the atmosphere relaxing and that you enjoyed both Service, Food and Drinks and in particular our signature G&T. I'm looking forward serving you again in the not so distant future.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Great food and very good service from Martina!!! I think it’s a fair balance between quality and price. Thank you! Very pleased!

Piero C, General Manager at Scoff & Banter Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Cristina T,

Thank you for taking the time to write and share your feedback following your recent visit.

I was pleased to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your meal and I will personally communicate your good words to the Restaurant Team and Martina in particular.

Thank you for this review and I'm looking forward welcoming you back in Scoff & Banter.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Our daughter treated my husband and I to an afternoon tea here. My husband isn’t fond of too much sweet food so we found it perfect here as you could choose 2 items from each of the four sections and there were savoury options in three of them. The food was lovely and the staff were very nice.

1  Thank fussy41

Dear Fussy41 ,

Thank you for taking the time to write and share your feedback following your recent Afternoon Tea visit. I was pleased to read that you had a good time with your family, and please be rest assured that the Restaurant Team will be commended for their efforts.

Should you wish to book a meal with us in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

In the heart of Kensington this place boasts a large bar & dining room - although run & next to the Radisson it does not feel like a hotel restaurant.

The service is good, quick and the food nice & good value - it's very standard but well presented fayre - you do get the feeling that the food is all pretty prepared as it comes out quick. However we had the Prawn cocktail which tasted great and the presentation was nice - served on a paddle. For mains we had the shepherd's pie, which was nice & filling. It's not fine dining, but at £20 per head it's a nice place to eat & at the bar you can order cocktails & beers before you dine. We would go back but we have lots of other places to eat at in London first though which we have not tried before.

1  Thank Romfordman

Dear Romfordman ,

Thank you for reviewing your recent dining experience at Scoff & Banter Kensington.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed the Restaurant's ambience as well as Cuisine and Service. I have also taken note of your comments in relation to the speed of service and I can personally assure you that we proudly source fresh produce, prepare it on the day, and cook it right before it reaches your table.

Should you require further information please feel free to contact me via the details below and I'm hoping for the opportunity to welcome you back in the future and offer a dining experience worthy of a 5 star review.

Best regards,
E crrestanp@radisson.com

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Booked this restaurant for lunch with friends. Was a little apprehensive due to mixed reviews.

Service was superb and one of the best burgers I have had. Empty plates so no complaints...!

Only comment would be to make sure you ask for tap water (if you are happy with this option) as not offered and we ended up with bottled water in our bill.

Dear Sarah M ,

Thank you for this review following your recent visit at Scoff & Banter Kensington, I was pleased to read that you enjoyed both Service and Food. I would also like to add that we would absolutely have served you tap water if asked, as by law this always has to be available upon request.