All reviewscannon streetapartment was cleansouthwark bridgetube stationst paulsdishwasher and washing machineone bedroom apartmentgreat apartmenta real home from homeliving roomdining tablefull kitchenpret a mangersouth bankearly hourswi filight sleeper
Reviewed November 23, 2017

I wanted to take hot shower / bath, but only slightly warm water was available.
Perhaps boiler should be improved, or at least checked before inviting new guests.
Otherwise, it would be a perfect stay in London for business.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Dorin A, Front Office Manager at Marlin Apartments Queen Street, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2017

Dear dcj63,

Thank you very much for your stay at Marlin Queen Street.

I apologise for the inconvenience you had during your stay, but thank you for sharing this with us.

Our dedicated housekeeping team are checking all of the apartments after cleaning and also before checking in new guests. I am very sorry if this was not picked up this time, but we have no records of any issues with boilers recently. It might be a case that a failure happened after the apartments was checked as well.

Just as a reminder for future stays that we operate a 24H reception service and should this issue would have been mentioned to any staff member we could have at least looked at it or perhaps fix the issue on the spot.

Once again, thank you for your time you took to review your stay and we are looking forward to welcome you back at Marlin soon.

Reviewed November 23, 2017

Booked through alternative hotel website. All paid for (and received email saying as such) but required to pay £200 fee on arrival otherwise, I was told, I would not be able to stay. This was 7 days ago and I’m still waiting for this money to be returned. I would not return based on this fact alone.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo

Dear ubikrec,

Thank you very much for your stay at Marlin Queen Street and for taking the time to review your stay here on TripAdvisor.

I apologise that the pre-authorization was not explained to you on the alternative website you made the booking, but just so you are aware this is mentioned on any of our third party websites on the Terms & Conditions section.

It is a common practice in Serviced Apartments to ask the pre-authorization of £200 as opposed to hotels. On any website you are booking, the booking confirmation will be sent automatically to you where it says that you have to bring a photographic ID and the card that was used in making the booking. The pre-authorisation is meant to protect both parties against frauds and also is to cover any incidentals might occur. The funds are not leaving the account, they are only placed on hold and released back automatically by your bank. We always mention (T&C’s and booking confirmations) that this could take 5 to 10 working days to be released back by your bank, only because some banks might be faster than others.

We hope to welcome you back in the future at Marlin Queen Street.

Reviewed November 23, 2017

My daughters arrived 3 hours before me and they would not let them in the flats even though I had paid everything because they had to take a guarantee on my credit card....!
The place stinks everywhere , in the corridors and in the rooms. We took the lift and it broke! We had to take our luggage up 4 stairs!! We went into our flat and the window was broken, no handle...! The receptionist told us we had to keep the flat as she would not give us another one. No help at all. Don’t come here...!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family

Dear pbarbi_604482,

Thank you very much for your stay at Queen Street. I am deeply sorry to hear that you had issues during your stays with us.

Part of our check in requirements is to have the ID and same card that was used to make the booking present at the check in; regardless if the booking was paid in advance and your daughters arrived earlier, our 24-hour concierge will require a photographic ID (passport/ driving licence) of the person who made the booking and the card that was used, upon check-in. This is an extra measure against increasing fraudulent activity in London.

Regarding the lift, I am sorry for the inconvenience caused, but I remember I have directed you to the back entrance elevator as this were fully functioning. Also, this was closer to your both apartments. The engineer was called out and he attended the same evening and the front entrance lift was fixed.

I apologies that the window handle was broken in the living room area. I raised the issue with the maintenance team and I will make sure that will not happen again in the future. The handle was replaced next morning by our maintenance department.

I am sorry you felt that we were of no help, but I want to assure you that our dedicated team is always customer focused and will go out their way to provide best service.

We are looking forward to welcome you back soon at Marlin.

Reviewed October 21, 2017

I had stayed a few times at Marlin apartments as I found it more confortable to stay at an apartment than at a hotel room. I booked an apartment for two days. The booking was done and paid in full more than 3 weeks prior to the arrival date. On arrival at Marlin Queen Street I was told that there was no free apartment for us, in spite of having booked and paid in advance several weeks ago. I saw a new client arriving at reception (after my arrival) who was given an apartment, instead I was left in reception. I was given the choice to go to another Marlin Apartment, which was about 15mins walk. This was not what I booked, not what I planned for and not what I wanted. I was left without any other choice but to take the apartment they offered in another, more inconvenient location for me. I have been a client of Marlin for some years. So there will be no more bookings. My latest experience at Marlin makes me think that they do not have any respect for customers and that their managing procedures are appaling.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Dorin A, Manager at Marlin Apartments Queen Street, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2017

Dear Carmen G,

Thank you for your review on our services.

I am terribly sorry for the issues you encountered during your last stay with us, I appreciate that being relocated at the last minute must have been quite frustrating for you. Of course changing the location of a guests booking is something that is always used as a last resort and unfortunately on this occasion we were left with little choice.

We are very sorry that the alternative accommodation provided was not satisfactory and we would very much like the opportunity to resolve this and restore your faith in Marlin Apartments.

We would like to offer you a 25% discount on your next stay with us, this discount can be used at any of our seven properties and will be applied to the flexible rate available on our website at the time of booking. Should you wish to make a booking using this discount please contact myself directly or any member of the reservations department and we will be happy to assist you.

We look forward to welcome you back at Marlin soon.

Kindest Regards,
Dorin Andricsa
Operations Manager

Reviewed October 10, 2017 via mobile

Rooms are spacious, well equipped and well maintained. It is located very close to the business areas and is well connected to tube stations. The staff is very helpful and well mannered.

Special mention to Bianca, Bradley and Andra for all the help they provided!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Dorin A, Manager at Marlin Apartments Queen Street, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2017

Dear kc7051,

Thank you very much for your stay at Marlin Queen Street and for taking the time to write this review.

I am delighted to hear that the apartment was spacious and up to your satisfaction.

Thank you for mentioning the staff members you encountered during your stay and for the kind words.

I have passed on this message to them and they sent their regards to you.

We are all looking forward to welcome you back at Queen Street on your next visit in London.

Dorin Andrisca