“Not the best service and food is just OK”
Review of Cafe de Hong Kong - CLOSED

Cafe de Hong Kong
Price range: US$10 - US$53
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Covent Garden
Reviewed March 5, 2014

I went there a few times
I wouldnt say its the best restaurant to dine in at china town,
but food is just Average.
I agree with a lot of people here.
Service Charge should be optional and not forced to pay,
and like many say that there wasnt any service to compliment on.
You get rushed with your food and you get chucked out quickly once bill is paid.
Something is definately wrong with the system in china town,
you cant treat customers like this.
Poor Customer Service .

Reviewed January 25, 2014

Whenever I came to London Chinatown, I would usually go here to have a cheap and filling meal. On my last visit, we were shown to our table and ordered drinks...about 10 minutes later, a waitress came over to our table with the bill (even though we didn't ask for one). She told us that the cafe is so busy that we needed to leave in 20 minutes. I understand it was busy but it was incredibly rude and its not how a restaurant should treat its customers.
I will not be returning again.

Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

We've been before and really enjoyed ourselves and decided to come back for an early dinner last week and had another lovely evening. Fast service, good food and all good value for money.

1  Thank Mrscook1
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Went here to try the bubble tea drinks which I had no tried before. Large glass of fresh mango with ice and black sago pearls in the bottom. Tastes like someone dropped Haribo sweets in your drink when you suck one up through the oversized straw. Prawn and chive dumplings were hot and sticky although not many of them. Sitting on second floor means you can look out at people on Charring Cross Road. Food comes with complimentary thin consommé but really just hot dish water with 2 pieces of carrot which had been stewing for several days. There are better paces to get dim sum in Lisle Street

1  Thank LargelyMonk
Reviewed October 22, 2012

I always eat in this place when in Chinatown. The portions are plentiful and the food is served piping hot and quickly.

I normally always go with a Beef Ho Fun and I'm yet to be dissapointed. You can be in and out of here within 25minutes not bad considering the food is all cooked fresh.

1  Thank OFM77