“Decent Quick Burger”

Gourmet Burger Kitchen - Fulham
Ranked #8,120 of 22,375 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$36 - US$41
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Hammersmith / Fulham
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Decent Quick Burger”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2012

I went here with a buddy on a Saturday afternoon. This place is right on the main street in Fulham, right near the tube station. I ordered the Habanero burger, super skinny fries and a coke. It cost £11.70. The burger was decent, the fries were decent and the coke was decent. All in all - it wasn't bad - I'm sure there are better burger joints out there that are about the same price, but this place did hold its own. We asked for a couple glasses of water and they brought it out quickly and without question. It was nice looking restaurant inside and had a comfortable atmosphere. I would go again although it was a big pricey, but it is Fulham (London). Next time I will go on a weekday and be able to use my taste card (50% off).

• Visited January 2012

London, United Kingdom
“Ugh! - My Boy went Green, I could taste the fat coating my teeth...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2011

You could not pay me to go back to this underlit, close to sordid place on the graceless side of Fulham Broadway. Our first visit to this over-rated chain. A poor imitation of Byron. Thick, floury under-toasted baps, too much lettuce and nasty tomato washed down with a burger that was more fatty goo than meat. My teeth were coated in it. Quite revolting. My Boy ate half of his burger, turned green and we had to go home so he could lie down. He then threw up. £61 for three of us? I don't think so.
We will not be going back to GKB.

• Visited November 2011
Scotland
“hot quality on a cold wet night”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2010

On a cold wet Friday last week we were in Fulham seeking a place to get out of the heavy rain and a place to put hot food into our tummy's.
Just by chance we happened apon gbk 49 Fulham Broadway. What a lucky evening.
We had a great burger and Chorizo in warm surrounds with drinks that did not break the bank. This is not a pretentious restaurant , you have to order the food at the counter and it is brought to you when it is ready. but then who cares about this when you can have good food. We would rather have value for money than to have lots of staff running around taking orders and this to be reflected in the cost. What my wife and I had was good hot wholesome food, well presented at a price anyone can afford. It is the place for a good meal after a days shopping without the hasle of having to get dressed up.

Good there and try it.