“Fantastic ribs in the best whisky bar in central London!”
Review of Lord Wargrave

Lord Wargrave
Ranked #666 of 25,458 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$2 - US$32
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Marylebone
Reviewed August 6, 2018

The Lord Walgrave serves up an amazing range of racks ribs from beef to pork that are very tasty and definitely on of the top 5 places to eat ribs in London.
I have tried both the pork ribs and the beef and both are really great.
The Lord Walgrave also has the best range of whiskeys from Scottish malts to US bourbons I have seen in a London pub.
I have tried a few.
The friendly staff are very knowledgeable about everything from the 250+ whiskeys to try to the great American food on the menu.
Very impressive especially as the pub puts all the whisky shops in London to shame.
Wonderful range and such quality!
The Lord Walgrave in the quiet Marylebone area of central London is an absolute joy to drink and eat in.

LWargrave, General Manager at Lord Wargrave, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2018

Hi Raphael,

Thank you so much for your lovely review, we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed August 2, 2018

We were staying a few blocks away and stopped in for a late dinner. Lucy our waitress was so helpful and friendly. Our burgers, beef and lamb burgers and mac and cheese really hit the spot. Great brews. Our first and only visit did not disappoint.

LWargrave, General Manager at Lord Wargrave, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2018

Hi Susan,

Thank you for your review, Lucy was very pleased to read it. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed July 28, 2018 via mobile

We had high hopes regarding this place because of the good TripAdvisor reviews. Unfortunately both me and my wife were very disappointed.

My wife had pulled pork burger with sweet potato fries. The pulled pork was nothing special and a hit dry. I had buttermilk fried chicken burger with sweet potato fries which was a big mistake. I've never had that dry (fried) chicken in my life before.

I'd have given this place one out of five since the food was such a disappointment and the place was really loud but the fries were delicious and staff was friendly.

I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone but if you must go order something else than burgers.

LWargrave, General Manager at Lord Wargrave, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2018

Hi Arto,

I am very disappointed to read your review as we do pride ourselves on the quality of our dishes, and we are always happy to change anything if a customer isn't happy.

If you could email us on contact@lordwargrave.com so I could get your details to give you a call, that would be great.

Reviewed July 28, 2018 via mobile

Nice place near to our accomodation. Didnt know the name of the lager that we had but it has a nice floral note. As we visited on World Cup evening, many of the menu items were out. The portion of the ribs were huge. The St Louis was a lot better than the babyback in terms of flavours and softness. Its a shame to miss the puddings as we were too full.

Hi HLKoh,

Thank you for your review, we hope to see you again soon, and hopefully can save some room for dessert next time! The sticky toffee pudding is delicious!

Reviewed July 22, 2018 via mobile

This used to be one of my old favorite ribs and burger places but on our visit today I feel a big whole has appeared. The burger was dry and the meat tasted old and musky. Jacobs ladder didn’t have the juicy taste it used to but again something that has been over cooked and the quality of meat is definitely different, seems that the price remained but the chef is shopping at Costco, the ribs average at best. The staff were great but that says little when you leave so disappointed, Such a shame ........

LWargrave, General Manager at Lord Wargrave, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2018

Hi there,

I'm very disappointed to read your review as we pride ourselves on the quality of our in-house rubbed and smoked meats. If you could contact us on contact@lordwargrave.com so I could find out some more information, and of course get you in to give us another go as this is not our usual quality as you can see from our other reviews.