2,388 results
All reviews clash bar court room bed mixed dorm free breakfast cross station female dorm king cross shower room rooms are small st pancras courthouse courtroom cereal tube mirror
Reviewed July 15, 2012

I stayed in a 6 mixed ensuite bedroom in 11/2008. It was a pleasant time.

Room Tip: Ensuite, always
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed July 12, 2012

I stayed here with a group of my friends when we were visiting London back in November I think it was.
The place was lovely
Had such a great atmosphere! The bar was interesting but a wee bit pricey, though I guess that's kind of the norm for London?

There was a wee bit of confusion about what beds we were supposed to be sleeping in.
We were a big group (of about 8 or so) so we booked ourselves into the 16 mixed sex bed room, obviously having to share with people, who were all very lovely and kept us right on which beds were our booked ones.
The beds were pretty cosy and very snug with a handy wee safe compartment above your head. There was supposed to be a light too but sadly mine didn't work :(

The staff were very patient with us and very helpful considering the wee kerfuffle our group made (having to organise so many people is a bit difficult) when it came to checking in.

The breakfast was lovely as well.

My only gripe with the the place was the heat. It was surreal! Understandably a room full of 16 odd people is gonna get pretty toasty but a lot of us were a wee bit reluctant to fully open the window as we were on the ground floor open to the street
This also caused a wee bit of noise pollution making a bit difficult to get to sleep, though this was overshadowed by the two noisy men blundering into the room at four in the morning and then deciding to have a conversation. This clearly annoyed a few other people in the room too. :( The bar/breakfast lounge was unbearably hot too! It was very humid but if you can stand the heat it's definitely worth a good visit!

The price for the place in such a location was fantastic as well! Well worth every penny :)

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Systemerror404
Reviewed July 8, 2012

I have stayed in a few hostels over my time and as a 25 year old with lots of travel experience this was by far the worst place I have ever stayed. The staff were rude and unprofessional, eating while checking me in then apologizing for being hung over. The private room with 'ensuite' was so small we could barely fit in there and one person had to constantly be on the bed. The bathroom was literally a portable bathroom. The shower getting the whole cupboard wet and absolutely no privacy when going to the toilet.
The room was so extremely hot because there was no ventilation. One small window which we kept open all night did nothing to ease our heat problem. It hasn't been a warm summer in London but we were sweating all night.
I know I was in a hostel and I expect noise but the horror that was my stay there meant absolutely no sleep because of noise up until 4am an then starting again at 6am. Screaming people, slamming doors, cleaners cleaning toilet at 12am.
The breakfast was free and I have no complaints about that but the tables were extremely sticky and the whole place stink of rancid cigerette smoke and booze. Do not stay here if you want sleep and somewhere clean.

• Stayed: July 2012
3  Thank Freya M
Management response:Responded July 11, 2012

Hello!

First of all, thank you for leaving us your feedback!

I would like to apologize for your experience with a member of staff. I would investigate this further as it never happened before. Our staff members are well known for being friendly and bubbly. I would appreciate if you could contact me on lettie@clinkhostels.co.uk with more details on this, like your date of arrival and room number.

Next time, if you are unhappy with the room you just need to ask somebody in the front desk for a Manager. We will do our best to help you out finding a room more suitable for you. Due to the characteristics of the building, being a 200 years old courthouse, some of the rooms are a bit smaller than others.

I hope you enjoy the rest of your travels!

The Clink78 team

Reviewed July 7, 2012

We found the location of this hostel very good- a short walk to kings cross station. As we were not planning on spendig much time in our rooms this was important for us. Helpful reception, internet went down but reception helped with topping up cards. Booked a private 'cell' for our first night and shared in an 8 bed the second- wouldn't bother with private, room was tiny ad hot and we found we had more room in the shared room. Clean facilities, friendly staff, a bit rowdy so if you don't like noise maybe don't stay here

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Cmdnz
Reviewed July 5, 2012

The experience was fairly good, I stayed there for one night and found the beds to be comfortable and the facilities in good condition. However, the place was very loud, there is a major street right outside and most of the lodgers appear to be in their late teens, not the quietest bunch.
The most annoying issue was that someone came into the room at 1:30 in the morning, woke everyone up, and inquired if people would be willing to switch rooms for the next night. This was apparently someone from the hostel, not a lodger because he had a list of people that were staying for more than one night. It was very frustrating.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo