US$412
US$281
US$261
Kensington Hotel
  • Restaurant
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$191
Rhodes Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$74
US$72
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$102/night.

US$238
US$161
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
The Nadler Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
US$142
US$118
Official Site
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$136/night.

US$172
US$133
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$153/night.

US$208
US$194
Agoda.com
US$218
US$174
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$199/night.

Hotel 41(London)
US$671
  • Room Service
2,330 results
All reviewsclash barcourt roombed mixed dormbottom bunkfree breakfastcross stationking crossshower roomrooms are smallcourthousecourtroomcerealpancrastubemirror
Reviewed October 4, 2017 via mobile

I have stayed here on several occasions, and it is a really good place to be.
Staff are happy and helpful, great little bar downstairs, and a decent breakfast.
Rooms, showers and toilets are clean, and it's only 10 minute walk from Kings Cross station

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Clink_Hostels1, Guest Relations Manager at Clink78, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2017

Hi Joel,
Sounds great, thanks a lot for sharing :-)
Hope we see you next time you visit London!
Kind regards,
Laura, Guest Experience Manager

Reviewed October 3, 2017 via mobile

The staff are very friendly and helpful. The dorms and the other facilities were clean. It's a ten minute walk from King cross and St Pancras. It is a nice, cozy hostel and I will definitely recommend it to someone who want to stay in London without spending a lot of money.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed October 3, 2017

The room itself as a hostel room was perfectly fine, however proper ladders would be much better as the small steps were quite difficult to get up and I'm 22 with no mobility issues! My bed had a small safe box thing above it which contained an old smelly sock so safe to say I did not use that and found myself sleeping next to my valuables. The room was so warm so the window needed to be kept open but due to sharing with multiple people this meant the room got very smelly, very quickly and as there was a pub across the road & on a busy street it was so noisy all night. The breakfast was good value & of good quality.

Would be nice to have a mirror in the room as no plugs in the bathroom meant it was very difficult to dry & straighten my hair in the room using my iPad as a mirror!

Remember - take ear plugs & eye mask if you want a good sleep (I was awoken by a confused woman & the receptionist trying to find her bed & a snorer from 5am on wards)! Also good to take your own towel & padlock if you have space to save you paying for one.

Good location, didn't feel unsafe walking from Kings Cross to there at all.

Room Tip: Ask for one to the back so it's not facing the main noisy street
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed October 2, 2017

I stayed at this hostel recently for four reasons:

1. It was close by King's Cross rail station

2. It is affordable

3. It has the novelty of being a former court house

4. It is where punk band The Clash were once on trial.

The original features of the court house remain, including the cells, which are now bookable as private rooms for guests. However, as the cells were fully booked when I wanted to go, I stayed in 12 bed all female dorm. This was adequate for me for the two nights I needed a place to sleep. The dorm itself was quiet and clean when I stayed there. It ha s good features, such as a safe box above your bed for small valuables, such as mobile phones and purses. This is free to use as are the lockers provided for storing larger valuables such as suit cases, laptops, tablets and cameras etc. However I'd advise anyone to bring a small padlock for the bigger locker. In case you don't happen to have a padlock handy they are available to buy from the vending machine in the main reception area. I bought mine from the vending machine for £3. This is because the booking receptionist didn't tell me I would require to bring my own padlock.

Another essential item I forgot was a towel. However the friendly receptionist on the desk gave me one, which they have available. The said towels are free of charge, which is for women, but £2 for men. So as I'm a woman I was able to borrow one for free.

My towel came in useful for the showers, which are shared, albeit they have separate cubicles within for individuals. The showers were directly next to the women's dorm, and were specifically for women only. And as they are
'power showers' which makes it a positive bathing experience. The actual shower units contain a shelf for toiletries, and a hook for towels and clothes. In the shower room there are sinks, mirrors, and most essential a hairdryer. Though there was only one hairdryer when I was there. I did use it and it worked fine.

In the women's dorm you receive clean bedding, but I had to make my own bed. And as the beds are bunk beds I found making up the bed required extra effort. The bunk beds have metallic step ladders on the front which looked uncomfortable. However, I was lucky to have a lower bunk. My bed was comfortable and I slept well.

The female dorm was cleaned daily, and was spotless as was the rest of the hostel. The cleaning staff and reception staff were extremely helpful and friendly. They were easy to spot too as they have staff T.shirts which makes them identifiable.

In the basement of the hostel they serve a continental style breakfast for only £2, so if you're on a budget it's excellent value. The breakfast consisted of mainly toast, jam, chocolate spread, cereal, tea, coffee, juice and water. You can enjoy your breakfast in the dining area and meet other travellers there. It was very busy when I was there.

In the evening you have the option to attend the Clash bar where a variety of alcoholic and none alcoholic drinks can be bought and consumed. There was a disco when I went, and it was a bit too loud for me, so I stayed for one gin and slimline tonic only. Nevertheless, if you like a drink, a dance and a bit of loud music, this could be up your street.

In the foyer of the hostel there are comfy settees to lounge on, as well as vending machines which sell soft drinks and snacks. There is also a room annexed to the foyer which is an Internet cafe as well as a relaxation room. This room is fun as it is where the actual hearings in the court took place. As such I highly recommend a visit to this room. If you need to use the hostel's computers there it was 0.50p for 30 minutes when I was there. I did have to use them, and I found them really good with fast Internet.
The features of this hostel include computerised door access. For this a guest is given a card to access entry into rooms, dorms and corridors. There's also a lift down to the basement, which is useful when carrying heavy luggage as I was. I was able to store my luggage in the luggage room after I had checked out. I stored it there with my Michael Kors coat, and they were still there when I returned to collect them for my journey home late that evening.

The only drawback was there only seemed stairs up to the women's dorm in the hostel. This was fine for me as I'm fit and healthy. However if you can't use stairs, I would mention this when booking up.

Hostel78 is less than 10 minutes walk from King's Cross train station, so it is very conveniently placed. It is close to shops, pubs, restaurants and the London Underground.

Overall a good, clean, convenient place to stay which is fun and affordable. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Clink_Hostels1, Guest Relations Manager at Clink78, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2017

Hi Sandi,
Thanks for your lovely review, so great to hear you appreciated our facilities and services! I will pass on your compliments to our lovely housekeeping and reception team :-)
Towels are included if you book a private room or a girls deluxe dorm (like you had). For all of the other dorms renting a towel is 2.50 pounds (despite you are a girl or a boy ;-)).
Hope we will see you back again soon so you can try out the prison cells!
Kind regards,
Laura, Guest Experience Manager

Reviewed September 24, 2017

We were traveling in a small group and booked a room only for ourselves. The staff were so nice and helpful, the place is really cool, relaxation area nice, people you meet are nice and cool, the bathrooms are clean as well as the rooms. We found the room to be a bit small but we only needed to crash in there after walking all over Central London visiting. The place is very close to the international St Pancras station and has all you need around it. Thank for having us. We will come back.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends