2,434 results
All reviews clash bar internet room court room bed mixed dorm bottom bunk cross station king cross common room rooms are small st pancras courthouse courtroom cereal tube mirror
Reviewed October 23, 2017

I stayed by myself in all girls 10-bed dorm. This dorm felt very secure: key-card locks, not on the ground floor, and personal security lockers in the room. I felt the place was very clean, but the staff could sometimes be short and not necessarily polite. I did enjoy my stay and felt like I had some privacy, even in a 10 bed dorm. My only complaint is that the ladders are difficult to climb (if you have any sort of injury/disability I would recommend requesting a bottom bunk) and there are not enough power outlets in the rooms. The location is a 10-minute walk from Kings Cross station and 3-minutes from a couple of bus stops. I found it convenient and easy to get from place to place within London. I also recommend the free tour they offer through Sandeman's new Europe.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank Marlo W
Reviewed October 22, 2017

The toilets and room were dirty/smelly and roommates were VERY loud even after midnight. The staff charges you if you need a locker after checking out. The atmosphere is not cozy at all, my bed lacked a lamp and a nearby plug. I won't come back

2  Thank Thaís S
Clink_Hostels1, Guest Relations Manager at Clink78, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2017

Hi Thais,
Thanks for your feedback! Sorry to hear you were unlucky with your roommates! Next time let us know so we can ask them to be quite or we can change rooms for you.
You can leave your luggage for free after check out in our luggage room, but if you need a locker for your valuable items, you need to pay a small fee.
Hope despite this you did enjoy your time in London!

Reviewed October 15, 2017

The toilets were dirty, the breakfast was horrible (the cheese smelt and tasted the ham, no salty things, coffee not so bad and the bread didn't fill the stomach), the staff was not friendly and the hostel is far away from the center.
I DON'T RECOMMEND IT !!

1  Thank Audrée G
Clink_Hostels1, Guest Relations Manager at Clink78, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2017

Hi Audree,
Thanks for sharing your feedback! Sorry to see you didn't like your stay with us!
Could you let me know what happened with the staff so we can investigate and take action?
Thanks!
laura@clinkhostels.com

Reviewed October 10, 2017 via mobile

Very clean accomadation , we stayed in a private twinshare with a shared bathroom. Never had any problems. Staff were very friendly
Would come back here. Close to all transport and to central London

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank christinehammond87
Reviewed October 8, 2017

This was my first stay and I was in an 8 bed mixed dorm. The location was awesome, and the staff were extremely helpful and super friendly (like answered every one of our numerous questions). Overall, it felt really safe. The linens were clean and so were the bathrooms. The bar was good and cheap. There were power outlets for everyone, and the bottom bunks were fairly dark so I was not disturbed by light at all.

That being said, the room was very small, but because I was only sleeping there, it wasn't that big of a deal. Because of its size, it got very stuffy, very quickly. It was cold and damp, with or without the window open. My room smelled like mildew, and the light above my bed didn't work, which made it kind of annoying. Everything felt slightly damp.

Perhaps not every room is like this, but unfortunately it did bother me. I might stay here again, but it just depends on what is available around it.

Room tip: Maybe try getting a private room, or go for something less than 8.
1  Thank kyriesadventures
Clink_Hostels1, Guest Relations Manager at Clink78, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2017

Hi Kyrie,
Thanks for your feedback! Happy you liked the staff and location :-)
Sorry about the light not working! We do regular checks on all the lights, but please next time let us know so we can send someone from maintenance right away.
We are aware that some rooms don't have the best ventilation and are looking for solutions for that.
Happy travels!