2,388 results
All reviews clash bar court room bed mixed dorm free breakfast cross station female dorm king cross shower room rooms are small st pancras courthouse courtroom cereal tube mirror
Reviewed May 13, 2010

This place is a great place to meet other travellers - nice kitchen too! breakfast can get a little hectic but apart from that its well worth the money. If you're someone who likes to keep to themselves, try the hotel across the road, otherwise clink is definitely worth a stay!

Stayed: May 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed May 10, 2010

Terrible. Just terrible. The underbed storage lockers are way too tiny to fit a normal packer's pack, and the luggage storage room is full to the brim and people are always going in and out. You may as well leave your bag in the street. Because people couldn't fit their packs under the bed, they just left them out in the already SO cramped dorm room. People's stuff was everywhere. My locker was broken as well, so the few valuables which may have fit in the locker (a small bag with my laptop), I was unable to. Upon arrival I was given only a top sheet for the bed (which you make yourself). I had assumed that the pillow and duvet would already be on the bed waiting for me. Nope. Only a blue plastic mattress. Yes. Plastic! When I inquired about a duvet and pillow, I learned that only a sheet is provided. Not cool. At this point, I left and booked in somewhere else. Avoid.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled solo
4  Thank wanderingreader
Reviewed May 4, 2010

First of all, it's location is incredible. But that's the only thing that's incredible about it.
I got one out of four beds in a basement room, which actually was smaller than my bathroom at home, and I am not exaggerating or living in a luxury apartment. However, I've met some interesting people and if not for the horrible bar (my room's door opened right into the it) which was as loud as hell until 2 am I would have even had some nice sleep there!
In any normal conditions when I wouldn't have been in a hurry I would have hated that place, but as my roommate, a railroad electrician, said "Can you find anywhere else to sleep in London for 20 quid?".
The personnel were understanding (even though a bit ironic), but if I would have been a senior traveler I would have wanted to kill them.
Breakfast is nice, showers and toilets were clean.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed April 28, 2010

I've stayed here at least a dozen times over the past year, because it's near my office and I use it during busy periods at work when I can't face commuting. If it wasn't so close to work I definitely wouldn't choose it.

The USP - that it's in an old Victorian court house - is meaningless: there's barely a trace of the original architecture or style evident inside. The decor is ugly, with bright orange walls in the female dorms and prison-grey walls in the mixed rooms.

The beds are the worst design for a hostel I've ever come across - they are made of metal, so any time you knock against them it makes a loud noise and hurts - and there are no hooks or shelves to put your things on, only a small metal locker in a sort of bar above your head. Because the bunks are packed together in rows, every movement someone makes, even if it's several beds from you, shakes your bed.

The bathrooms are clean, which is good, but the women's one is tiny and cramped with nowhere to put your spongebag while you wash. However there do always seem to be enough toilets that you never have to queue.

The reason I tolerate staying here is that it's reasonably quiet (despite being mostly inhabited by teenagers). The room lights always get turned off by common consent before 11pm, and people don't talk or make noise after that. The traffic noise is pretty loud as it's on a main road, but if you don't mind that you'll be OK. But if you're a late riser you might find it frustrating: most people tend to get up at 7.30 or 8, and as I said, their movements will probably shake you awake. (I can only speak for the female dorms here, not sure if the boys' habits differ!)

The staff are friendly and I've seen them take time to give people advice and directions. Breakfast is as much as you like of cereal and toast, which is quite good. And it's very conveniently located.

So: it's certainly not as grim as some hostels - but I can't recommend it.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed April 8, 2010

Just luking at the hostel's photos posted in the web you can dicover how much misleading they are... We were robbed by the cleaning staff 400 hundred pounds and a lot of tobbacco packages, and i say that 'cause it's demonstrable, although the other staff members don't wanted to recognise it while someone of them confessed us the truth... Moreover, i have to say that the rooms are as small as real clink cells. We were ten people in a really really little room without cabinets and mooving space. The beds are small and distressing. Also the food at breakfast time is low and of a poor quality. I must not forget to warn everybody that security stuff is truly incompetent and arrogant, so pay really attention to your stuff, specially the money and tobbaco. Definitely disappointing, disgusting and allegedly thief hostel...

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with friends