Harry Potter and The Cursed Child
Review Highlights
A must see!

Fantastic, despite having the cheaper seats still managed to see almost everything. Shame the seats... read more

Reviewed today
N_Travel101
United Kingdom
via mobile
Brilliant

If you like Harry Potter you will want to see this. Be prepared for strict security checks going... read more

Reviewed yesterday

from US$120.50
from US$82.10
from US$119.20
More Info
All reviews special effects palace theatre hp fan jk rowling visual effects amazing play moaning myrtle story line magical experience dress circle uncomfortable seats balcony seats box office stage production grand circle stole the show second half
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

Just finished up seeing Harry Potter at The Palace Theatre. Beautiful classic theater with two bars and good-sized reception areas. We tried to get tickets through our concierge who said tickets were difficult to get and would be upwards of 1,000 pounds each. We were discouraged but decided to stop by the theater ourselves while we were out exploring. We went to the ticket booth and got two tickets for each part for the very next day for a total of 290 pounds. (72.50 per ticket per show.) Good seats — row L on the floor.

Woman at the ticket booth recommended that we arrive an hour before the start time of 2 pm which we did. They check bags and screen theater-goers. (It’s the age we live in.) Part 1 wrapped up close to 4:30 pm so we headed out to a local coffee shop and enjoyed some window shopping before returning to the theater just before 7 pm to catch part 2 which started at 7:30 pm and ended at a little past 10 pm. It was a full day commitment and worth it. You can split the viewing days but we’re happy we saw both parts in the same day.

Appropriate for teenagers (middle-schoolers and up) but too scary for younger children. My teenage son says he saw 4th and 5th graders there. Depends on the kids but the subject matter is heavy. Not to giveaway too much of the storyline but another Hogwarts student is killed and the death-eaters are realistic.

Theater attire for midweek show was very casual. American eateries surround the theater — McDonalds and Shake Shack are across the street. We hung out at the Italian coffee shop where they also served pastries and pre-made sandwiches.

Excellent family entertainment.

1  Thank MicIan48
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

I bought tickets 9 months ago. So excited to see this with my family and grandparents. You must watch the films or read the books beforehand to understand the plot. The effects were amazing. Very dark though and had to keep eating and drinking to keep my eyes open as easily fall asleep in the dark! We watched part one then we ate out at The Ivy which is around the corner and then came back to watch part two. Plenty of places to eat nearby suitable for a variation of budgets. The theatre is very old - the chairs aren't 100 percent comfortable so you will shift around a lot! Food and drink inside is expensive but that's normal for London. Would I recommend? Yes!

1  Thank jessica486
Reviewed April 2, 2018 via mobile

We managed to upgrade our tickets to the stalls...amazing view and well worth the extra money.

Part one on Thursday 29th March and Part two on Friday 30th March.

Actors were all very good. I won’t criticise any of them and I especially won’t compare them to the movie actors as it’s not a movie!

Favourite part was brilliantly played by Samuel Blenkin as Scorpius Malfoy. Made me laugh out loud multiple times. James Howard was also exceptional as Draco. The interactions between him and Harry were very heart warming as the story progressed.

One thing I will mention in a negative light was the use of Ron’s character. I feel he was made to look like a bit of a joke and an after thought. Nothing against the actor portraying him. I guess it’s a slight dig at the writing. But just a personal view.

The effects were truly amazing. I won’t mention anything (#keepthesecrets), but I was blown away by it all.

The story was solid and easy to follow. The flashbacks were also a nice touch.

The theatre itself was a brilliant setting for it. Plenty of leg room (I’m 6 foot tall) and comfy seats. Bar staff were welcoming and helpful. As were all the other staff. I recommend preordering the interval drinks.

Reviewed April 1, 2018 via mobile

The bomb dot com. Amazing cast and acting ability. Amazing ambience full of Potter fans of all ages!! Good location to get to and fast lines to get into the theatre. The concession stand was a bit pricy but this is Central London after all.... the staff were top-notch and would definitely recommend seeing the play whether you are/not a fan of the books or movies!

Reviewed March 30, 2018 via mobile

I am a huge fan of HP and read the script got Cursed Child before going to see the play - the play is definitely better seen rather than read

Positives
- special effects are amazing; possibly the best I’ve seen (dementors, polyjuice and transfiguration live on stage = incredible!)
- most of the acting is great - Scorpius Malfoy stole the show in my opinion (other really good actors: Hermione, Ron and Mertyl)
- play is funny and poignant

Negatives
- sometimes the acting is a bit hammy or am-dram
- Some strange dance sequences don’t really work
- Plot isn’t great - it doesn’t really fit with the characters, there are a few holes and loose ends
- unnecessarily long!

We watched it over two days - one would have been too intense even for this HP fan girl!
Recommend knowing the story prior to visiting - it’s not essential but some plots and nuances would be hard to follow without background

Theatre is beautiful and souvenir shop is cool

2  Thank sarah d