All reviews homemade granola on arrival very nice stay location is excellent dlr bnb
Reviewed November 22, 2016

My wife and I recently stayed at Number 37. We would highly recommend it based on its great location (just a couple of minutes' walk from Greenwich Park); the room itself (very comfortable with lots of personal touches); the delicious and bountiful breakfast; and - last but not least - Julia’s friendliness and helpfulness in advising us on where to eat and what to do. We will certainly stay there again the next time we are in the area!

Pete & Helen

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
jillydynamic, Owner at Number 37, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2016

Dear Pete and Helen,
It was great to have you visit and thanks a lot for your review. We're very glad you enjoyed yourselves and we hope that when you next come to London you stay with us; despite managing to cover a lot of ground in Greenwich, there is always something more to see here!
With very best wishes,

Reviewed November 16, 2016

Excellent location in a lovely quiet area of greenwich . The market is well worth a visit with lots of places of interest to visit too .Ideal for visiting the O2 arena with very good transport links . Julia & Steve make you feel most welcome so does Sweep . The breakfast is very plentiful and sets you up for the day . The homemade musli is delicious.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
jillydynamic, Owner at Number 37, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2016

Dear Sharon and Richard,
Lovely to see you both again and I do appreciate you posting your review. Also glad to hear that you both enjoyed Sweep's welcome! Come again soon.
With best wishes,

Reviewed October 31, 2016

OK, let's get the bad stuff out of the way first. We were double booked despite having paid a deposit and having e-mail confirmation so we never got to stay here. This was disappointing because we had chosen central Greenwich and this B&B with care as it had great reviews and meant that we could walk to everywhere we wanted to go, especially in the evening. To Julia's credit she was clearly mortified by her mistake and had already organized somewhere else for us to stay reasonably close by with a friend who had lodgers in the week. Julia was most apologetic and drove us around until we were settled. So to be honest she did everything she could once the problem with the booking had surfaced. Other owners might have just shrugged their shoulders and left us to sort ourselves out. As it turned out our alternative accommodation was great and only a 10 minute walk across the park. Our host, Leive, was lovely and cooked us a fantastic breakfast on the Sunday morning. The reason for the rating and our only complaint is that we were initially to be charged the same as we would have paid at No 37 and eventually had to accept only a slightly lower price which didn't really compensate for the inconvenience, our disappointment and the difference in facilities between what we had booked and what we had where we stayed (i.e. we all shared a bathroom). On the plus side, our friend's room where we stayed had a fantastic view over the park and out towards the city. Apparently this is the first time that anyone has been double booked at Number 37 so I guess we were just unlucky. Hopefully, if we visit Greenwich again and choose to stay at Number 37 we will have better luck and can provide the same glowing reviews as the other guests.

Room Tip: Double check your booking with the owner before you set off
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
jillydynamic, Owner at Number 37, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2016

Dear Mike,
Well you're right about the bad stuff; I don't think there is anything worse than double-booking guests! You can imagine how horrified I was when I realised my mistake, but I'm sure it was equally frustrating for you to be told that you couldn't stay with us after all. I'm so glad that I was able to find you alternative accommodation ten minutes away from us and it's great that you had such a good time with Lieve, she has a fantastic house and her breakfasts are gorgeous, aren't they?
With heartfelt apologies for such a monumental cock-up.
Julia

Reviewed October 30, 2016 via mobile

What a lovely house & hostess! I wish I'd found Number 37 on my previous trips to Greenwich. Perfect hosting from Julia with tea, cake and biscuits at all the right moments and a splendid breakfast with just the right amount of interesting conversation. Comfortable room with everything you could need and quiet location. All a far nicer experience than the anonymous big hotel around the corner and for a much more reasonable price. Many thanks Julia - I hope to stay again for future London trips.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo

Dear Kate,
Oh that's great, we love hearing that you had such a good time. Thanks so much for bothering to leave a review. Good luck with all the teaching and playing and I do very much hope we see you again.
With best wishes,

Reviewed October 27, 2016

Excellent location; a quiet retreat well placed to access all transport links, Greenwich Park, local markets, places of interest and local pubs with character. Food was fresh, homecooked and tasty; the bed was comfy and the shower was good with plenty of hot water. A perfect way to visit London as a local, rather than a tourist. Anna and Steve are lovely people and dog lovers will not fail to be won over by intrepid schnauzer 'Sweep'.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo

Dear Laura,
Thank you very much for your lovely feedback. It's great that you were able to take advantage of all the marvellous things Greenwich has to offer and you really bewitched Sweep - I've never known him so biddable! Come again any time.
With very best wishes,