“It deserves the high rating”

Hotel Indigo London-Paddington
Ranked #188 of 1,073 Hotels in London
Reviewed 6 February 2012

Whilst the rooms are small, for short stays they are perfect. Great beds, bathroom, decor and quiet. From heathrow to bed in 30 minutes and then 5 minute walk to Oxford Street and Hyde Park. Excellent

• Stayed: February 2012
DSkelton, General Manager at Hotel Indigo London-Paddington, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write your review and great to see our location worked out so well for you. We look forward to your return.
King Regards

There are newer reviews for Hotel Indigo London-Paddington

Reviewed 6 February 2012

What a fab little hotel just a stones throw from the Station Entrance.

Uber clear hotel and rooms with funky decor. Rooms were well stocked with soaps, towels & complimentary soft drinks fridge. I would add my room was quite compact so perfect for a one or two night stay - I would perhaps see if they have bigger rooms if you are staying longer.

Staff were extremely helpful and friendly at all times.

Free Wi-Fi that has probabyl been the fastest hotel wifi I have ever used.

Would DEFINATELY use again!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank jennyd1975

Thank you for choosing Hotel Indigo and taking the time to write your great comments. I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed your time in London and your stay with us. I will ensure your comments our passed on to all the staff. In the meantime, we look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to London

Reviewed 30 January 2012

I have stayed in so many London hotels and this is the first in years that I would gladly return to. A 3 minute walk straight out the front door of Paddington and across the busy street on to a small street with restaurants in a mostly residential area above Hyde Park. Very small check in with a pretty good restaurant attached (breakfast and dinner were fine). Friendly service. Room was generous, homey, modern bath and small wonderful touches like a cold drink fridge(complimentary) as well as a tea tray, great magazines and a few books, bright coloured throw pillows and blanket, robes and a dovet-covered super comfy big bed. Very easy to walk or take tube anywhere from here. It was also a most reasonable cost for London. I'll be back!!

Room Tip: We had a room overlooking the street. It was quiet but the view was appreciated
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple

Wow, thank you for such lovely comments on your visit to Hotel Indigo. I am so glad you enjoyed the hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 29 January 2012

We arrived at the Indigo with a rental car (mistake) from Brighton and had to quickly check in so that we could off load the car nearby at the rental depot. Time was critical as we had a deadline for the drop off and as we had my 84 year old mother with us, we were concerned that she would be OK. I was frustrated by the drive etc and was probably a little short tempered at check in.

We were greeted by Margaret at check in and she dealt with everything in a professional and friendly way even though she knew something was up. When we left for an hour to take the car back, my mother was looked after by Margaret and her colleagues, escorted to her room and shown all the features of the heating, TV etc. When we arrived back, my mother had already made a cup of tea in her room and sorted out her bag etc. I really appresciated this care and attention.

Our rooms were of a very high standard. They were on the compact side but very tatsefully furnished and a great bathroom with rainshower and good ventilation. The room had opening windows, a great TV, a huge King Size bed and excellent toileteries. We were extremely comfortable.

Breakfast was included in our rate and consisted of a good buffet with continental style fare. Hot selections and coffee made to order. The restaurant staff were very good and had a friendly and casual but professional manner. We had drinks in the bar with local friends on one occasion which was great too.

For us, the location was great - Paddington suits us with good tube access and plenty of Pubs and other eating choices nearby. It is central enough and has all of the tourist services needed in London nearby. It is my preferred London location.

There was not one occasion when we arrived or exited the hotel that we were not greeted by the desk staff and if we felt like it, they would happily chat for a while - although they were never pushy - they followed the lead of the guests. We really enjoyed this, the hotel has a personal touch and we felt that the staff were interested in us and what we were doing. This was especially so after we checked my mother out to return home (she left earlier that us) - the aforementioned Margaret asked after her and told us a little about her own circumstances and her Grandmother being of a similar age. Things like these set hotels apart.

This is not a huge hotel and staff are able to personalise the service and we felt that this made our stay very special.

The quality of everything is first class and I would like to thank the entire team for providing us with a very pleasant stay. I would definately recommend the Indigo as a great base to stay in London and hope to return.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for choosing Hotel Indigo and taking the time to write your lovely comments. I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed your time in London and your stay with us. I will ensure your comments our passed on to all the staff especially Margaret. In the meantime, we look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to London.

Reviewed 24 January 2012

The staff was very friendly, and the hotel was very convenient to Heathrow Express. I got a quiet room at the end of the hallway. Still I could hear the people next door go in and out and make love at 4:00 am. I'm used to American size rooms, and there was barely enough space for my small suitcase. Nevertheless, the room was clean and well stocked with toiletries. I enjoyed the rainshower heads. The free wifi worked beautifully, and the free sodas were great after a long flight or walking around all day.

Tip: Take Bus 7 ,23, or 159 (Praed St. in front of McDonalds) towards Marble Arch and Oxford Street. You'll go down Edgeware Road which has a row of Middle Eastern restaurants. As for supermarkets, there are two inside Paddington Station.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo

Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to write your review. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 23 January 2012

I have mixed feelings about this place. The good was VERY good, but the bad was pretty bad.
pros- close proximity to paddington, free soda in the mini bar, turn down service, heated towel rack, robes, nice view, free wifi, and awesome shower

cons-staff that didn't speak English well, and had no idea what they were talking about. When I asked how to get to Hampton Court palace, he gave me wrong directions until I finally got on my phone and googled it myself. After several attempts at getting information about London we just quit trying and used google. Tiny rooms. I am accustomed to tiny rooms having stayed in London and Paris on more than one occasion but this room took it to the next level. How on earth are two grown people supposed to sleep on a double bed? I am little and my husband is averaged size, and we were not comfortable. The room was burning hot! In DECEMBER! The windows didn't open more than an inch so we were sweating the entire night.

So while I was very happy with quite a few things that the hotel had to offer, there were also a few things that left me with a sour taste in my mouth.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HeavenAF

Dear Guest
Thank you for your feedback , please accept my apologises, I am sorry to hear that you found your room to be on the small side. Unfortunately being a Victorian building it is difficult have all standard sized rooms. You may wish to book one of our Executive King bedded rooms which you may find to be a lot bigger. Our windows are restricted due to health and safety laws, however the temperature in the room can be controlled by the air conditioning in the room which can be switched from heat to cool and visa versa. With regards to the information on London, I am very is disappointed that the correct information wasn't given as our front desk staff are very knowledgable and this is usually one of the first comments from our guest on how helpful our staff are. My apologises again.

Reviewed 17 January 2012

I stay at this hotel weekly and have done so for 2 years. It's clean, well appointed, lovely staff and not overly expensive.

The wifi is free and the gym is well equipped.

Go for room 503 if you can it's the largest, room 410 is suitable only for singles.

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank jstraw
DSkelton, General Manager at Hotel Indigo London-Paddington, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2012

Thank you for your review, great to hear from one of our regular guests.