“Indigo >on-the--go!”

Ranked #168 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Vancouver, Canada
“Indigo >on-the--go!”
Reviewed 28 March 2012

Having fallen for the loyalty program: priority club, I have been using the groups hotels extensively. And did stay at this' Indigo when they opened but under the management of the london hotels group. At that stage the hotel was still in the shake down phase and a few things were a bit dodgy. Now however I love it!
Well situated (3 min from tube station) Lively area with a lovely park/garden right across the road for a relaxing time out. The rooms are a bit small but well appointed . Beds comfortable, restaurant facilities adequate and food well prepared and presented. Staff friendly and even though there was training staff on duty- they were helpful and professional.
Had a room facing street front and no street noises could be heard- a definite plus for a good nights rest. Only negative was that I had noisy neighbors and I could clearly hear them thru the wall. They did shut-up though @ 11:30pm when I banged on the wall!!
Will be using this one again.

Room Tip: third floor, facing courtyard
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
DSkelton, General Manager at Hotel Indigo London-Paddington, responded to this review, 3 April 2012
So good to hear from one of our loyal priority club members!! It is wonderful to hear that you loved your stay on your return stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Denise Skelton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (331)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Johannesburg
Reviewed 20 March 2012

Most London hotels are overpriced, run down and with very poor service by international standards. Hotel Indigo is a great contrast - very convenient for Heathrow Express and Central London, it is small, the staff were very friendly, the decor trendy and fresh. Although the road is busy outside the hotel is well sound proofed, Definitely going to use this place for every trip to London.

Room Tip: Higher floors will be further from the street
1 Thank Banking0nlife
Thank you taking the time to write your review, as you mentioned the hotel is perfect for transport links for both Heathrow Airport and Central London. A perfect base when staying in London. I will ensure that your comments are passed onto the staff. We are so glad that you staying with us on your return visits to London. We look forward to seeing you soon.
Los Angeles
Reviewed 19 March 2012

I have stayed here more than once when I am in London on business and I will probably stay again because it is very convenient to Paddington (and Heathrow Express) and the rooms although extremely small are suitable for my needs. The bathrooms are small but well appointed and I love the rain shower and modern sink. Like all European hotels I am always puzzled as to why plugs for the hair dryer are never to be found in the bathroom, requiring me to blow dry my hair standing in front of the door in order to have access to the mirror. The hotel has nice touches - turn down service with chocolates, and the staff is friendly even if they don't always understand my questions entirely. I am not sure that all of them speak English but they try! The restaurant is decent but a bit limited and sometimes the staff there gets overwhelmed when they are busy. For a business traveller this is a very good choice if you are watching expenses and have neither the time nor interest for a super luxurious hotel. If you do have that interest this isn't the hotel for you. I am really fussy about hotels when on vacation but on business I require a flat screen TV, a decent restaurant and room service, access to a fitness center and a location where, as a woman traveling alone in a strange/foreign city, I feel safe. The access to Paddington station and the various tube lines is a bit plus. Overall recommended.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the street if you want quiet.
2 Thank frtsam2la
DSkelton, Manager at Hotel Indigo London-Paddington, responded to this review, 3 April 2012
Dear Guest,
It is great to hear from our return guests, I am so glad that your feel that the hotel had all you needed for an independent female traveller and that you appreciated the turn down service we offer to all our guests. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Oslo
Reviewed 18 March 2012

We stayed at Indigo for 4 nights. The room was rather small but in a very good condition. Everything was newly renovated and functional. The area is extremely convinient especially for those coming from Heathrow. The staff was very polite and service minded.
The second morning it was so quiet that we were awaken by the sound of birds singing at the small park opposite to the hotel. This hotel is a very good option for those who want a nice place to stay when 'exploring' London.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your lovely review, I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 16 March 2012

A real gem in the area of Paddington, ok a bit expensive compairing to other hotels around there but I m sure after having checked the neighbourhood, this is a very good deal but only when you pre-pay in advance the whole stay since then is that you get the best rate for a gorgeously perfect room. I was traveling alone in London and the hotel and personnel made me feel safe and comfortable.

Room Tip: I asked for a room with a window or door that could widely open in order to have plenty of fresh air...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank marotathens
Linforth, General Manager at Hotel Indigo London-Paddington, responded to this review, 28 October 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Looking forward to welcome you back at Hotel Indigo Paddington in the near future.

Kind regards,
Larbert, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 March 2012

I've stayed here about four times, sometimes for business or with my partner.

I can only really afford to stay here on a weekend, where the prices are usually cheaper or with points.

As a platinum member I have sometimes been upgraded or given free movie access.

The decor is excellent, lovely shower and helpful staff.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Hopstepper
Linforth, General Manager at Hotel Indigo London-Paddington, responded to this review, 15 March 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your recent review and I am so pleased you continue to find the hotel excellent and our staff always helpful.
We look forward to welcoming you back for your fifth visit hopefully soon.
Kind regards
Denise Skelton- General manager
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 6 March 2012

The Hotel was nice, and we thought the rate was very good for central London. Our room was small (which you expect for a London hotel), but all the fittings and fixtures were new and well thought-out. We found the queen-sized bed to be more than adequate for the two of us, plus there was a small desk, though not a great deal of other room.

The drawbacks were, potentially, transient, but worth mentioning. First, and most inconveniently, the lift (elevator) was not operating while we were there (two days). This meant a three-floor trudge up to our room each time we came in. Fortunately, the hotel staff was very solicitous, and laboriously carried our (heavy) luggage up and down for us, but this was really not ideal.

The other problem was outside their control, but the Paddington station is currently under construction, and on one of my visits I had to walk all the way to the far end of the station (with my luggage) to get the Tube to St. Pancras. This was a long, hot, and unpleasant trudge, and really eliminated the anticipated location advantage of the hotel.

All that said, we found the hotel staff polite and the price was right, and we may try the hotel again on our next trip to London.

Room Tip: If the lifts are operating, you'll want an upper floor.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank gnetwerker
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your recent review on Hotel Indigo Paddington and that you enjoyed your visit. Please accept our apologies regarding the lift being temporally out of service due to an unexpected maintenance issue. I was pleased to read our staff were fully helpful thought out the period assisting where ever possible.
We do look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future on your next London trip.
Kind regards