New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of No. Ten Manchester Street

No. Ten Manchester Street
Ranked #219 of 1,077 Hotels in London
FOLKESTONE
“Nice Hotel but watch the Bill”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

We stayed here last year, unfortunately our first choice the Marylebone Hotel was fully booked. The hotel was very good the room we had was very nice and clean. We tried the restaurant where the food was reasonable. The only problem we had was when we went to check out and found that that we had been given a drinks voucher the night before and found that we had been charged for the drinks. When we queried this we was told that we had ordered a dearer drink than what was on the voucher. After complaining to there credit they cancelled this charge. Also they charged for staff service for the rooms which is something i have come across before. In summary this is a nice hotel but they did leave a bitter taste upon check out.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank CAPTAINBUDHELL

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2012

I recently booked a one-night stay in the Junior Suite as a present for my boyfriend. We had a fantastic experience; the location is good, just a few minutes walk from Bond Street / Baker Street stations. The staff were very welcoming and polite and the room was in beautiful condition with every detail considered and executed well. The bed was like a cloud and I was impressed at how quiet the room was as the windows overlooked the street. I particularly appreciated the sparkling cleanliness of the bathroom and the power of the shower was excellent - for me this is a must! I definitely recommend this hotel, great service and superb value for money!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2012

The staff starting from the general manager is kind and helpful will return torrow as a matter of fact this is my third stay and i am very satisfied

• Stayed May 2011
UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2012

Okay i realise i should wait until i have actually slept in the hotel before leaving a review but i really think my experience deserves a mention!
My eldest daughter and I travelled to london last week to check out some accomodation options that are close to Chiltern Street where my younger daughter is attending a course during the Easter holidays. This hotel was head and shoulders above the local competition. We recieved such a friendly welcome and the staff were very happy to show us the room types available. The reception area is very stylish and the entire hotel is immaculate. The rooms were in pristine condition, no shoddy worn furniture or carpets. The beds (yes we tried the beds!! i have a very fussy husband with a bad back!) were extremely comfortable, the rooms are not huge but after viewing some shockers in nearby hotels i definately prefer quality over quantity. I am now really looking forward to our six night stay this April. Whenever i travel to london with my husband and we are staying for just one night we always favor the big well known five star london hotels but 6 nights with two rooms meant i needed to compromise and this is such a great find. I honestly think i would struggle to find anything close to this quality for the price. The hotel offers a great deal for families who require connecting rooms.
Thanks to the charming gentleman that escorted us on our tour of the hotel we also got to see the smart restaurant and cocktail bar and also a lovely outside area with gorgeous red glass lighting that looked like something you would find in a five star hotel in Dubai (sadly its the area where guests are allowed to smoke cigars in but if you do smoke then i guess its nice to have such a lovely place to hangout) Anyway as i said earlier i am really looking forward to our stay, i will certainly leave another review when we leave and hopefuly i will be able to award the hotel the extra star!!!

Room Tip: Connecting rooms are great for families
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank UkDeebee
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2012

We went for a lunch in the lounge bar at No Ten Manchester Street. It was lovely. The service was very attentive. The food was very nicely presented and so tasty. Best BLT I've had in a long time. My friends had Fish & Chips, the presentation of which was very artistic and I was told also very yummy.
Slight down side would be the pricing of the menu, but other than that I cannot fault it at all.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank dg696
York, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2012

This is one of the best hotels I have stayed at in London - the service was slick, the room was much better than expected, I had one of the best nights sleep thanks to the most comfortable of beds with pillows and a duvet which cocooned me :) It is a really great hotel and I will definitely be staying again.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2012

I stayed for two nights in mid January. I found the staff very helpful and friendly. The room was immaculate with good decor. The shower facility was very good. The hotel is based in a nice area with restaurants and cafes all around. Overall I had a pleasant stay and would come here again on another visit.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business