“Great food”
Review of Jinjuu Mayfair - CLOSED

Jinjuu Mayfair
Neighbourhood: Mayfair
Description: Jinjuu Mayfair was a pop-up restaurant located in the heart of Mayfair. The restaurant is permanently closed, please come and visit our main restaurant in Soho!
Reviewed April 5, 2018 via mobile

Went with two children and whilst a bit on the pricey side - all enjoyed it. Food was great and the lady serving us was fantastic and very helpful.

For Easter, they had a special desert which was one of the best we have ever had.

1  Thank Vasant M

Reviewed April 3, 2018

The food is very tasty and very well cooked; although I did feel the flavours were somewhat westernised.

The service was excellent and cannot fault.

1  Thank Penfold-on-BakerSt
JinjuuLondon, Public Relations Manager at Jinjuu Mayfair, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2018

Hi Penfold-on-BakerSt,

Thank you for your review, it is much appreciated!

Reviewed March 29, 2018 via mobile

I only write a review if the place is good or if the place is terrible...in this case the latter fits the bill.
First the good bit, place is really cool with a great dj giving the place a lively vibe. The service is friendly. Unfortunately the food completely lacked any flavour. Most of the starters are just deep fried assortments lacking any distinction and the mains are unnecessarily over priced and completely lacking any flavour...so wished we had got take out instead. From all the food we ate maybe only the tofu sliders had some redeeming quality. We were so disappointed, we didn't dare order any desert.

Dear Aditya K,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for Jinjuu Mayfair.
I am sorry to learn you didn't enjoy our food menu.

I am very happy to learn that you liked our DJ and our service.

We appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed March 28, 2018 via mobile

I visited Jinjuu for dinner and catch up with my friend and was really looking forward to it as the menu looked great and so did the cocktails. My friend was running late when I arrived and to my surprise the waitress told me that my friend might not turn up because she had not picked up the call at 11am when they called to confirm the booking - I mean people have meetings throughout the day, you can’t assume just because someone did not answer or call back that it gives them the right to say to whoever they are meeting that they may not turn up. I could have very easily been a client. She was so adamant I had to check with my friend to make sure she was still on her way... anyway the night just went downhill from here. It took them about half an hour to take our orders even though the restaurant was empty... too busy making their own drinks. The waiter who served us at first was pleasant enough no real problems with him but soon he swapped with a his colleague who was awful... we ordered starters and a bottle of wine and hadn’t decided on mains or more starters so the first waiter left the menus. When our starters arrived he moved the menus to the vacant table next to us.... I would also like to add that this was at 5.30pm so the restaurant was empty one other couple had just arrived. Our new waitress came over and took the menus we explained we were going to order more food. She very rudely took the menus off the next table and threw them to the chair where I was sitting. We were a bit taken aback by this. Then she preceded to come back while we were still eating our starters to ask if we wanted to order anything else. Which was fair enough but her tone was in no way friendly and she seemed irritated that we had not decided what we were having next. At that point we decided to continue our night elsewhere where our custom would be met with a friendlier service. The next time she irritably came over we told her that we were not gonna order anything else and explained the reason why. I always think it’s best to tell people having been a restaurant reviewer in the past. So I explained why we were not staying. She refused to acknowledge the fact that she had been unpleasant and proceeded to say that she was sorry I felt that way but she thought she had been fine which was very patronising! Anyway we headed off to Novikov round the corner and what a stark difference we were greeted with a warm welcome the waiter and host even stopped to chat with us made a few jokes recommended items on the menu. We had a great time and the food and cocktails were delicious too!

Word of advice give Jinjuu a miss there are too many great restaurants in London to put up with awful service!

Dear Summer83London,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am sorry that the experience failed to Wow you as much as it should have. We take the feedback of our guests seriously and we value each point made to ensure that we maintain the level of extraordinary service that is expected from Jinjuu. Please contact marketing@jinjuu.com in order to discuss further.

Sorry again for your experience and we do hope you will give us the chance to welcome you back.

Bets wishes,

Reviewed March 15, 2018

I am extremely surprised to read the negative reviews here as we had an excellent visit to Jinjuu Mayfair and it almost seems like I must be reviewing a different restaurant!
I have been to Jinjuu Soho and had a lovely meal there too and decided to try out the Mayfair branch. We went on Mothering Sunday and had their Mother's day offer of a 2 course lunch with a bottle of prosecco per 2 people and with a gift bag for mum from Body Shop (which was lovely and worth £25 and not just full of cheap end of season remnants) - all for £30pp.
Service was very good and the food was delicious and well cooked even though they were packed. The offer was excellent value for the food and drink alone - we had the full complement of starters (6 different ones) and then a choice of main and we were absolutely full to the gills. They handled food intolerance extremely well and were very thorough and without fuss. We were not rushed off the table when we finished eating and we left when we were ready. All in all it was an excellent experience.

1  Thank dragonphoe18
JinjuuLondon, Public Relations Manager at Jinjuu Mayfair, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2018

Dear Dragonphoe18,

Thank you for taking your time to write this incredible review!

First of all, Thank you for visiting both Jinjuu's in London. I am glad you and your Mother popped in on Sunday for Mother's Day.
We are very happy that you liked the service and the food. It really puts a smile on our face when our guests leave the restaurant happy & satisfied.

We do hope to see you soon again.
Please send our regards to your Mum.