“Great food and great service ”
Review of Hawksmoor Borough

Hawksmoor Borough
Ranked #843 of 25,563 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$25 - US$108
Neighbourhood: Southwark
Description: The history of this corner of Borough is one of bishops, brothels, beer and beefsteaks. Hawksmoor Borough sits within the grounds of a once great palace - complete with pleasure gardens, tennis court, bowling alley, brewery and butchery - owned by the Bishop of Winchester, Henry of Blois. Christmas Opening Times Please note we are closed from 24th December – 26th December. We reopen on Thursday 27th December at 5pm.
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

My boyfriend and I have visited on multiple occasions and I have always left feeling happy about the experience. The steak choices are great and the service always friendly and accommodating. Thanks for such a nice evening! We will be back soon

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed April 4, 2018

Every thing is great about Hawksmore. The food is always really good and the staff are always excellent. My only gripe is the price of the sides. I don't mind paying for these but the portion size is very small and this makes them ver difficult to share. It seems over the top to pay £35+ for a steak and then need to spend another £15 on side dishes.

Reviewed April 1, 2018 via mobile

I’d never been to a hawksmoor before but recently went to the one in Borough for a client lunch.

We went straight to mains which I know always throws the timing of service off but the food took longer to come than it should’ve done on a quiet monday. That said my monkfish was beautifullly fresh and well cooked, the chips were delicious, and the wine recommendation to go with it ideal.

I’m keen to go back to explore the menu in more depth.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed March 22, 2018 via mobile

First of all, this restaurant allows you to bring your own wine and only charges £5 corkage. This is exceptional and much appreciated. I hate restaurants that charge a small fortune for corkage that defeats the object of byob. When you go in it gives the impression of not being fine dining. Everyone is casual, the servers could have come straight from a university bar and there’s a buzz coming from every table as diners are engrossed in their conversations. Don’t let this fool you. The food is fantastic. I had the sole meunière and it was perfection. They also allowed me a guilty pleasure of having a Yorkshire pud with it! Yes you read right I had Yorkshire pudding with fish. The wine list is exceptional, if you haven’t brought your own, and the manager is very knowledgeable. Service was good and I had to drag myself away to catch my train otherwise I would have been there when they closed for the night.

1  Thank Rakesh S
Reviewed March 21, 2018 via mobile

Staff here are friendly and managed to seat us earlier than we had booked as it was freezing (and snowing) outside. My husband enjoyed his steak with anchovy sauce and I - as a pescatarian, had a few choices. Oysters were very good and the sea bass was great. The food was fresh as you would expect in the middle of Borough Market.
We would definitely recommend it.