“First visit after a good few years.”

Nakhon Thai - Royal Docks
Reserve with OpenTable
Nakhon Thai - Royal Docks is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,563 of 23,571 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$20 - US$24
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Nakhon Thai was established in 2003. Its unique style of cooking has taken it to becoming a food lovers venue. The taste of authentic Thai food comes mainly from the wide range of flavour ingredients.Fine Thai cooking starts with carefully selecting and using the right fresh ingredients which requires a good understanding of the primary ingredients as spices,herbs and fresh vegetables.The multiplicity of blended flavours in Thai cooking makes it possible to create numerous dishes with variety of tastes. Nakhon Thai aims to provide an exceptional experience along with great customer service with outstanding views whilst dining inside or out.
Reviewed 20 July 2017

I came to Nakhon after after an absence of about 8/9 years, used to be a regular but I moved away from the area.
I wasn't aware but there has been a change of management hence the menu is halal.
The previous owners were Thai I believe the new owners are Bengali.
Anyway the chaps who met us were polite and got us a table despite it being busy and us not having a booking.
The menu still has most of the old favourites although you won't get pork (obviously).
I went for the super hot chicken jungle curry,many believe me it is hot, packed with veg.
Other half had the duck which was tasty. I recommend the coconut rice to go with hot curry.
Had the recommended rose wine, went nicely with the food.
It was very busy whereas when I used to come when I lived here it was always steady.
Make a booking first, especially if you are in a big party.
Overall it's changed but still good to see an old favourite going.

1  Thank Chiefbossa127
nakhonthai1, Owner at Nakhon Thai - Royal Docks, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2017

Hi thanks for the feedback. Glad to hear that your experience was a positive one and the food and staff impressed. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

Very normal decoration, great staff that knows what they are doing, with sense of hospitality and professionalism.

However, food is between average and below.

Something was missing in the taste from the appetisers until the end of the main dish.

Restaurant is facing the water, with an amazing scenery.

nakhonthai1, Manager at Nakhon Thai - Royal Docks, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2017

Thank you for the feedback, i apologise that the meal was not up to your satisfaction. However we always expect to deliver the highest quality of meals to all our customers and use fresh products at all times, we will reflect and look in to what actually happened and hope to make it right on your next visit.

Reviewed 6 July 2017 via mobile

Warm welcome, beautifully decorated and well presented candle-lit tables, nice ambiance with Thai music. The food was excellent and some dishes can be shared. Very kind waiters, and perfect view on the docklands pier and the emirates airline.

Thank you for your five star feedback,very glad that you enjoyed the ambience along with the meals. We look forward to looking after you again soon.

Reviewed 29 June 2017

Nice location, and the decor and setting was also promising. However, the food wasn't.

The mixed starter was a very unremarkable selection of satay sticks and brown items that had been deep fried in oil that was well past it's 12,000 mile change. The steak satay had to be returned as it was tough as old boots, and the replacement wasn't much better.

The mains were, at best, average. My lamb Massaman was tough, with just a few lumps of potato and a bit of onion in a sauce that must have come out of a packet.

We avoided dessert, and waited for an age for the bill, which never came - we had to find the waiter ourselves.

Very disappointing.

Reviewed 24 June 2017

<br>
Been a while since I last ate here. Popped in for lunch. It was warm so we opted to sit outside. Unfortunately they no longer have lunch menu. Went for pad Thai. Menu is now halal so no pork pad Thai so I had king prawn. There was only one other couple in restaurant so our food came quickly. Huge prawns, great flavour. My husband ordered a curry which he enjoyed but he tasted my pad Thai and regretted not ordering one. My husband's chair broke during our meal. He was startled but thankfully not hurt. Must have been an old chair. We waited a good while after we had finished eating and no one came with bill so we just walked inside and paid on our way out. They have a free car park but you have to call on arrival for them to give you access. Nice views of the river and good for a wonder around afterwards.