“God location and Value”

Ranked #381 of 556 London B&B and Inns
Hammerfest, Norway
“God location and Value”
Reviewed 10 April 2012

God location and Value. Skall rooms, but in a very quiet street. Lost og restaurants and puls close by.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family

1 Thank RaymondR712

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
Bellevue, Washington
Reviewed 8 April 2012

I don't know what to say, this was one of the worst hotel experiences I've had. The room never got warm enough to stop feeling cold (this was Feb so maybe that's why), the water stopped running after 10pm (this meant no evening shower or flushing the toilet) and the room was small even by London standards. The front desk staff did nothing to change my view, I was happy to check out after one night and forfeit a fee to cancel my coming reservation.

It should be noted that there is wifi but the signal isn't strong enough to get you past the first set of stairs after the lobby and will not reach your room.

Room Tip: Just don't do it.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank bryagha
John G, Manager at Elmwood Hotel, responded to this review, 28 May 2013
Dear our guest,
Thank you for your feedback on TripAdvisor website towards your last stay at the Elmwood hotel,
first of all please accept my apologies for the experience and the inconvenience caused during your stay, I just wanted to let you know, Yes, it was a management fault, as the boiler had some errors and we were extremely working hard and doing everything possible to sort this issue with the boiler to prevent complaints, this issue didn't last more that 24 hours and it has been resolved, I would like to inform you this is not the level you expect of service< I do agree, but please do not judge the hotel from only one short visit didn't last for 24 hours, please accept my apologies one more time, and next time you will stay with us I will make sure the your stay more comfortable
please do not hesitate to contact me should you require any assist.
John Girgis

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

Johannesburg
Reviewed 28 March 2012

Stuff: Very friendly stuff with excellent service. When out of the way to find me plug converter for my cell phone charger. Received extra blanket and towel.
Hotel: Very neat and cosy place.
Food: Breakfast cold meat with boiled eggs and other extras, you can eat as much you want.
Location: One minute away from King Cross International. Close too many shops and museums.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo

1 Thank Barbara G
John G, Manager at Elmwood Hotel, responded to this review, 26 March 2013
Dear Mrs Barbra,
Thank you for you feedback on tripsdvisor website,
Regarding your last year stay at the Elmwood hotel in London,
It has been one year since your last visit, but I feel that I should
Write a response to your nice feedback to thank you,
It was a pleasure meeting you, and we wish to welcoming you again in London.
John
Sunshine Coast
Reviewed 17 March 2012

We stayed 5 days at the Elmwood Hotel and found it to be a good place to stay. The rooms are clean but small with good internet reception. The breakfast was simple but good although the same each morning. The proximity to the tube and local restaurants was great. Being at Kings Cross was extremely easy to get to and from Heathrow on the Piccadilly line. We had 3 people in the room and it was close but OK. Good secure hotel to stay.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family

2 Thank Gregory C
John G, Manager at Elmwood Hotel, responded to this review, 7 March 2013
Dear Guest,
Greetings from the Elmwood hotel in London,

I would like to extend my sincere appreciation for your positive comments posted in the survey towards the Elmwood hotel location,staff ,WIFI & service Etc......

we appreciate you taking the time to complete a survey regarding your recent stay with us.

I am so glad from your nice simple words, I love the way you mentioned about our small family run business, I would really love to welcoming you personally next time and thank you from my heart for your very positive feed back.

John Girgis.
Portsmouth
Reviewed 16 March 2012

I stayed one night (thankfully only one night!) at the Elmwood Hotel. My twin room had 5 beds in it and it was only the next morning I discovered that my colleagues who had booked a twin room had to share a very small double bed in a very small room.

I was in Room 37 - great for parties as very spacious, but the room is under the reception desk and the constant pacing/foot tapping (which sounded like tap dancing!) was NOT conducive to decent sleep.

The quality of beds was poor and there were hairs in the bed. The bathroom was quite unpleasant and I was very quick in the shower.

The kettle didn't work but a hairdryer was provided on request.

Breakfast was OK...possibly slightly better than I expected, given the quality of the room, however, I did have very low expectations!

Would I go back - NO! Would I recommend the hotel - NO!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business

John G, Manager at Elmwood Hotel, responded to this review, 4 April 2013
Dear our guest,
Let me thank you first of all for your feedback on Tripadvisor website,
I have passed your comment straightaway to the authorised department to resolve this issue
With the sound proof, I can confirm that this issue has been resolved now by putting a small rug
At the reception to prevent or manimize the noise from the walking clients at the reception,
Excuse me but our receptionist doesn't dance during the duty as you addressed on your feed back address bar, I am so glad that you liked the quality of the breakfast, please accept my apologies
For the inconvenience caused during your previous stay,
John Girgis