“See London, upclose and personal!”

Cycle Tours of London
Ranked #31 of 207 Outdoor Activities in London
More attraction details
Owner description: Cycle Tours of London offer guided sightseeing tours by bicycle every day of the year. We are a family run business and take pride in showing London at its best, including famous landmarks and hard to find wonders. Our tours avoid all busy, polluted roads taking advantage of our guides' knowledge of river paths, cycle lanes, alleys and park routes. If you don't have a great time on our tours there will be no charge!!!
Reviewed 8 April 2012

Knowing we would not be able to do justice to London's major tourist attractions in our short 2.5 days there, we searched for a more insider's look. We hit a home run with Mathew Tregaran's company, Cycle Tours of London. Led by the owner himself on a sunny spring day, our smallish-size group (7) got a history lesson full of British humor, and a chance to burn some calories all over East London. The age range in our group was from early-20's to mid-60's, and the bikes provided were sized perfectly. Helmets are provided and safety procedures are in place. This was one of the best travel experiences we have ever had-do it!

1  Thank GMom67

Reviewed 29 March 2012

I highly recommend the East End bike tour! After having explored the typical touristy London sites (Buckingham Palace, etc), I really wanted to see what else the city had to offer. My guide - Mathew - was fantastic. He tailored the tour to my interests (the world wars) and had lots of information and stories to share. His passion for London and it's history and culture is evident. He is a very enthusiastic, knowledgeable, and friendly guide. He was even kind enough to act as my photographer throughout the tour (including taking my picture as we biked across London Bridge!!). I had a fantastic time on this tour and would recommend it to anyone who wants to wander off the beaten path.

1  Thank CAB0210
Reviewed 27 March 2012

I would recommend scheduling this tour at the beginning of your trip. Our tour (east end tour) was awesome and it gave us the opportunity to ride bikes safely around the city and gain our wherabouts. The streets can be intimidating without a guide who knows the best routes. With our confidence up, we attempted to use the city bikes (cycle hire) but the machines wouldn't take our American credit card. Perhaps because it had no chip. We wished we had another day that we could have gone on one of mathew's tours again. It was really nice to be taken around without feeling like you are on a tour bus, sticking out like a sore thumb. And he really tailored it to the biking ability of the people in our group. I highly recommend this small tour company. Be sure to bring enough cash... You are going to want to leave a big tip!

1  Thank Amy K
Reviewed 26 March 2012

2nd trip to London - Have done "cycle tours" before in smaller cities - We thought ANY cycle tour in London "insane" given the traffic, however (thankfully) having been advised by friends of this "safe tour" I can report: IT WAS!! It was an absolutely & totally amazing experience. I have now cycled over Tower Bridge!! I have now seen some absolutely beautiful corners of London (the markets and the Barbican will blow your mind!!). We covered a great amount of ground (road & path) somehow avoiding the overly busy / polluted roads in the process. Granted we had a beautiful day to be cycling, but to Matthew's (tour guide/owner) credit he gave us fantastic use of the day- his passion for the real London is exposed for all to see. The tour emphasis is in the beauty of the city. His knowledge of the river paths, bicycle lanes, alleys and park routes maximise on safe transit between Londons A to Z. The bikes were a comfy / relaxed ride too and I will happily recommend to All levels of cyclist. If like me you want to feel apart if in a short time and you like the relaxed approach / yet covering massive area, then unquestionably this is time in London put to BEST use. P.s. we got burnt (its March?!) - bring suncream!

1  Thank Aidydrum
Reviewed 25 March 2012

I have just got back from this cycle tour, there was seven of us that went and we all throughly enjoyed it. Matthew was very friendly, and funny, and obviously knows his stuff. The bikes were extremely comfortable, ( so much so that i want to replace my bike with one) i would highly recommend this to anyone, even if like me you were never interested in history, i defy you to not enjoy this history lesson. My only complaint of the day was when it ended. Cant wait to do it again :))

anna, leicester