“will do it again”

Cycle Tours of London
Ranked #30 of 207 Outdoor Activities in London
More attraction details
Owner description: Cycle Tours of London offer guided sightseeing tours by bicycle every day of the year. We are a family run business and take pride in showing London at its best, including famous landmarks and hard to find wonders. Our tours avoid all busy, polluted roads taking advantage of our guides' knowledge of river paths, cycle lanes, alleys and park routes. If you don't have a great time on our tours there will be no charge!!!
Reviewed 25 May 2012

We did the East end tour. Meeting point was central and easy to find. Lots of choices with bikes, all seem comfortable and well maintained. Staff very courteous and friendly. East end tour was very informative, so many interesting places to see, some really poignant, some really beautiful, some both. Matthew the guide was very friendly and knowledgeable. The pace of tour was easy to keep up with, itinerary very safe, and the break which allowed us to enjoy a drink in brick lane was most enjoyable. My girlfriend and I will do the west end tours soon. Great day out. Great for the mind. Great for the body. Thanks.

Reviewed 12 May 2012

I had an awesome day on this tour and learnt heaps about London. Matthew is a great guide with lots of local knowlege. He introduced us to interesting areas of London, like a shopping centre that opens daily but it has no tenants just vacant shop spaces. Very interesting. We were a small group and this made the ride even better. If you are worried about riding on London roads then don't be, Matthew takes you on cycle ways and back streets. I think we only went on one main road and Matthew assists you as needed. I went on the east end tour and would def do another tour with Matthew!

1  Thank Dianne_444
Reviewed 10 May 2012

Great tour. I love biking but wars nervous doing it in a new city where I am accustom to people driving on the opposite side of the road. This was not a problem. Matthew is a great guide and I always felt safe and comfortable. Biking is such a great way to cover territory and see the city. Matthew is laid back, informative and made you feel like you were seeing the city with a friend. we really enjoyed it.

1  Thank jessicadean
Reviewed 7 May 2012

The tour guide Matthew is more like a knowledgeable local friend than a guide. Very personable and well-informed. Does not just hit the touristy spots but explains every day life of the river bed scavengers, the Occupy Movement, memorials to those who died saving others, the council housing estates, plus the general history of the many eras of London. Being on bike allows you to see people and sites that a bus tour or a walking tour would certainly miss. And this is a true bargain. Do NOT miss this tour.

1  Thank mungo123
Reviewed 30 April 2012

Just got back from a wonderful trip to London. Biking with Matt through the center of London and the East end was simply marvelous! Matt was knowledgeable, thorough and very engaging. I learned so much about London and the hidden treasures tucked away in areas I never would have seen without him. I had the best view of the Changing of the Guard ever, and delighted my family with lots of photos and wonderful experiences. The best part, however, was that the number of cyclists in his tour group was quite small and there was no huge group to follow across streets or avenues. It was very safe and I always felt very comfortable wherever we rode. Highly recommended! I'll definitely be back!

1  Thank Linda K