“Exceeded our expectations”
Review of 20 Hertford Street

Ranked #188 of 923 Speciality Lodging in London
Reviewed 2 March 2016

We stayed in Flat 3, 17 Hertford St, a "deluxe studio" (I think means refurbished) that was bright with 16 foot ceilings and totally redone including windows and floors. The room was about 18 X 20 feet with a king size bed, new firm mattress and nice linens. The small kitchen had more appliances than we needed and a combo washer/drier that takes a LONG time to dry anything but glad to have it. The new bathroom worked well with even space for your cosmetics. All recessed lights and excellent reading lights over the bed. Daily room service is provided with crisp white sheets and duvet every other day. Wifi is provided but not strong enough to handle sending photos. Location is excellent and buzzing with Shepherd market two short blocks away. We were very happy with the accommodations and the staff, especially Haithem (?), who was very responsive to any issues. I think the other flats that have not been refurbished are quite different. I wish the owners well as they continue their improvements to make this a delightful place to stay.

The building itself is a Georgian townhouse that was formerly owned by the Royal Gardeners family for 100 years. The lovely entryway lets you know there is history there.

Room Tip: Flat 3 in 17 Hertford St.
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JillConnecticut

Reviewed 3 January 2016 via mobile

Me and my partner spent new years over 5 days here in a 1 bed studio apartment. The apartment could use some repainting and the small breakfast table was broken. But after all its England and the rest was all that you can ask for. Best thing was the excellent and very service minded staff who you couldn't have asked more from.
Highly recommended hotel and walking distance to everything!

Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 September 2015

We had a one bedroom apartment on the second floor overlooking Hertford St. The access by lift or stairs is quite narrow, dark and poky. The apartment itself was a good size and light and airy. The place is old and the floors uneven but it was a good place to stay. Location was excellent right beside Hyde Park in the middle of Mayfair. We would stay again. WiFi was hopeless and kept dropping out which we adfvised the owners about but it did not seem fixable. Probably caused by the provider.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 May 2015

First i was asked to go to Mayfair to check in,the lady at the front desk was ok. On getting to the room I was highly disappointed the furnitures were old,the bed was broken(it took the maintenance guy two day to come fix it) there was some form of renovations going on,I had to wake up every day at 8,I complain everyday,am on holiday for god sake I want to sleep in. Nothing was done,imagine waking up to the sounds of drilling and smashing. The cleaners don't speck English,my 7yr old goddaughter cleans better. I spent 14days there it was the worst 14days holiday of my life.
I later moved to 17hartford street,it was very nice,I cried.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled solo
3  Thank jay a
Maykenbel P, Owner at 20 Hertford Street, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2015

Dear jay a, thank you for your review of 20 Hertford Street.

We are sorry that you did not enjoy your stay and have passed your comments on to the management team at the property.

As much as possible we try to provide guests with an enjoyable stay and always ensure that any refurbishment or renovation work is communicated by the Reception Manager at check-in. However, if you would like to discuss any points raised in your review please do not hesitate to contact us directly.

Kind regards,

20 Hertford Street Apartments

Reviewed 20 March 2015

17 Hertford Street is very expensive and location is the only good thing about it. I booked fifteen days for over 2.500 but when I turned up there was a surprise credit card fee so I ended up paying over 2.600 pounds. I regretted not going to a hotel instead. The apartment was spacious but with the few furniture showing their age and with a lose toilet seat it's hardly a luxury apartment. The TV had mostly channels in Arabic but they agreed to get me more English speaking channels after I explained that I wouldn't have booked this apt. without English speaking channels. The concierge was helpful but located at another building. No central heating, only a loud fan heater that was difficult to get right. The kitchen was small but clean and modern, the best part of the apartment. What I didn't know is that the apartment is serviced daily, which for me was a nuisance since I wanted to keep my own time!

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled solo
Maykenbel P, Owner at 20 Hertford Street, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2015

Dear angieonthego, thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at 20 Hertford Street. Your feedback is appreciated and we have passed your comments on to the Manager of the apartments.

And, just to add, 20 Hertford Street is currently under refurbishment to improve the facilities and accommodation.

Best wishes,

Reviewed 26 January 2015

We had a great stay last year. Went for our honeymoon and 20 Hertford Street was amazingly located. Shepherd Market was a two minute walk and full of life in the evenings. Green Park tube station was a five minute walk and 15 minute walk to Oxford Street and the bus ride back would drop you right outside the apartment. I would definitely recommend this location. And plan to stay there again when i go in the summer!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Maykenbel P, Owner at 20 Hertford Street, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2015

Dear LBJ1920, thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at 20 Hertford Street. We're delighted that you enjoyed the apartment and location and appreciate your recommendation.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Best wishes,

Reviewed 11 August 2012

This is very close to everything and is very stylish and comfortable. We had the basement flat which although was a bit dark during the day was easy to access with just one flight of stairs - this meant not having to wait for a lift. The underfloor heating was amazing and the privacy and quietness was appreciated - even though we were close to where all the cleaners and laundry was located. The only thing that could improve our stay is if they could refrain from doing the washing overnight although we were assured ths was an exceptional circumstance. All in all we loved it and would recommend it anytime.

• Stayed: October 2011