“Great service apartment”
Review of 20 Hertford Street

20 Hertford Street
Ranked #189 of 923 Speciality Lodging in London
Reviewed 18 April 2017

I was impressed with staff who are very helpful. The room was good as indicated on the web. The location was truly amazing. There is no services but the staff can be so helpful and you can ask for their suggestion.

Room Tip: I stayed in 2 rooms and both are excellent.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Hertford street H, Manager at 20 Hertford Street, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2017

Dear TKthailand

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us on your recent stay with us at Hertford Street Apartments. I was very delighted that you enjoyed your stay and my colleagues was helpful to your standards.

I do hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you back for another stay at the Hertford Street Apartment with another lavish stay.

Kind regards

Hertford Street Management

Reviewed 19 September 2016 via mobile

Great location, it was a lovely stay but not as grand or high spec as I was hoping for I stayed in block No17 which wasn't like what was photographed the lift was so tiny me and my friends had to take the lift separately as it just fitted two people in.
The hall way on the 2nd floor looked unfinished and looked dark to get to my room.
There were lights out in the over head bed unit and there wasn't a phone.
It was a nice stay but maybe have a look at where you are staying in this complex as the rooms are very different in standards.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Adam H
Reviewed 21 June 2016

We stayed in 17 Herford St in a 1 bedroom flat which was very much comfortable with a 9 years old kid. Interior is not luxury but very much functioning. It is a very good option for a long stays like 7 or more days especially for the families to have home comfort. Moreover , location is perfect with 200 m walking distance to Hyde park and Green Park and to their underground stations. This place has become my option for the next visits.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 June 2016 via mobile

Very nice apartment- had taken the 2 bedroom apartment . Neat and clean, well furnished.
The staff is very friendly and helpful( Ismail and Peter).
Location very convenient, Hyde park is a 5 min walk, also the underground is 5 min away.
Shepard market is down the lane, all the best restaurants in Mayfair area is a walking distance from 20 Hertford street.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank vrindagoenka
Reviewed 23 April 2016

Rooms maintenance needs to work more.
Well everything else was good. Basic cleaning for the room is good everyday except Sundays.

rooms are comfy and sleep quality is good.

Area is safe and in prime location in the heart of Mayfair (central London) 2 mins walk distance from Hyde Park.

They charged my Credit Card after I left for a big amount saying the carpet was damaged.

I recommend this place if you don't find another place to stay in central London.
good for groups of big families.
value is very good.

staff are very friendly.

one thing which is annoying is that you need to check-in and out in another building. 5 mins walking distance.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Abdulrahman A
Reviewed 15 March 2016

We arrived after midnight in the freezing cold without instructions as to how to gain access, even though I had said that we would arrive late. After ages on the pavement, I found a phone number. I rang it and was told to go to no.20. There a receptionist bumbled around taking a credit card deposit of £300. For some reason, my credit card did not find its way back to me, something which I only discovered the next day and nearly resulted in me cancelling my card. We were finally accompanied to no.17. The stairs are so narrow, I advise anyone with a large waistline to go on a diet. A bathroom window had large slots open to the freezing wind. The next day I discovered my credit card was missing. I phoned to cancel it, but discovered £300 had been taken by the flat owners. When I got back, the receptionist gave me an envelope with my credit card in it! He also told me that £300 had been taken from my credit card ‘by mistake’ - it should merely have been reserved! The final insult, which really spoilt my stay, was a charge of £20 for a plastic key card which my partner had lost (probably worth about 1p). The receptionist said he was just ‘doing his job’ and I should contact the management if I was not happy. I would have done so, but try finding a contact number or email! Disgusted! What a rip-off!

Room Tip: Try a hotel
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank charles880
Reviewed 2 March 2016

We stayed in Flat 3, 17 Hertford St, a "deluxe studio" (I think means refurbished) that was bright with 16 foot ceilings and totally redone including windows and floors. The room was about 18 X 20 feet with a king size bed, new firm mattress and nice linens. The small kitchen had more appliances than we needed and a combo washer/drier that takes a LONG time to dry anything but glad to have it. The new bathroom worked well with even space for your cosmetics. All recessed lights and excellent reading lights over the bed. Daily room service is provided with crisp white sheets and duvet every other day. Wifi is provided but not strong enough to handle sending photos. Location is excellent and buzzing with Shepherd market two short blocks away. We were very happy with the accommodations and the staff, especially Haithem (?), who was very responsive to any issues. I think the other flats that have not been refurbished are quite different. I wish the owners well as they continue their improvements to make this a delightful place to stay.

The building itself is a Georgian townhouse that was formerly owned by the Royal Gardeners family for 100 years. The lovely entryway lets you know there is history there.

Room Tip: Flat 3 in 17 Hertford St.
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple