The Walrus Hostel
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
All reviewswaterloo stationbig benlondon eyebar downstairs isfree towelsfree breakfastbring earplugsgreat locationlambeth northtop bunkwestminster abbeycommon roombunk bedswalking distancethe ground floorfresh fruitstayed here for one night
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Hostel with great accommodation.
I've been in a room for women at the 3rd floor and that was clean.
Except the mattress of the bunk beds wasn't really comfortable and it's noisy when you make any movement. Anyway it can be ok if you're not a very demanding person. Bathrooms were clean too.
It's true that we can ear trains but it didn't bother me to fall asleep.
Free breakfast from 8:00 to 10:00 very nice.
The staff is nice too.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I enjoyed my four nights at this place. Good bar where you get discounts as a guest, quality free breakfast every morning, and close to Lambeth and Waterloo Tube stations. The staff are extremely knowledgeable about London and and happy to help. The WiFi doesn't reach the fourth floor but works well on the lower floors. It is directly next to the train tracks, exactly where the trains stop and squeaking brakes can be heard loud and clear at any time. The lockers in the rooms are small but they have extra secure lockers that no none but staff has access to.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The Walrus was the first ever hostel that I stayed in and i was also on my first solo trip. The staff was nice, the beds were decent (I had a top bunk in a 4 female only dorm - I soon learned top bunk is not for me). Breakfast was basic. Very close to 2 tube stations and other attractions such as the London Eye and Big Ben. I had 3 very noisy roommates, but I know that's not the hostels fault. The only thing I would change is if the bar offered food, other than that I really enjoyed this place.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Cool real hostel in central London!
Comfortable beds, warm rooms, warm and spacious showers.
Stylish furniture that makes you feel in a typical english home.. to me, being so close to the train tracks was fascinating, since it is a situation I have never experienced.
Great staff, super friendly and helpful! You can always meet someone nice at the bar and cocktails are really good.
I would definitely go back:)

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

Had a wonderful time staying at the Walrus hostel....great location and amenities....Alex and the rest of the staff were wonderful....so welcoming and knowledgeable of the area....The free walking tour was great...lots of facts and a great way to meet other guests! Would highly recommend! Thanks for a great stay!

Stayed: March 2018