“Warm and Welcoming Local Delight”
Review of Trattoria Raffaele

Trattoria Raffaele
Ranked #99 of 25,285 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$20 - US$33
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed April 5, 2018 via mobile

Reasonably priced, family-run restaurant. Excellent food. I have had perfectly cooked frito misto and on another occasion beautiful, rich lamb shank. There's a warm welcome and good atmosphere. Wine's good too.

Reviewed March 26, 2018

Ate here when the owner's father ran it in his unique style. I thought it would be impossible to better the ambience of the old establishment but I was wrong. The food, service and atmosphere are terrific and we are lucky to be just around the corner.

Reviewed March 15, 2018

My wife and I love this restaurant. My wife is a vegetarian coeliac whilst I am a wheat eating carnivore, this restaurant maybe the only place in London where we both have an exceptional meal.

My wife loves the GF Dough Balls, I’m all about the various home made meaty Italian meals such as the Homemade Papardelle with Venison, or the Spicy Nuja pizza.

Great food, great wines and above all fantastic service. Whenever people visit we show off by taking them to Trattoria Raffaele

Reviewed March 10, 2018

I'm impressed that somehow this restaurant managed to get my review taken down by TA! Ok summarising I was treated very badly by the owner last early winter with my youngest daughter in tow hungry for pizza. Long story short we were sat outside in the cold while the restaurant was half full at best. That's simply unacceptable.

6  Thank Nickoparma
Reviewed March 6, 2018

This was our first visit to this renowned restaurant, and I'm sure it won't be the last. The service was friendly (our waiter was happy to speak with us in Italian) and efficient. Things were brought to the table with just the right sort of interval between them. The decor seems a little dated, but there were some fun touches. The music alternated nicely (and discretely) between Frank Sinatra and Luciano Pavarotti - perfect!

The house wine was fine, the sardines (starter) much better than I would have anticipated, bread was lovely, the two pasta dishes (pappardelle and ravioli) both very fresh tasting. The pappardelle had a lovely rosemary flavour and rather more rabbit than one would expect. The ravioli had a touch too much sauce, but that could be catering for the English market, however the filling was excellent. Tiramisu was good although not outstanding, and the same could be said of the coffee (however, in a place which - probably because of speaking Italian with the waiter - reminded me of Italy I am probably comparing those things to the best I have had in that country).

We spent £60 between us (including service) which is a good and, I would say, reasonable price. Some of the best Italian food I have had in the UK.