“Fantastic Apartment, Great Location, Brilliant...”
Lounge Kitchen
2nd Bedroom
Patio Garden
3rd Bedroom
Floorplan
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

German first
Any
A TripAdvisor Member
“Fantastic Apartment, Great Location, Brilliant Place to Stay!”
Reviewed February 9, 2010 for a stay in February 2010
person found this review helpful

The photos don't do this place justice.

We used the apartment over a weekend in February to celebrate my father's 60th birthday - six people in total.

Fred and Iris were there to meet us and provided a lot of very helpful information about the apartment and local area (and further afield). There are also lots of guide books at the apartment.

The apartment itself is furnished to a very high standard and is huge! The lounge and kitchen are good sizes, as are the bedrooms. There is also a nice dining area which we used a lot. The third bedroom, (which has a single bed) can also accommodate a 'put up' bed, meaning that 6 people can stay here in comfort.

The apartment was well-stocked with milk, tea and coffee when we arrived, and had all the things you needed to make yourself feel at home (the kitchen in particular was well stocked with cutlery, crockery and cooking utensils) - it really is a home from home, and even has a laptop connected to broadband internet, printer, dvd player and huge plasma TV which came in useful!

The apartment is a 3 minute walk from Paddington station - 10 min walk and you're in Hyde Park. A leisurely stroll to Buckingham Palace (via Hyde park) took us around 45 mins, and 30 mins you can be in the heart of Knightsbridge.

The tube at Paddington is only 5 mins away. There are local supermarkets, (Waitrose) takeways and restaurants within a 5 min walk and it was a real added bonus being able to eat in some nights after a lot of walking in London!

I can't rate this place highly enough - I'm so glad we chose this option as opposed to a hotel (and other apartments we'd looked at) - it does work out a lot cheaper and you have the added bonus of feeling like you are at home, rather than in a bland hotel. The location also makes this an excellent place - close enough to get to all the major attractions of London, far enough out of the city centre so that you can relax.

Liked best: Location & facilities
Liked least: Steep steps will be a problem for those with some disabilities
Travelling group: Family (extended)
Your age range 25-34
Tourists Large groups
Luxury-minded travelers Rugged travelers
Australia
Reviewed February 2, 2010 for a stay in December 2009

Check-in / front desk Service
Liked best: Luxurious styling and cleanliness
Liked least: We didn't stay long enough! Next trip being planned!
Travelling group: Family with teenagers
Tourists Large groups
Luxury-minded travelers
“What a Find!”
Reviewed February 2, 2010 for a stay in January 2010

We've just returned from a six night stay in this immaculate property, and can unequivocally recommend it. Our trip was business for my husband, combined with a little sightseeing with me, so this apartment was perfect for our needs. The location is ideal, being near Paddington - you can take the Heathrow express and be at the apartment in about a half hour from Heathrow, then day tour using the tube and rail system. There are three nicely furnished bedrooms and although it was just my husband and myself, this flat could easily accommodate a larger family. I was impressed with the quality of the finishes and the fact that everything is in a fine state of repair. I have stayed at many rentals sourced over the internet, and have experienced how a place can look different in person compared to the pictures provided. The pictures DO give you a very good indication of what this unit looks like - (yes the kitchen actually shines like that). It was great to be able to do a load or two of wash and carry a lighter suitcase. Nice modern marble bathrooms, plenty of hot water and good water pressure. My husband said, "What a find!" - we spent less than we would have at many hotels, and enjoyed many times the space and facilities we would have had in a hotel room.

Fred and Iris are as described in earlier reviews, very charming hosts and very helpful about answering any questions or concerns. Fred even contacted me from Australia, where he was visiting, to answer a question about the wireless internet.

We had dinner at several local restaurants, 1/2 mile or less and very walkable from the flat:
Le Cafe Francais - "Affordable luxury gourmet" - by Whitely's - delicious meal in a lovely dining room.
Spice of India - on Bathurst St. - good Indian and good value
Tiroler Hut - Austrian food with live music, downstairs on Westbourne Grove near Whitely's. A little loud, but tasty and an adventure.

Thanks Fred and Iris for a lovely stay in your apartment home.

Liked best: Quality Space Location
Liked least: Had to go home
Travelling group: Spouse / significant other
Tourists Luxury-minded travelers
A TripAdvisor Member
“Fantastic location, great apartment”
Reviewed January 14, 2010 for a stay in December 2009

Directions to the apartment, instructions on facitlites, equipment, etc. & security were faultless. We really appreciated the sms welcoming us as well as follow up after our stay & the store of food & snacks provided.
The apartment was in great condition, well appointed & had everything we needed for 4 adults & 2 children. The extensive DVD & CD library were really a great source of entertainment for us.
Best for us was the location & the 'comfortableness' of the apartment.

Liked best: Location
Liked least: Nothing
Travelling group: Family (extended)
Friends getaway Older travelers
Tourists Luxury-minded travelers
A TripAdvisor Member
“Our home away from home”
Reviewed January 9, 2010 for a stay in December 2009

We loved the apartment for it's spaciouness,
cleanliness
and cosy "at home" feeling. It was well appointed
and the provision of supplies was very handy.
The neighbourhood was quiet and it was easy
access to Paddington station and buses. We will
definitely
return to stay when next in London.

Switzerland
Reviewed November 29, 2009 for a stay in November 2009

Empire Bay Australia
Reviewed November 18, 2009 for a stay in October 2009
person found this review helpful

Liked best: The space
Liked least: Nothing
Travelling group: Family with young children
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Families with teenagers Tourists
Large groups
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing