Town Hall Hotel
US$285
US$202
Doubletree
  • Restaurant
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$166
US$155
The Belgrave(London)(Great Value!)
US$159
US$135
Priceline
  • Bar/Lounge
Park Grand London Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
US$212
US$271
US$208
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
The Nadler Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
US$218
Priceline
US$754
US$629
1,458 results
All reviewsbethnal greencorner roomcentral linetyping roombroadway marketbrick lanewasher dryereast londonfull kitchenl'occitane toiletriesone bedroom apartmentpool and gymespresso machineunique hotelmacaroonscocktail barthe lower ground floor
Reviewed October 11, 2011

Very helpful staff, upgraded me to studio, super room, funky, spotless.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
OpsMng, Director of Operations at Town Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2011

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor on your recent stay at Town Hall Hotel & Apartments. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is always very encouraging to receive such a positive feedback and I have passed all of your feedback on to our department heads. Should you be looking to visit us in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me directly and I will be more than happy to assist with any enquiry you may have.
Many thanks Sandro Desole

Reviewed October 10, 2011

This is a very good hotel which is located about a 5 minute walk from Bethnal Green underground station. The Central Line will take you into the West End in around 20 minutes and to the City of London in around half that. Also nearby (2 stops and 5 minutes further out of town along the Central Line) is Stratford with the Olympic Stadium and the massive Westfield shopping centre which opened a few weeks ago.

I stayed at the hotel for 4 nights in September 2011 and found it to be clean and fairly comfortable. I was given a twin room on the lower ground floor. I suspect that this wasn’t their best room but I had booked on Hotwire and got the room at just over £100 per night so I can’t complain too much! The décor may not be to everyone’s taste with lots of marble flooring softened with the odd sheepskin rug. There were two single beds in my room and they were comfortable enough but a single bed is a single bed and not ideal. The room had something of a dark, clinical feel to it which might be explained by the fact that a photograph on the wall suggested that it used to be a gents toilet! As you might expect, everything is immaculate and the bathroom was spotless with a powerful, if strangely complicated (3 unmarked levers), shower. The indoor pool is a nice touch and was never busy when I was there. Staff delivered chocolates to the room every evening too.

I didn’t sample the food at the hotel but if you like Asian food, Brick Lane – famous for its curries – is a 20-25 minute stroll away or 5 minutes in a taxi. Younger kids might enjoy the Museum of Childhood which is just around the corner from the hotel on the way to the tube station. All in all, this is a very good hotel but for some reason I can’t find it in me to give it 5 stars like many. For me, the ambiance in my room was a little cool and clinical but perhaps that’s just my taste and the other rooms might be better. If you don’t mind being a little out of town, or plan to visit the Olympic Stadium or Westfield then this hotel would be a good choice. As noted previously, it represents very good value especially when booked through a discount site.

Room Tip: Avoid a twin room on the lower ground floor.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor on your recent stay at Town Hall Hotel & Apartments. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you find it convenient to travel to the West End, City of London and the Stratford Olympic park from the hotel. Thank you for mentioning all the little touches we offer to our guests in such detailed way as you did and that our rates a very good value for money. I am sorry to hear that you did not really get a very warm feeling from the apartment and that the style of the apartment was not entirely to your liking. The Town Hall Hotel, is a very sophisticated design and we are conscious to the fact that it may not be every one’s taste. I am please though to know that you liked the many other features of the hotel and that you though our facilities are well kept and spotless. It is unfortunate that you did not have the chance to taste the Viajante or Corner Room menus but perhaps there will be other occasion in the future. I appreciate your last suggestions on the proximity of the hotel that can be visited. I confirm that your feedback has been shared with all the department here. Should you decide to return to the hotel in the near future, please do not hesitate to contact me directly and I will be more than happy to assist you personally. Many thanks and kind regards, Sandro Desole

Reviewed October 6, 2011

My wife, planning a secret birthday party for me in Dalston, booked us in for the Saturday night. This is a stunning place, full of heritage and art, comfortable and stylish..Staff were delightful and really helpful and the apartment upgrade we had was vast and interesting whilst being really comfortable, quiet and . Just as well, since 88 people turned up for the party! The area is great - Broadway market, the canal, Geffrye museum and Columbia flower market on Sunday are really close and Viajante in the hotel building produced a stunning Sunday lunch with their 6 course tasting menu. Excellent place to stay in a great part of London.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
OpsMng, Director of Operations at Town Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2011

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor on your recent stay at the Town Hall Hotel & apartments. I am pleased to read that you thought the hotel is full of heritage and art, comfortable
and yet stylish. I am glad to hear that our staff extended their friendliness and professionalism to you, your family and friends and that your birthday party was a success. Also, Thank you for describing the local area places of interest, which will be very useful to all our guest staying at the Town Hall Hotel. I am also happy to hear that you enjoyed Sunday lunch at the Viajante restaurant with its tasting menu. Thank you for choosing the THH for your stay and it was a honoured to have been selected for this special day of yours. Should you decide to return to the hotel in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me directly and I will be more than happy to assist you personally. Many thanks and kind regards, Sandro Desole

Reviewed October 5, 2011

I am a frequent traveller, and this hotel has surprised me with all its qualities. I highly recommend as its rooms, service and restaurants satisfied me and my colleagues a lot.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
OpsMng, Director of Operations at Town Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2011

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor on your recent stay at Town Hall Hotel & Apartments. I am pleased to hear that you and your colleagues have enjoyed all your stays with us and you think that the level of product and service as of high standards. It is always very encouraging to receive such a positive feedback and I have passed all of your feedback on to our department heads. Should you be looking to visit us in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me directly and I will be more than happy to assist with any enquiry you may have.
Many thank

Reviewed October 5, 2011

I am a fan of East london and this is the best hotel in the area. Highly recommended if you want a "design hotel" experience with all the comforts and services. The area (Bethnal green) might look a bit dodgy at night, but I lived around there for years and in my experience it's a safe area. The central line metro is so close that it's easier to reach the center compared to other close locations (e.g. hoxton square). And on top of all this, we booked a double room and got a free upgrade to an executive apartment!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor on your recent stay at Town Hall Hotel & Apartments. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for your encouragement on the Bethnal Green area. I do agree with your comment that travelling from the hotel to central London or the trendiest areas in the East End is easy. We are very proud to be the pioneering company of such hotel in this area, despite all the prejudices. I appreciate your last note on the complimentary upgrade. I confirm that your feedback has been shared with all the department here. Should you decide to return to the hotel in the near future, please do not hesitate to contact me directly and I will be more than happy to assist you personally.
Many thanks and kind regards, Sandro Desole