“Fantastic hotel and apartments in a cool part of London” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Town Hall Hotel

Town Hall Hotel
Ranked #145 of 1,089 Hotels in London
London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic hotel and apartments in a cool part of London”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2012

The Town Hall Hotel has completely won my heart. I have to travel to London every week and have stayed literally everywhere but nowhere else is more welcoming, professional, clean, stylish and practical as this. The studio apartments have great little kitchens, nice touches like bottled still and sparkling and milk always waiting for you. The pool and gym are beautifully designed, always clean and always quiet. The Michelin starred restaurant is fantastic and such a treat, why go to Mayfair and do the same old thing when you can try something new in a fantastic part of town with it's myriad art galleries, shops, bars and clubs. Then when you're ready go to your really comfortable bed in a hotel where all the rooms are really quiet and a great night's sleep is guaranteed!

Room Tip: All the rooms are lovely, if you want to make it more like home you can rent the hotel goldfish for...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
OpsMng, Director of Operations at Town Hall Hotel, responded to this review, 12 March 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your kind feedback on your visit to the Town Hall Hotel & Apartments. It is great to hear that we have won your heart over with our hotel design, friendly service and cleanliness. I am pleased to hear that your stay was a quite a unique experience and that you liked the studio apartment with fully furniture kitchen and all the other extras that we offer to our guests. It is nice to know that you liked the beautiful pool and gym design and that you enjoyed the Viajante restaurant food and cocktails at the bar. I am glad to hear that you found the hotel noise free and I take this opportunity to thank you for choosing to stay at the Town Hall Hotel I can confirm that your feedback has been shared with all the team here. Should you required any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me and I will be more than happy to assist you directly. Many thanks and kind regards, Sandro Desole

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (249)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Helsinki
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2012

Stayed in Town Hall apartment for four nights. Location is very good if you are looking for little bit "different" London. Room was brilliant and their morning paper policy was very kind. Service attitude would have been much better.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank eskoo
OpsMng, Director of Operations at Town Hall Hotel, responded to this review, 7 March 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your kind feedback on your visit to the Town Hall Hotel & Apartments. It is nice to know that you enjoyed you stay with us and that you find the location interesting as it is currently one of the hottest arias coming up in the east side of London. Although you comment is very positive the note on the staff service and attitude took most of my attention on your feedback. I wonder whether a member of staff failed to provide you with the appropriate mannerism and politeness. Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience caused if any of my staff approach was inappropriate and I can confirm that I will investigate to find out what has happened. I wish you to know that this is far from what kind of service we intend to provide to our guests, I would sincerely grateful if you could share more details of the incident. Thank you for choosing the Town Hall Hotel for your stay in London I can confirm that your feedback will be shared with all the teams here. Should you required any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me and I will be more than happy to assist you directly. Many thanks and kind regards, Sandro Desole
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2012

Town Hall is an interesting boutique hotel converted from a town hall. It is located right next to the Museum of Toys. The neighborhood is not great and it is quite far away from city. There are cooking and laundry facilities in the room which are excellent for our one-week stay. The room is very new, clean and neat. There is minimum staff coverage but they are very helpful in terms of transportation questions and restaurant recommendations. The price is reasonable for such quality and space, however the location is a disadvantage.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor on your recent stay at Town Hall Hotel & Apartments. It is nice to receive such a positive feedback on your stay with us and pleased to hear that you like the hotel, the apartment size and its fully equipped kitchenette as well as all the other commodities and facilities we offer to our guests. I am sorry to hear that you though the hotel is a bit far away from the city centre or famous places of attraction, but I can assure you that you can get to Oxford Street within 15 minutes away with the tube and only about 3 min from Liverpool Street. Thank you for your other comments and I can confirm that they have been shared with all the departments here. Thank you for choosing the Town Hall Hotel and should you decide to return to the hotel in the near future, please do not hesitate to contact me directly and I will be more than happy to assist you personally. Many thanks and kind regards, Sandro Desole
Clonakilty, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2012

Awesome hotel - excellent rooms, helpful staff, nice pool, nice pub, good pricing for London. Only issue is location a bit off the track.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your kind feedback on your visit to the Town Hall Hotel & Apartments. It is nice to know that you enjoyed you stay with us and that the service provided by our staff in all different departments was of high levels. I am sorry to hear that you found the location of the hotel unpractical for your needs but I am pleased to know that the overall stay was a successful experience in this occasion. Thank you for choosing the Town Hall Hotel for your stay in London I can confirm that your feedback will be shared with all the teams here. Should you required any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me and I will be more than happy to assist you directly. Many thanks and kind regards, Sandro Desole
Bologna, Italy
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2012

of course if you'd like to sleep watching big Ben through your window probably is not the right place to be but if is not the first time you are in London and would like to discover new hot spots like shoreditch this is the right place, cool, quite reasonable fares and lots of comforts and very spacious room, look perfect for those travellers who want to spend more than few days in London, actually the provide a washing machine in some rooms, never happened to me before. I warmly suggest

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor on your recent stay at Town Hall Hotel & Apartments. It is great to receive such a feedback and to know that you enjoyed your stay with us.
It is nice to know that you like the hotel blending of old and new trends from the past 20th century.
Thank you also for warmly recommending the hotel to be suitable for long stays, due to its fully furnitured apartment instead of a bedroom alone, which was an unexpected surprise for you. It is great to know that you will be introducing the THH to friends and family and I can confirm that your feedback has been shared with all the departments here. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly should you require any further assistance and I will be more than happy to assist you. Many thanks and kind regards, Sandro Desole
Orange County, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2012

My partner and I stayed at the Town Hall between Christmas and New Year on our way back from Ireland. We've stayed at boutique hotels around the world and, although not the best, Town Hall is certainly a place we'd stay again.

The Good: We had a small apartment on the ground floor that was really lovely. With a comfortable bed and vintage furniture, the bedroom was just right for us. The bathroom -- adjacent the bed and separated by a wall of glass -- was terrific. The finishes were very good and we enjoyed the deep tub, great lighting and nice bath products. A sliding wall divided our bedroom from a small sitting area, table for two and a kitchenette. While some might consider the finishes a bit austere, we found the mid-century sofa and chairs to be stylish an comfortable. We didn't use the kitchen, but the capsule type coffee maker was a welcome (and much used) amenity. Families and traditionalists should note that the apartments (ours, anyway) are loft style meaning that privacy and storage are at a premium.

The Area: We've stayed in London a number of times, so part of the allure of Town Hall was it's funky location. At it's best, Bethnal Green is a quaint neighborhood, and in some ways a welcome relief from the polish of pricier locations. We never felt unsafe, but I will say that after spending an afternoon on the Marylebone High Street, we certainly felt the difference. There is some hipster influence nearby, but the area is far from gentrified and enjoys both the perks and frustrations of a diverse middle class neighborhood.

The Not So Good: We agree with those travelers who have experienced minor service issues at Town Hall. Our visit was off season, but we were disappointed that the fine dining restaurant, Viajante, was closed during the duration of our stay. Dinner the first night at the hotel's casual "Corner" restaurant was a treat and it's hard to describe the room as anything but charming. ("Gemutlich" we'd say in German.) The real issue was breakfast. The Corner serves as the breakfast room and even off-peak it was consistently crowded to capacity with servers trying to make the best of a too-small kitchen and a too-small room while potential diners waited in frustration in the hallway and beyond. The buffet was paltry even by American standards and we found the quality of the menu items inconsistent from day to day.

The Verdict: Despite the bumps, we are pleased to recommend Town Hall with only minor reservations. Our apartment was lovely and spacious and the overall stay quite pleasant. In our minds, Town Hall is an ideal location for experienced travelers with a high standard, but also a little patience for "real life." We encourage management to continue working out the kinks -- this is a diamond in the rough.

Tip: The Museum of Children just up the street was an unexpected pleasure.

Room Tip: The extra price for an apartment seems worth the price.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Boutique_Freak
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your kind feedback on your visit to the Town Hall Hotel & Apartments. It is great to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and it is nice to know that, although it was not one of your best experiences, you will certainly visit us again in the future. Thank you for detailing your experience in the way you did, by highlighting the positive and negative aspect of your experience, which is very useful to me. I am pleased to know that you find the hotel and the apartment to your likes with our mid-century style, inclusive kitchenette with coffee machine and amenities. I am sorry to hear of our missed opportunity to welcome you at Viajante due to the Christmas Season closure but I am pleased to know that you liked the charming Corner Room Restaurant and its food selection there. I am also sorry to hear that you had to wait quite long time before having you breakfast and that the al carte menu and buffet was less than what you expected. Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused in this occasion and I can confirm that I have shared you comment with the F&B manager, to look at ways to improve those areas of concern, highlighted in your feedback. Thank you for choosing the Town Hall Hotel for your stay in London and should you required any further assistance, please, do not hesitate to contact me directly and I will be more than happy to assist you directly.
Many thanks and kind regards, Sandro Desole
Livorno, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2012

For an accomplished traveler it is not always easy to get impressed by the quality of services and level of hospitality of hotels, but this was the case with the Town Hall hotel in London. Great rooms, impeccably furbished and clean, excellent food and always helpful and smiling staff. You cannot ask for more. The closest tube station is around the corner and if you are in a hurry, the hotel personnel is there to find a cab at the very last minute.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
OpsMng, Director of Operations at Town Hall Hotel, responded to this review, 27 February 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor on your recent stay at Town Hall Hotel & Apartments. It is great to receive such a positive comment and indeed to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am pleased to hear that you like the hotel refurbishment, blending together new and old trends from the previous century. I am glad to know that my colleagues were always ready to provide you with good service levels. It is great to hear that you loved Nuno Mendes’s cuisine and that you find the hotel well connected with the West End. I hope to be able to welcome you back to stay with us on your next visits to London and I can confirm that your feedback will be shared with all the department here. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly and I will be more than happy to assist you personally. Many thanks and kind regards, Sandro Desole