1,477 results
All reviews bethnal green corner room victoria park central line typing room broadway market brick lane washer dryer full kitchen l'occitane toiletries east london pool and gym espresso machine unique hotel macaroons cocktail bar the lower ground floor
Reviewed July 18, 2012

This is one of the best hotels we have ever stayed in, it was easy to find from the underground which is around a 5 minute walk. The staff were very helpful. We stopped in a two bedroomed apartment which was amazing; it was tidy, clean and very well equipped. The beds were roomy and comfortable with the best quality of everything. The bathrooms were lovely, though took a bit of getting use to the glass wall to the bedroom. The complementary morning newspaper and nightly turn down service with chocolates made it just that little bit special. The self catering facility's were fabulous in the room and had every thing you could need (not the we used much of them). Will defiantly be recommending to friends and family and will be top of the hotels list for when we next visit London!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Rebecca A
OpsMng, Director of Operations at Town Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor on your recent stay at Town Hall Hotel & Apartments. I am flattered by title "The Best" which implies your stay with us was a fantastic experience. I am immensely grateful for sharing your thoughts on the THH and I am glad to hear that you appreciated the helpful and friendly service from my colleagues. It is great to know that you loved the hotel and Apartment and that you thought the cleanness, tidiness, equipment and comfortable beds, were of the highest standard. Also your comments on all the other touches offered to our guests are very much appreciated and I am glad to know that you enjoyed it. Thank you for introducing the THH to all your friends and family and I am honoured to know that the THH will be your favour choice when visiting London in the future. I can confirm that your feedback has been shared with all the department here and should you be looking to visit us in the near future, please do not hesitate to contact me directly and I will be more than happy to assist with any enquiry you may have. Many thanks and kind regards, Sandro Desole

Reviewed July 16, 2012

This hotel was recommended by friends and we were not dissapointed at all. Don't let the area fool you, all that is hot and happening in London is close by. Brick Lane, Spitalfields, Shoreditch, in general all East London was a great surprise to us. Underground is 5 minutes walk, we preferred taking the Barclay Cycle Hire Bikes, also just around the corner and much more fun to see the city.

We didn't have breakfast or eat at the restaurant, we did have a drink in the bar, and although it looks really sleek, the sofa's and chairs really aren't comfortable at all.

Room was very nice, beds a bit small for us, but we are both really tall so we have that more often. Gym and pool area also nice, almost had it to my own on sunday morning. Staff very very friendly. They made our room available straight upon arrival at 10 am.

One more tip for shopaholics, the Westfield Stratford City is a huge shopping mall and only 2 metro stops away. It has everything you need, including nice M&S food. Faster and easier going there than to Oxford Street.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
OpsMng, Director of Operations at Town Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your kind feedback on your visit to the Town Hall Hotel & Apartments. It is great to know that we managed to live up to the recommendation of your friend in this occasion and it pleases me to hear that you were not influenced by the prejudices over East London. Thank you for mentioning all those upcoming areas nearby the hotel, which are at the moment one of the hottest parts of London and how easy it is to connect with the other parts of London from the hotel. Regarding to your comments on the bed size and I am sorry to hear that it was not big enough and probably this did not allow you to get the deserved rest. I can confirm though that the bed size is the UK standard double size. Please do not hesitate to ask our reception on your next visit if they may have an apartment with bigger bed size. Thank you for choosing the THH for your stay in London and I can confirm that your feedback has been shared with all the team here. Should you required any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me and I will be more than happy to assist you directly. Many thanks and kind regards, Sandro Desole

Reviewed July 14, 2012

We stayed for a week at the end of June and found we'd been given an upgrade to a self catering apartment. An excellent start! The building is amazing, full of character e.g. if the breakfast room is full you eat in the old council chamber, fantastic.
The staff are really helpful and always polite, friendly and knowledgable. The room was superb; tidy, clean and well equipped with a great bathroom. The only problem was we felt the bed was more three quarter size rather than double.
Breakfast was excellent and, in our deal, part of the price, even if bought separately it comes out less than most hotels. There was fresh fruit salad, whole fresh fruit, cold meats, cheeses, great breads, croissants, pain au chocolate and pain au raisins, conserves and fresh fruit juices plus as much coffee as you wanted, if you wanted more there was an extra charge for cooked eggs, bacon etc. All in all the best breakfast I've had in a London hotel ever!
The hotel is a five minute walk to the Central line for access to central London so no problem. We walked to Tower Bridge twice (50 minutes), interesting to see more than the inside of tunnels. Nearby Victoria Park (1Km) was great for my running, there were lots of people out there on bikes, running, walking skating etc, it was safe, open and well kept. Beyond that there was an urban village where there were interesting eateries on every corner of the small square.
Overall the area is well worth a visit, especially as gentrification is definitely happening with plenty of local, non chain shops. There is a wide ethnic range, people out and about were friendly and helpful.
Next time we are in London the Town Hall Hotel is where we hope to stay

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor on your recent stay at Town Hall Hotel & Apartments. It was nice to receive your generous score and it is great to know that you found the hotel to be amazing and full of character. I am pleased to hear that you appreciated our complimentary gesture of upgrading you to a higher apartment category, contributing to a more comfortable stay in the hotel. The staff is also grateful to see their effort being appreciated by your side. Thank you so much for detailing our breakfast selection in the way you did. Your remark that it was the best breakfast ever in London Hotels made us feel proud of what we do. Thank you for your comment on how easy it is to travel from the hotel to central London areas, within minutes and it is always great to know that you enjoyed the local area, which is buzzing with proper London life. It is always encouraging to receive such a positive feedback and I have passed on all your comments to our team here. Should you be looking to visit us in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me directly and I will be more than happy to assist with any enquiry you may have. Many thanks and kind regards, Sandro Desole

Reviewed July 13, 2012

This hotel is a remarkable surprise. While Bethnal Green would once not have been my choice for a London stay, this magnificent renovation of the local Town Hall places Bethnal Green firmly on my travel map. From the hotel's impressive and rather imposing exterior to the thoughtful (and witty) interiors, the whole concept of a hotel within a former Town Hall works brilliantly. The fact that the Town Hall also houses a 2 Michelin star restaurant in Viajante and another brilliant tiny dining option in the Corner Room (the latter supplying some of the most outstanding room service meals you will receive anywhere) means you can't go past this place. The location on the central line (Bethnal Green tube is only a few minutes walk away) means you can realistically use the underground to get around from here, so don't worry that it seems on the surface to be a little further out than you would usually consider. Excellent bus services as well. It should be noted, too, that we have rarely in recent travels seen a hotel so well-managed: staff are well trained and it shows. (We didn't even mind being caught up in a fire drill -- at least we know staff training is on-going!) Full points, in particular, to the concierge staff (particularly Andrea) who are adept at making things happen (spare umbrellas, rental cars delivered etc). Don't forget there is also an excellent lap pool and gym. Highly recommended for longer stays in London. And well-positioned for last minute Olympics bookings. Recent coverage in Tatler as a place to stay and to be seen says it all.

Room Tip: Book through Design Hotels for some excellent deals. Consider upgrading to a one bedroom apartment for longer stays where the full kitchen, laundry facilities and overall spaciousness will make the difference.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor on your recent stay at Town Hall Hotel & Apartments. I am pleased to hear of your surprise and appreciation of the THH impressive restoration and great to know that Bethnal Green is now included in your hotel map, when visiting London. It is great to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you loved the food we produce in-house in all our restaurants. Thank you for including on your feedback how easy it is to travel from the hotel good connection with the tube and buses, to other areas in London. We are flattered by your compliments on the hotel management and staff friendliness, which is very encouraging. Please accept my apologies for disturbing you with the Fire Drill and thank you for participating to the evacuation exercise. I can confirm that your comments have been shared with all the staff here and it is great to see Andrea being mentioned on the feedback. I hope to be able to welcome you back at the THH in the near future. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly and I will be more than happy to assist you personally. Many thanks and kind regards, Sandro Desole

Reviewed July 11, 2012

a hotel full of character and charm staffed by friendly helpful people at every level.preserved floors,columns and wood panelling echo romantically of its previous metropolitan grandeur.the preserved council chamber with its ampitheatre of padded seats make it an ideal place for a wedding ceremony.
the small subsidiary restaurant is not big enough for a sunday morning rush but the breakfast itself was splendidly cooked with scrambled egg and salmon to die for after fruit juice,cold meats,krispiesand a healthy bowl of fresh fruit salad

Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded July 16, 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor on your recent stay at Town Hall Hotel & Apartments. It is great to know that you found the THH full of character and charm with a great level of service and smiling staff. It is nice to know that you have noticed the hard work put in preserving the old town hall features, mixed with stylish furniture and artwork distributed around the hotel. It is an absolute honour to know that you really enjoyed your stay with us and thank you so much for your comment on the Corner Room breakfast. It is always very encouraging to receive such a positive feedback and I have passed all of your comments on to our department heads. Should you be looking to visit us in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me directly and I will be more than happy to assist with any enquiry you may have. Many thanks and kind regards, Sandro Desole