1,476 results
All reviews bethnal green corner room victoria park central line typing room broadway market brick lane washer dryer full kitchen l'occitane toiletries east london pool and gym espresso machine unique hotel macaroons cocktail bar the lower ground floor
Reviewed December 19, 2012

I simply loved everything about this hotel! The friendly staff, my beautiful spacious room, the delicious breakfast buffet, the exciting surrounding area etc. Oh and the bar! And those drinks...
Yes - this was a very special experience! Will definitely, definitely come back! I have already recommended this hotel to my parents-in-law and they stayed there last week. And guess what - they loved it too.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank stockholmtraveler
OpsMng, Director of Operations at Town Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2012

Dear Guest
Thank you for sharing your feedback on Trip Advisor on your recent stay at Town Hall Hotel & Apartments. Having read your feedback, am glad we managed to make your stay a memorable one for you and your Parents- in -Law and we will be expecting you back at the THH sometime soon. We are venturing in different simple adaptable ways to ensure all our guests get the desired experience during their stay at the THH. Once again Thank you for choosing the THH for you stay in London and should you require any further assistance from the THH please do not hesitate to contact me directly. Many thanks and kind regards, Sandro Desole

Reviewed December 18, 2012

Great hotel, beautiful rooms with great buffet breakfast. We stayed for one night and we were upgraded to a one bedroom apartment which was fabulous, beautifully clean with everything you could want - towels, robes, bathroom accessories, bottles of water, tea making facilities and milk + the kitchen had all kinds of cooking equipment so perfect for anyone looking to self cater. The hotel is about a 3 minute walk from Bethnal Green tube which is on the central line just one stop from Liverpool Street station so a great location. The staff were really friendly and helpful, we turned up early and they took all our luggage and stored it in the luggage room while we went out for the day. When we turned up later to check in the luggage was all taken to our room by one of the (very friendly) concierges. We didn't eat an evening meal at the hotel but the menu looked great. Would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SarJP294

Dear Guest
Thank you for sharing your feedback on Trip Advisor on your recent stay at Town Hall Hotel & Apartments. I am impressed to know that you appreciated what THH has to offer especially for our famous friendly way of service and approach and indeed beautiful clean apartments that you have mentioned. It is always a pleasure to know that every effort made to ensure you received a memorable experience paid off with your generous score and feedback, which has been shared and appreciated by all the teams here. THH has two In House restaurants Viajante & Corner Room, I do recommend for you to come and dine with us as they do very good food. Thank you for choosing the THH for you stay in London and should you require any further assistance from the THH please do not hesitate to contact me directly. Many thanks and kind regards, Sandro Desole

Reviewed December 17, 2012

I stayed here on a weekend to force myself to get out of Central London + was looking for a unique hotel experience. I got both and am happy I did. This hotel did a great job in keeping the Town Hall charms while introducing modern interpretations of a boutique hotel. I was impressed at the size of my room and the kitchen: Breville hot water pot & microwave, fridge, stove, sink, espresso machine etc. I would want to stay here on an extended visit; they included milk in the fridge for your tea/coffee in addition to the house water - still & sparkling.

My room has a unique layout that enable you to keep your mess of luggage out of the way, but still in an accessible area that was not a closet; the bed was not up against a wall thus providing a nice divider whereby behind it is where my luggage and stuff went. The bed itself was not too hard, nor too soft and they supplied 4 pillows of varying softness - love this.

The bathroom was nice, no tub in my room. And no shower door. So you had to ensure nothing on the floor prior to showering; there's a tiny lip to prevent water run off, but nothing to stop shower spray. The product included shampoo, conditioner, shower gel, soap & lotion and was Rituals.

There's a one Michelin star restaurant attached so book in advance. Also, they warned me of 2 holiday parties on the Fri & Sat nite of my stay. While I heard the music, it was all over by midnight. I ate at the Corner Room and while I didn't have a reservation, they moved some tables around and accommodated me, I'm thinking because I said I was a hotel guest. The food was quite good.

I never took advantage of the tea lady, but the macaroons they came around with at night made me crave La Duree they were that good. I would LOVE to stay here again... if only there weren't a gazillion other hotels to try in London. I love checking new places out, but I may stay here again it's that trendy AND reasonably priced. I do also love the design of their logo, etc. It's incorporated throughout their printed material and tres chic.

Location is perfect; far enough away from Central London I actually discovered Spitalfields by walking to it due to the recommendation of the Hotel. Tube stop is 5 min walk. There are a couple buses to be caught as well.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank GreenStarfish
OpsMng, Director of Operations at Town Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2012

Dear Guest
Thank you for sharing your feedback on Trip Advisor on your recent stay at Town Hall Hotel & Apartments. It is a great pleasure to know that you were impressed with our apartment, offering spacious good size rooms’ comfortable beds and fully equipped kitchen. It gives us great honour to know that you appreciated our friendly way of service and approach and yes the turn down service treat is very popular with out guests. I cannot help to notice that the apartment bathroom had no shower door, which now has been looked into with the relevant department. It is always a pleasure to know that every effort made to ensure you received a memorable experience paid off with your generous score and feedback, which has been shared and appreciated by all the teams here. The Viajante & Corner rooms are very famous for their exquisite food and they always ensure they cater for Hotel Guest as well. Thank you for choosing the THH for you stay in London and should you require any further assistance from the THH please do not hesitate to contact me directly. Many thanks and kind regards, Sandro Desole

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Who would ever, ever, ever, want to stay in Bethnal Green!!?? Well me for one now that I have discovered the Town Hall Hotel, wall to wall welcoming quality. I travel to London once a week or so and stay over perhaps once a fortnight for a night or so and have become something of an unfaithful wife to the hotels I stay in, being tempted by cost savings on Trivago, Laterooms etc, well I may now give up my itinerant ways and settle down happily ever after with the Town Hall. Crucially, this is the highest quality accommodation you will find at a reasonable cost one yes ONE tube stop from Liverpool Street and The City, Bethnal Green is surprisingly easy to get to. The Hotel is a two or three minute walk from the Tube and the Hotel is tucked away on a quiet road just off the main drag. I arrived at busy-o-clock and unlike many places the Town Hall had overstaffed the front desk so check in was to say the least smooth and fast. I was allocated room 102, a big bright airy space with a raised bed, a sunken bath, a soft robe, egyptian cotton, fluffy slippers, Rituals toiletries and a Nespresso (type) coffee maker. Candidly, everything I wanted was there with stylish flair. Usually I am pleased not to have brought my wife Diane with me but on this occasion I was sorry I hadn't, this place manages to blend business class efficiency withy honeymoon style and comforts. Breakfast was great and the michelin starred restaurant occupying the corner of the property is a delightful spot for a post-work unwind. Whether you are looking for an overnight business sleepover or a romantic base to explore the delights of London, PlEASE think of trying Bethnal Green and in particular the Town Hall Hotel, I very much doubt you will make a better decision this year.

Room Tip: I had 102, big, light, airy and quiet
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Jondi1

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor on your recent stay at Town Hall Hotel & Apartments. I really enjoyed reading your comments and it is nice that we were able to create memorable stays each and every time you visited us. I cannot express my excitement in hearing that you are now thinking of THH, as your home away from home and it is nice to see that my colleagues were able successfully provide that kind of service, which made it possible to win you heart over. It is indeed the philosophy of service we are developing at THH and I am very pleased to know that all our efforts have paid off and have been well appreciated by you. Thank you also for your detailed feedback, which I am sure many other guests will find very useful to make a more appropriate choice of hotel. Perhaps on your next visit, as you suggested, would be nice to see you coming back with you partner to show what the THH is all about. I can confirm that your comments will be shared with the team here and thank you so much for your kind score and comments and for choosing the Town Hall Hotel for your stays in London. I hope to be able to welcome you back soon and in the meantime should you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly, I will be more than happy to assist with any enquiry you may have. Many thanks and kind regards, Sandro Desole

Reviewed December 10, 2012

Stayed here on business for 3 nights in October and had one of the best i've had in London. When I booked the room I didn't realise i'd booked a studio apartment, well equiped with full kitchen, plenty of comfy seating, ipod docking station, loads of cupboard space and a shower to die for. The kitchen area is tucked away behind sliding doors and this also separates the bed from the rest of the room, so although it's a studio it's more like an open plan one bedroom flat (the bed has it's own TV on the wall as well. Felt like a home from home

Leisure facilities are quite small but very nicely laid out and the small gym is well equiped. Pleasant staff and only 5 mins walk from Bethnal Green Tube station. Free well functioning WIFI and each night staff drop by to turn down the bed and leave you a little food surprise.

Loved it and will be back.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
OpsMng, Director of operations at Town Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2012

Dear Guest
Thank you for sharing your feedback on Trip Advisor on your recent stay at Town Hall Hotel & Apartments. Yes, am glad your stay with us was to your standard as you stated the apartments are filled with necessities that bring the whole stay to a different level, homely feel as you have shared. Our Turn down facility is now famous for its delights served. Once again it was indeed a pleasure. Thank you for choosing the THH for you stay in London and should you require any further assistance from the THH please do not hesitate to contact me directly. Many thanks and kind regards, Sandro Desole