1,477 results
All reviews bethnal green corner room victoria park central line typing room broadway market brick lane washer dryer full kitchen l'occitane toiletries east london pool and gym espresso machine unique hotel macaroons cocktail bar the lower ground floor
Reviewed January 22, 2013

As I stayed at the Town Hall for 8 months (worked paying of course) I felt that I must review the wonderful place I called home once!

Town Hall is about 5 minutes walk from Bethnal Green tube and just a 15 minute walk from Shoreditch. One thing that surprised me was how many Black cab drivers hadnt heard of the Town Hall but this also adds a little secret gem element to this place.

As the name suggests, it was once the Town Hall and all rooms have wonderful high rise ceilings and thick walls for added quietness. Loved the decor which is quirky but very much in tune with the quality of the furniture and just feels so classy!

The Town Hall hotel prides itself that every room is different. I stayed in 6 different rooms and whilst they vary in size and layout they were all amazing a different way. Each day you are left amazing truffles and you wont walk in any room without seeing a yellow rub which is very much the signature of the hotel.

The pool is amazing and rarely used. Likewise the gym which is well managed and always in use. The food is superb but you pay for it and plenty of other places elsewhere in the local area.

Finally the staff! All very well mannered and happy to help.

This place is world class and a massive thanks for everyone who assisted me during my stay. I apologise for those couple of nights when I had a few in the city and lost my key card, you know who I am!

Come see the Town Hall, you will not be disappointed!

Regards

Edd

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
OpsMng, Director of Operations at Town Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor on your recent stay at Town Hall Hotel & Apartments. It is a pleasure to know that you loved staying with us and a great honour to know that you considered the THH as your home away from home. It is indeed how we wish to be remembered by our guests and it is not the length of time alone that gives you that feeling of belonging but as you mentioned the keenness of the staff to be there every time with caring and warm approach to service. I guess after your title "British World Class” there is no much I can add, suggest other than being thankful for this fantastic review and for giving us the chance to be your host. I hope we will be able to welcome you back at the THH in near future and should you require any assistance from the THH, please do not hesitate to contact me direclty. Many thanks and kind regards, Sandro Desole

Reviewed January 21, 2013

For our son’s wedding in October 2012 the Town Hall Hotel in Bethnal Green was the choice for the reception, they couldn't have chosen better!

Immediately we stepped into the reception area we were impressed with the welcome and the stunning decor.

We were staying over a couple of nights and our comfortable en suite room, complete with full kitchen, was available to us on the ground floor.

We had taken swimwear so could make use of the pool (next door to the gym) which we did on the first evening before venturing to the cocktail bar.

Wow! We were given a cocktail menu and took a while deciding, I chose a Ron Burgundy as I had never heard of it. What a theatrical but exciting drink, try!

Now to the wedding reception and the extremely efficient manager, Christine.

Every single thing was organised, from drinks on arrival to the choice of dining area. The meal and service was excellent, and as the wedding was for two nationalities the hotel provided large screens to show translations.

After the meal things were quickly cleared away and the celebrations progressed smoothly to the disco.

The whole of the hotel team get a five star rating.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Glynbri

Dear Guest
Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor on your recent stay at Town Hall Hotel & Apartments. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the THH and it is great to know that you thought it was the perfect venue for your son's wedding reception. It is a great to know that from the very first moment you enter the hotel, you were received with a warm welcome from my colleagues and from that moment onwards, your experience enfolded with a pleasant moment to another. I am glad to hear that the suite, swimming pool, Viajante bar and all other facilities and services met you expectations so highly and with Christine looking after the reception later with great success. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a note of your experience and for choosing the THH. I can assure you that all your comments have been shared with all the teams here and should you decided to return to the THH in the near future, please do not hesitate to contact me directly. Many thanks and kind regards Sandro Desole

Reviewed January 20, 2013

Beautiful property, well appointed suites, a very attentive staff, and proximity to public transit all contribute to a great stay! This was my first time in London and the staff was very helpful in making me feel at home. The restaurants on site were also very good. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Upgrade to an apartment for an extended stay!
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Jamiefrech

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor on your recent stay at Town Hall Hotel & Apartments. I am delighted to receive your generous feedback and great to know that all our efforts contributed to fulfil all your needs and expectation during your stay. I it is a great honour for us to know that the care we offer to our guests, as made you feel like being at home. It is exactly this want we wish to achieve with each and every guest visiting the THH. Thank you for choosing the THH and for highly recommend us. I have shared your comment with all the teams here and should you require any further assistance from the THH please do not hesitate to contact me directly. Many thanks and kind regards. Sandro Desole

Reviewed January 18, 2013

Excellent in every way.
Great staff.
Very clean. Very.
Great work out area.
Restaurants on site that are very good.
Rooms that are reasonable and well designed. Washers, full kitchens, open new bathrooms.

Thank you for the great refuge from the city!

Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Matt W
OpsMng, Director of Operations at Town Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor on your recent stay at Town Hall Hotel Apartments. I am not sure what else I can say or add to your generous AAA score and description of our product and service. I will, therefore only limit myself by offering you the greatest thank you ever from all the teams here at the THH. I really hope to be able to welcome you back to stay with us in the near future and should you require my assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly. Many thanks and kind regards. Sandro Desole

Reviewed January 15, 2013

Having travelled to London more times than we can count, and having stayed in a variety of places from private homes and aparments to five star hotels, we can honestly say that the Town Hall exceeded all of our expectations. We wanted to explore the east end of London more on this stay with our three young kids (age 5, 7 and 9). From the moment we arrived and were met by whom our kids call the nicest man in the world, head concierge Andrea set the standard for this stay. He more than aniticpated anything we may need, especially travelling with kids. Nothing was too small, or big, for him to tackle and this warmed us to the hotel even more than the stunning architecture, the history, fantastic restaurants, gym and pool (which the kids loved with rubber duckies in place!). We recommend this hotel highly, especially the two bedroom suites for families. And make sure you get the full tour - it's such an interesting hotel, in an interesting location. We walked from the hotel, down Bethnal Green, Shoreditch, Brick Lane, Spittafilelds market, Petticoat Lane and then on over Tower Bridge to the Burough market in one of our most enjoyable walks in London ever. Not to mention the museum of Childhood next door!

Room Tip: Families Choose a two bedroom apartment - G26 was unbelievable! No one above or below and can be turned into a three bedroom with the room next door. you don't have to worry about keeping the kids too quiet.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank VancouverFamilyof5

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor on your recent stay at Town Hall Hotel & Apartments. I am delighted to hear that you and your family really enjoyed your stay with us and that you appreciated our warm welcome by Andrea, for which he is famous for. It is always nice to know especially from an experience traveller as yourself that we were able to satisfy all your expectations and that you feel we are setting new standards in the industry. I am glad to hear that Andrea was always there ready to offer his assistance by sharing is great knowledge to entertain your children. I am also pleased to know that you found the building, the art deco of our public areas and the facilities the hotel has to offer to your like. Thank you also for mentioning all those areas nearby the hotel and for choosing the THH for your stay in London. I can confirm that I have already shared your comment with all the teams here and should you require any further assistance from the THH please do not hesitate to contact me directly. Many thanks and kind regards. Sandro Desole