“Great accomodation”
Review of Town Hall Hotel

Town Hall Hotel
Ranked #228 of 1,081 Hotels in London
Reviewed 3 November 2014

We enjoyed our stay. Great accomodation, friendly staff. Our children loved the swimming pool. We had an Appartement on the ground floor which was really nice. Next time we would prefer an Appartement on an upper floor to have more light in the rooms.
But I am sure that we will come back!!!

Stayed: October 2014, travelled with family
OpsMng, Director of Operations at Town Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2014

Dear guest, thank you for your review and I am glad to hear that you enjoyed you stay with us. It is great to know that you loved the accommodation and thank you for mentioning our staff friendliness. I am pleased to read that the kids loved their stay too and I am sure that pool was a major factor on this. Please do request a higher floor on your next visit at time of reservation and we will do all we can to accommodate your request. I hope to be able to welcome you and your family back at the THH in the near future. Many thanks and kind regards, Sandro Desole

Write a ReviewReviews (1,420)

Reviewed 3 November 2014

Our family of four had the most wonderful stay here in the Bethnal Green section of London. Originally I had intended on staying in central London at a more glamorous property. But when calculating the final price (500-750 per night inc. VAT X 2 rooms=1500) I decided to research further. I stumbled upon this property and made a booking within a 10 muin phone conversation. I would up with slightly less than a 1000 sq ft. encompassing 2 bedrooms, 2 baths and a living area and a kitchen (complete with washer/dryer) fo0r less than 500 USD. And daily breakfast for all. Considering it is only a short walk to the underground and a few stops from central London, you'd have to be insane to stay elsewhere.
Friendly to a fault staff including a wonderful concierge too
Clean, spotlessly clean. What else can I say?

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled with family

Dear guest, thank you for your note on our TripAdvisor page. I really enjoyed reading your feedback and I glad to know that we did not let you down on your choice to switch from an hotel in central London to this upcoming area. It is great to know that you found value for your money and it is correct that travelling from the hotel to central London is on a 15min ride on the tube. It has been a great pleasure to have had you here with us and I look forward to welcome you back at THH in the near future. Many thanks and kind regards, Sandro Desole

Reviewed 29 October 2014

There's a lot to like about this hotel, but it seems that not all the rooms are of the same quality. Last time I stayed on the top floor, which was excellent. This time my room was ground floor, directly under the restaurant I think. There was a lot of noise from above, and trucks were passing in the rear access road literally within 1 foot of my window as the road is so narrow. A lack of peace and quiet and no privacy. Not a good nights sleep at all. The tv reception and channel selection are not up to standard for a 5 star hotel, and some of the furniture is more shabby than chic.
I would still recommend staying here, but insist on a top floor room, as it's far more peaceful. The hotel staff are very good, but the hotel needs more consistency in its room quality.

Room Tip: Choose a top floor room, ground floor rooms suffer from noise from above and privacy issues.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Stuart L
OpsMng, Director of Operations at Town Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2014

Dear Guest, thank you for leaving us a review on our TripAdvisor page. I regret to hear that you did not enjoy your stay on your second visit to the hotel and I am very sorry to hear that you did not have a peaceful night stay. I would really appreciate if you could give me the room NO were you resided and dates of stay, so I can make further investigation on the incident. As you mentioned this is not a regular occurrence but still I wish to leave a note on your profile to be allocated a higher floor suite on your next visit to the hotel. Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused in this occasion and I look forward to hearing from you soon. Many thanks and kind regards, Sandro Desole

Reviewed 28 October 2014

Stayed at the Town Hall overnight as part of our multi-city UK trip. Historic building with a modern updated interior. All rooms are "apartments". Spacious with nice bath amenities and adequately stocked kitchen. While it has a very modern look, the walls are quite thin. We were directly underneath the reception hall and unfortunately there was a wedding. The music and dancing was so loud that we asked for another room. We were moved to a lower floor in a larger apartment but still the noise carried down the stairwell and into the hallway. Needless to say, we did not sleep very well at all that night.The bath fixtures were also a bit of a challenge. Thankfully, after about ten minutes of finagling, my husband figured it out.

As the taxi driver drove us through the neighborhood to our hotel, we started getting a very bad feeling about our surroundings. The neighborhood is littered with trash and graffiti. The local shops looked seedy and the local pubs and restaurants did not look very clean nor appetizing. But since we were tired from a long flight and we had prepaid through Jetsetter we were too tired to find a better option. And it was only for one night. How bad could it be? We asked the concierge for a decent place to eat that was within walking distance. After a short walk a few blocks and past a man with no pants nor underwear happily urinating on the sidewalk, we arrived at a very good restaurant (Bistrotek) thats a bit hard to find but quite good. The walk back was equally unnerving as we did not know what we would encounter. Thankfully, we made it back safely.

There is a lift in the hotel but there are several stairs leading up to the hotel entrance and there is not a doorman to help you with your luggage if you are carrying more than an overnight bag.

The continental breakfast was very good! The selection of breakfast breads, muffins, fruit, juices, coffees and teas were fantastic. And the retro feel of the hotel is also quite charming. It's too bad they are in such a sketchy neighborhood and that they did not invest a bit more on soundproofing between the rooms as you could here other guests conversing, snoring or watching television.

Room Tip: Bottom floor as far away from the reception or lobby area as possible.
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank livinit_10
OpsMng, Director of Operations at Town Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2014

Dear Guest, thank you for leaving us a review of your experience on our TripAdvisor page. I am glad to read that you like the hotel refurbishment with the mixture of old and new features. It saddens me to read though that you did not have a pleasent stay due to the music coming from the wedding reception we were hosting on that evening. Although you were moved to a quiter area of the hotel you were still not able to rest as the music went on until 11:30 pm. Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused in this occasion. Regarding the surroundings, being an upcoming area it still has under development but it is not dangerous since we have been open from 2010, with no harm ever been reported by our guests. Once again, please accept my apologies for not exiding you expectation in this occasion and I hope you will not be deterred from visiting the THH in the future. Many thanks and kind regards, Sandro Desole

Reviewed 27 October 2014

I have been to London several times but never stayed in this part of town. It was a pleasant surprise! It may seem a little run down in places, but it has character and it has soul. The Town Hall Hotel is nicely refurbished, keeping some of the old features, adding some stylish pieces of furniture. The gym and pool were excellent! We were perhaps a bit unlucky and got a basement room (because we wanted a twin), which was rather noisy and you could hear everything going on in the hall. The cleaning started at 7 in the morning, which was a bit earlier than I had hoped, and I wasn't able to sleep after that. The room itself was large by London standards and the bathroom was really nice, although I couldn't quite figure out why they put the shampoo and conditioner as far away from the (nice) shower as possible. All in all a very nice hotel that fell just short of top marks from me.

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank JornBerg

Dear Guest, thank you for your kind feedback left on TripAdvisor. I glad to read that you experience was a good one in this occasion. It saddens me to hear that you did not manage to rest enough due to the noise from our cleaning staff. Our cleaning department do not start cleaning into 8 am, so I was surprised to hear that you were disturbed at 7 am and I am investigating it now. Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused in this occasion and I hope this incident will not deter you from visiting the THH in the near future. Many thanks and kind regards, Sandro Desole

Reviewed 23 October 2014

I regularly stay at the Town Hall Hotel when I'm in London on business. I've stayed in a variety of rooms, all have been excellent. The staff are helpful and friendly, and the hotel facilities are very good. I wouldn't want to stay anywhere else if the Town Hall was available. Fantastic experience, every time without fail.

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Russt72

Dear Guest, thank you so much for your notes left on our TripAdvisor page. I am delighted to hear that you have always enjoyed your stay with us and mostly appreciate of you regular custom with us. Thank you so much for mentioning your appreciation of my colleagues hard work and I am sure there are proud when they read your review. I hope to be able to welcome you back at the hotel in the near future and should I be of further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me directly. Many thanks and kind regards, Sandro Desole

Reviewed 21 October 2014

I got a very nice large room (210)
the room is nice (wooden floor) and has a modern bathtub and coffee and tea machine.
the only problem is that you can hear every single word from your neibour as well from the street...
nice but I would not really consider this hotel as design...

Stayed: October 2014, travelled on business
OpsMng, Director of Operations at Town Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2014

Dear Guest, thank you for your review on our TripAdvisor page. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that thought our units to be specious and that you liked the wooden floor and bathtub. I am sorry to hear that you were disturbed by the nearby apartments and from the street noise. Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience caused in this occasion. I would really like to know why though you think the THH would not be an Design Hotel for you? Many thanks and kind regards, Sandro Desole