1,475 results
All reviewsbethnal greencorner roomvictoria parkcentral linetyping roombroadway marketbrick lanewasher dryerfull kitchenl'occitane toiletrieseast londonpool and gymespresso machineunique hotelmacaroonscocktail barthe lower ground floor
Reviewed October 2, 2017

This hotel was a little over our normal budget, but we pushed the boat out for our friends' wedding taking place on site, and it was well worth it. The whole place is beautifully appointed in an understated, quirky and interesting way. We got a friendly and sincere without being over-the-top welcome. Our room was vast, had tasteful and interesting vintage furniture (the huge wall-length glass cabinet filled with various different pots and jugs was quite arresting) and a beautiful bathroom with L'Occitane toiletries. Just my cup of tea. Speaking of which....good tea and coffee making facilities (sadly no creamer but we were happy to drink it black) add the usual safe, wardrobe, decent sized telly etc. and you have a pretty swanky hotel room. The bed was lovely and comfy. A nice touch was the smartphone you could borrow if need be to navigate around London for the day. We didn't need it, but I can see how useful that would be to visitors from abroad. In terms of location - well Bethnal Green Road isn't the prettiest, but the Museum of Childhood is just up the road, Columbia Road is a ten to fifteen minute walk away (and well worth it if you're in London on a Sunday morning for the flower market). We walked up to Brick Lane for a breakfast bagel so can't comment about the hotel catering, but it seemed reasonably priced compared to others I've stayed in at £8 for continental breakfast.
So, what I wish I'd known...
1. There's a pool - we didn't bring our cozzies. It may look familiar if you watched Strike on BBC1 recently.
2. Be warned - the cocktail bar is *not* cheap - after perusing the menu (£18 was the cheapest cocktail on there) we opted for tap water. Sad face. There are several shops across the road selling wine, and a corkscrew available in the room. Far less painful.

The worst thing about the hotel? The view from our room wasn't great - we were on the ground floor and looked out over a fairly unlovely yard. Some friends had a room on the third floor with much better views, framed by the metallic mesh on the outside of part of the building. If I had my time again I'd go for one of the upper floors. But we still loved it.

In summary - not a bad place to base yourself, easy to get to from central London, and for a treat, well, it was lovely.

Room Tip: The upper floors have better views through the metallic cladding, which is pretty cool
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
DirectorOfGuestServ, Director of Sales at Town Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2017

Dear Kelsarama,
My staff and I thank you for taking the time to review our property so thoroughly and for choosing to share it with the Trip Advisor community. If you can make yourself known and allow us to update your profile, we will ensure your next visit is more elevated. For others reading your observations, I would like to point out fresh milk is provided in half pint cartons from the help yourself fridge in the lobby. Failing that, a call to the front desk on '0' from the bedside phone, just ask for it to be delivered, free of charge! We also have a shop in the hotel, so if you really wanted we could have sold you some swim wear. Of course, Oxford Street is only 20 minutes away, on the Central Line...
Many thanks and please do come back soon!
Best regards
Paul Berncastle

Reviewed September 16, 2017 via mobile

I wasn't sure upon booking, but once we pulled in I could tell it was great. The check-in was not smooth, as i had to switch rooms and it took awhile, but the rooms are actual apartments, very spacious, tasteful, and fantastic quality. Great staff, very friendly! Decor is simple modern chic in renovated townhall, very unique. Small dining space and very limited menu but great food! Excellent indoor pool and gym. Overall very pleased and will definitely return.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
DirectorOfGuestServ, Guest Relations Manager at Town Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2017

Dear Matheos S,
Many thanks for your candid and complimentary review of Town Hall Hotel. we look forward to welcoming you back and invite you to try our famous Peg+Patriot cocktail bar and exclusive Michelin styled Typing Room Restaurant situated on the ground floor.
Thanks once again

Reviewed September 15, 2017

A great place all in all: quirky and stylish.
Lacking a bit in breakfast provision. Not a pleasant experience. They try too hard to make it different when it is not necessary. The breakfast room is also very impractical. The host tried to sit my 70 year old parents on a small stools.
Airconditioning in public areas is greatly lacking.
The inroom shopping option seemed a bit tacky for a "5 star" hotel. Smooth out these wrinkles and the town hall hotel would be hard to beat.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank jemfromwales

Dear jemfromwales,
Thank you for sharing your helpful observations and suggestions with the Trip Advisor community. I have passed them onto the relevant department managers for their perusal. Hopefully with the help of you and our other customers we will manage to achieve the perfection everyone desires.
Please visit again soon!
Thanks once again
Paul Berncastle

Reviewed September 12, 2017

My partner and I are fans of historical buildings so I surprised him with a visit for his birthday. We loved everything about our stay, such great value and we can't wait for our next visit. The building is beautifully done and the room set up makes the experience much more unique and homely. It's great being able to cook anything you want. Other highlights included the incredible bed and pool. We also just loved exploring the building all the little details were really appreciated. Would suggest some cooked options on room service breakfast but that is all. Perfect romantic staycation but equally suitable for visitors and business travellers.

Stayed: September 2017

Dear Anna-Claire C,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of THH with the rest of the Trip Advisor community. I have passed on your comments to the relevant staff and hope your return soon. Please encourage your friends to come along too as we need as many appreciative customers such as your selves to drown out the troll we seem to have picked up!
Many thanks

Reviewed September 12, 2017

We stayed for one night in early September as a relative was getting married at the hotel.

We were upgraded on arrival 9which was lovely) to a room with a lounge and kitchen. The room was really spacious and clean.

The only downside to our room, was that it was right at the end of a corridor and back onto what I assume was a car park of another building; at around 1-2 am there was lots of banging and shouting.

Other then that I cant fault the hotel, its like stepping back in time.

Definitely worth a visit.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
DirectorOfGuestServ, Front Office Manager at Town Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2017

Dear Tanali2015,
Really pleased you enjoyed your visit for the most part and regret you did not get your preferred view. Thanks for your compliments and please do come back soon. We can update your profile to ensure you are allocated a suite more to your liking.
kind regards