US$184
US$153
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$160
US$149
US$238
US$185
US$172
US$135
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$152/night.

Rhodes Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$80
US$72
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$87/night.

London House Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$142
US$113
Agoda.com
The Nadler Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
US$127
US$107
US$128
US$117
US$190
US$170
Travelocity
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$197/night.

Hotel 41(London)
US$401
Hotels.com
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$476/night.

1,471 results
All reviewsbethnal greencorner roomvictoria parkcentral linetyping roombroadway marketbrick lanewasher dryerfull kitchenl'occitane toiletrieseast londonpool and gymespresso machineunique hotelmacaroonscocktail barthe lower ground floor
Reviewed November 10, 2017

For a completely different, high-end hotel stay…go here! This is one savvy hotel oozing with character and charm. It was like staying in a museum for a Town Hall heritage; retro in style but forward-thinking service and trendsetting cuisine.

The rooms, the vibe, the staff, everything is so well thought through. It’s a place that lives and breathes history along every hallway and turn – and do take note of the pictures on your room walls. The creative food, the unique approach to drinks and complimentary milk fridge in the lobby were all delicious.

I was in a suite on the third floor and the room overall was thoughtfully designed with just the right amount of whimsical touches. The bed was heavenly, bathroom divine and a living room to feel like you've moved into your own personal place...and the complimentary mobile phone service is genius. After two weeks of travel, I loved the fact I could do my own laundry in the washer/dryer that comes with the room’s own kitchenette (detergent supplied complimentary).

Stayed as a guest for 4 nights while visiting a trade show at ExCel –easy and quick route in a taxi to commute, and Bethnal Green tube station is around the corner within 3 minutes walking. This area of London, and Shoreditch up the road, has definitely changed over the years and the hotel’s location is ideal to take in the more Bohemian trendy attractions from the Sunday Colombia Street market, V&A Children’s museum, Brick Lane curry houses and a stroll along Regent’s Canal.

If you want a traditional hotel stay, this is not your place. If you want an inspired, out-of-the-box stay and come away with stories to tell…look no further! As for Dizzie the resident greyhound ...you're one classy lady! Highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank fizzymisslizzy
DirectorOfGuestServ, Director of Guest Services at Town Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2017

Dear fizzymisslizzy,
We were all delighted to read the review you chose to share with the Trip Advisor community. For such an obviously well seasoned traveller, your carefully crafted entry must have taken some time and thought. Seriously, thank you very much! Many social media platform users 'weaponise' the resource, so it is lovely to see that my staff have been given the boost they deserve for all their hard work which they are frequently underappreciated for.
Do hurry back and remember book early for WTM next year!
Kind Regards
Paul Berncastle
Guest Services Director

Reviewed November 9, 2017 via mobile

The choice of hotels in London is almost endless, so to find a hotel that oozes character, in a location that has surprisingly a lot to offer is a winner.

Town Hall hotel is certainly not a corporate copy paste hotel, housed in a listed building , retaining many of its original features, in London’s east end, is a delightful place to stay for business or pleasure. On check in, i was as taken aback to see a greyhound in the lobby, and learn that it’s the house dog, a former greyhound racer rescued and now a permanent resident of this hotel.

The suite offers great space, with a sliding door in the living room reveals a small worktop with fridge, coffee making facilities, ideal for those staying a bit longer.

A lot of nice little touches around the hotel, just off the main lobby sits a smeg fridge with complimentary fresh milk cartons? The complimentary house bottled water in the room is also most welcomed.

I also found the smart phone for guest use, offering complimentary data for internet , free calls locally and internationally to many countries is a refreshing change and in tune with the times and techie world we live in these days. Hats off to the hotel manager.

The bar offers a range of luscious cocktails, prepared by an excellent mixologist, nice cool vibes, background music, without interrupting conversations .

Breakfast is spot on, continental breakfast on display, range of cold cuts , pastries , healthy options and hot items on a la carte is available.

I also appreciate the service, it’s more informal yet professional, on arrival to departure, excellent all around. On my departure, I met the Executive Housekeeper Paul Berncastle, whom I gave my feedback to of my stay, and was kind enough to spend some time telling me more about this wonderful hotel.

Thank you to the Town Hall Hotel team and I look forward to staying here again on my return to London.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business

Dear explorer_040913,
Thank you for choosing to visit us at Town Hall Hotel and for sharing your thoughts, compliments and other careful observations with the Trip Advisor community. I intern have passed your encouraging comments to the rest of the team who enjoy understanding your appreciation of all the hard work which goes into creating a memorable experience. We love that most of our guests 'get it' nearly all of the time and invite you to tell all your friends about us so they feel encouraged to follow in your footsteps. We want more guest like you so lease let me know when your next intended visit will be and I will do what I can to ensure our reputation meets the expectations we have become known for.
Many thanks again,
Paul Berncastle
Director of Guest Services

Reviewed November 7, 2017 via mobile

Loved my stay here! Nothing was too much trouble! The service was amazing! They even upgraded me for free because I wanted a bath and my room didn't have one.

They made me feel very special here from the upgrade, to helping me chose dinner in the restaurant, to closing my windows and making sure the heating was on at night, to delivering me more tea and water!

They have even made a note on my account to say I love baths and I must have a room with one, how thoughtful!

I will definitely stay here again - thank you

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
DirectorOfGuestServ, Guest Relations Manager at Town Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2017

Dear Lucy F,
Its always refreshing to hear when visitors to Town Hall Hotel feel appreciated and well treated, it is what we aim to do for all our guests and your recognition of the effort we make has been shared with the rest of the team, who join me in thanking you so very much for putting your thoughts and feelings into words others making use of this media platform.

Some less positive contributors might have said things like ,'there was not enough tea, there was no bath, the room was too cold'.... your perspective is positively heart-warming and makes all our hard work seem worth it. Thank you once again.
Paul

Reviewed November 6, 2017 via mobile

Stayed for one night on business and had a really enjoyable stay. Overly impressed with the quality and style of the rooms, nice amenities and wonderful building.
Pool was great too and had a room opposite so did hear the doors to the gym a few times
Overall great

Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo

Dear Markandnige,
The team at Town Hall Hotel join me in thanking you for your positive review and wish you a speedy return! Until the next time, kind regards
Paul

Reviewed November 2, 2017

Do not stay here on a special occasion or if you're celebrating something unless you want the most underwhelming experience of your life.

My (now) Husband and I have eaten at the Typing Room and had drinks at the Peg and Patriot many times and LOVED it so we couldn't have been more excited about booking the Town Hall Hotel for our wedding night - and then couldn't have been more disappointed!

We checked in incredibly late to the hotel post wedding (me in my wedding dress!) - and perhaps naively expect any kind of congratulations but were greeted by the most miserable receptionist who couldn't have cared less about our big day.

At breakfast the next morning and were again greeted by the most unenthusiastic miseries for staff who made us wait ages for a table (again, no congratulations or even a smile)...We weren't explained at all how breakfast worked but had booked a room with breakfast buffet included so just assumed we could eat from the buffet, and then order a hot dish which we were happy to pay for. After struggling to get someone to serve us for what felt like forever I ordered eggs benedict and went to look at the buffet - picking up a slice of bread and a piece of cheese......

We then headed to concierge as I'd forgotten a toothbrush - as we arrive the staff member was walking away and we had to wait for another 10-20 minutes before anyone bothered to even acknowledge we were there. All staff we could find just kept saying "there's another function on we're just busy".

We checked out (after another stupidly long wait) and discovered we'd been charged for breakfast the day before (I have no idea how they managed to work out we'd had breakfast the night after we hadn't even stayed there), plus 2 x hot breakfasts (fine) and continental breakfast on the day following the wedding (which was meant to be included, I'd only had a slice of bread and a piece of cheese!), plus late check out, which we'd also paid for in advance so we ended up paying twice. When my husband queried it he was told if he wanted to complain he'd have to wait for the manager and that would be another longer wait. Fed up and with families waiting, we left.

In any other situation I don't think these things would have bothered me as much, but given it was our wedding night I would have hoped one of the staff could have mustered a smile and made this stay even slightly special for us. The room cost a fortune and you expect with that really great service and something memorable, but instead we barely got ANY service and a memorable experience for an entirely different reason! Really gutted that this was the lasting memory of that stay after the best day of our lives!

To top it all off - my husband emailed to tell them all of this - and we were ignored! So I called to chase a week later, was told the supervisor would call me back - and NOTHING!

It reflects SO BADLY on what's meant to be a high end business who's job it is to serve people, make them feel welcome, and make their experience extra special that they literally can't be bothered to even reply to an email or pick up the phone. I genuinely have no idea how they can say they're a luxury hotel - for me, what makes something luxury isn't expensive toiletries but impeccable service. It's embarrassing. We should have just stayed at the Premier Inn and saved ourselves hundreds of pounds.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Chardeana
DirectorOfGuestServ, Director of Guest Services at Town Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2017

Dear Mr and Mrs Skelding,

My colleagues and I are sorry you felt let down after your recent Town Hall Hotel experience. Please let me take a moment to congratulate you upon the event of your recent nuptials and thank you for choosing to stay on your special night. The time taken to bring to our attention your less than satisfactory experience is something we value very much, your claims investigated very carefully.

Accepting the mistakes made regarding the charges you mention, simple human errors rectified immediately, my colleagues and I are sorry you felt let down.

Of course you are right, the circumstances you have described have caused great concern and are not what we prefer to be remembered for. You have shared your claims with the Trip Advisor Community, which is exactly what the platform is for, so whilst your comments conform to the content integrity regulations, I would like to advise having studied all of the CCTV associated with your time with us, it is difficult for to reconcile with that and the other evidence your opinions and observations.