“This is the kind of hotels we like”
Review of Town Hall Hotel

Town Hall Hotel
Ranked #228 of 1,081 Hotels in London
Reviewed 4 January 2018

Fantastic place, great location, luck with the price and room. We have booked it 2 days before arriving and had an apartment of 50 m² ! Two bedrooms, living room, kitchen...Great deco, good restaurant, breakfast for 8 pounds per person (children don't pay). 10 min walk from Bethnal Green Underground which brings you everywhere in London within minutes...we will certainly be back.

Room Tip: LG14 was fantastic but ask for an apartment if free...
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
DirectorOfGuestServ, Director of Guest Services at Town Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2018

Dear Stef H,
We are all delighted at Town Hall Hotel you enjoyed your time with and the part we played in helping you enjoy your trip to London. Please tell all your friends about the Hotel and its easy links to the local area and the city centre.
Hopefully we c an welcome you and your friends here again soon.
Thanks again
Paul

Write a ReviewReviews (1,420)

Reviewed 24 December 2017 via mobile

Had my Xmas party that night in Liverpool Street and had the day off so treated myself to an afternoon and night here. Absolutely wonderful hotel - beautifully restored, stunning Christmas decorations, friendly and helpful staff from the minute I walked in until I left. Gorgeous, clean, and well appointed room - I had an Executive Studio. Lovely pool and gym area. Perfect location for staying in the City but not amongst all the hustle and bustle of the financial district. Would definitely stay here again! Thank you Town Hall Hotel.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank FreenLDN
DirectorOfGuestServ, Director of Guest Services at Town Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2017

Dear FreenLDN,
Thank you for leaving such a positive and refreshing review for us to share with the Trip Advisor Community and colleagues. It is always lovely when others appreciate our hard work, making it all seem worth it. Visit us again soon please and remember to tell all your friends about us too!
Many Thanks

Reviewed 19 December 2017 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel for one night. On arrival we were early so our room wasn’t ready however reception offered to take our bags for us which was great. We stayed in an executive suite which was lovely. The room had great amenities, the bed was comfy and the room even had your own kitchen if you needed it. Had continental breakfast included with our booking however we paid for a full English which was very nice and worth the price. Check out was efficient and staff are all very friendly. Overall had a lovely stay however the area the hotel is located in is not the best which is a shame.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank paigecollett
DirectorOfGuestServ, Director of Guest Services at Town Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2017

Dear Paigecollett,
Thank you for taking the time to prepare a review for our Trip Advisor page. Your compliments and recognition of the hard work we do at our second home - much appreciated and shared with all involved.
Please visit again soon.
Best wishes for a good Christmas

Reviewed 17 December 2017 via mobile

I stayed overnight in the Town Hall Hotel, Bethnal Green, London on a business ‘offsite’ and it is an absolute gem. The building has been beautifully and sympathetically converted into a hotel but retaining many original features. The food was excellent and the staff very helpful and friendly. Highly recommended for a business or personal stay.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank RMS542772

Dear RMS542772,
Thank you for recommending Town Hall Hotel to other members of the Trip Advisor Community. We have tried to capture the essence of the East End by recruiting local artists, experts and suppliers within the region, whilst maintaining the authenticity of the property as faithfully as possible. We are glad you liked it.
Thanks once again.

Reviewed 12 December 2017

This hotel has a post war 1950s theme. It should be stunning but in fact many of the 50's artefacts scattered around the hotel really look rather shabby and might be better placed in a house clearance store. There has been some imaginative design to turn a municipal building in to a hotel but it does fall well short of luxurious. The best part was the bed which we found very comfortable. Our room, and I think others have the same, had a shower and toilet in the bed room behind a glass panels. Some may well feel this is uber trendy but frankly I do not wish to be viewed on the throne even by my nearest and dearest. There is a flimsy curtain that can be pulled across between the bed area and the shower but the feeling of exposure is still the same. There is no ventilation to the shower / toilet area so the floor in that area remains wet and smells linger.
The breakfast was sensibly priced and of reasonable quality although the breakfast rooms were rather dull. In fact 1950's furniture styling is quite dull and nothing like as comfortable as modern furnishings. The building itself is quite impressive but in our view the promise it offers on arrival is not delivered by the overall experience. In the end, I suggest you be guided by price. I thought we had paid too much for what we got but at 25% less I would have thought it quite good value. I suspect this hotel would appeal more to those in their 20s and 30s. It was not a bad experience just not as good as it could have been.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chris C
DirectorOfGuestServ, Guest Relations Manager at Town Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2017

Dear Chris C,
Thank you for sharing your compliments, supportive and helpful observations with us and the Trip advisor community after your recent visit to Town Hall Hotel. The easel chalk board with its quips, updated daily, has become somewhat of an institution at the hotel and amongst the surrounding community, is very popular and shared around the world on many media platforms, we are delighted you enjoyed it. Your recognition of the newness of the staff you interacted with is understood, however, there is always someone on duty able to answer any questions you may have.
Thank you once again!

Reviewed 11 December 2017

I stayed in one of the studios, which has an excellent, spacious layout, with full kitchen, living area, king bed and a fantastic, oversized bathroom
The public rooms like the council plenary, reception and corner room restaurant give a contemporary update to the historic site.
The only but is the quality of staff - everybody seems nice enough, but is strangely uninformed or helpless in answering customer requests. I interacted with at least 10 staff members from reception on to restaurant staff during my stay, and I can't imagine everybody is new and in training there
So the attached pic I took at reception was kind of the staff motto

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Christian T

Dear Christian T
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about Town Hall Hotel with us on our Trip Advisor page. Your compliments and helpful observations are most welcome. The design furniture is original Swedish Ercol, which has been bought at auctions and from antique shops, lovingly and sympathetically refurbished, the art works, carefully curated over the years by experts and local contributing artists we tremendously value and enjoy supporting. Being a trendy design boutique hotel, we understand the décor and furnishings might not be to the taste of all our guests, however we are proud to be able to endorse the success of our local and little known artists and architects in this way. Many of our returning guests have met, courted, wined, dined, got married, had their children and taught them to swim in our lovely pool, all in the comfort of the Town Hall Hotel, so if you like this sort of thing please come and see us again soon and tell all your friends too.
Thank you once more.

Reviewed 7 December 2017 via mobile

This is without doubt the most spectacular, individual and unique hotel I have ever had the pleasure of frequenting. From the moment you arrive, you feel transported to a place far, far away from everyday life. The only way I can describe it is similar to watching the Epic file 'Titanic' as this is how I felt Perusing the halls and corridors of this One off property. It's opulence was like stepping back in time to 'like I said' the Titanic or equally similar grand structure.

The whole hotel is essentially 1 large museum and Art Gallery dedicated to uniqueness and Art Deco chic. This isn't a hotel for the mainstream, it's far more although anyone who appreciates a relaxed & comfortable ambience will love it here. From Dizzy the Dog to the whole laid back coolness of the staff, this is a real jewel and rare find. It's like nothing else in London and in the world for that matter. I travel a lot and actually work in the luxury hospitality sector, so I know something very very special when I see it. This has not been cookie cut like a Hilton, it's an absolute 1 of a kind and I'd encourage anyone who likes something different to visit.

I stayed in room 101 which is a signature suite and 'Wow' what a room. Unlike nothing I've ever experienced before, it was an experience I'll never forget. This hotel is world class for those wanting a destination hotel as opposed to hotel room as once you check in, you'll never want to leave.

See pics of my visit which are like scenes from a movie.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Damien T
DirectorOfGuestServ, Director of Guest Services at Town Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2017

Dear Damian T
Thank you for taking the time to share your positive, thoughtful observations with the Trip Advisor Community. My staff and I are very grateful and hope your contribution encourages many like minded potential guests to rush and make bookings. Please tell all your friends about us, who will be welcomed with open arms.
We look forward to your prompt return and invite you to get in touch when you do.
Kind regards and best regards