The Lavender Guest House
US$272
US$160
Rhodes Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$73
Park Grand London Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
US$94
US$217
US$206
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
The Nadler Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
US$110
US$93
Agoda.com
All reviewsclapham junctionlovely guesthousehome from hometrain stationvery pleasant stayvisit londonstayed nightseasy accessminute walkbatterseasunroomfridge
Reviewed 26 May 2012

We spent 5 nights at the Lavender Guest house, all in all a very pleasant stay. Nice rooms, clean and comfortable. We got a bit surprised the first morning as the full English brekkie was a choice of Beans on toast or scrambled eggs, not a full English!! Disappointed but we still managed with what we got. Also, the manager was a bit rude with the staff in the breakfast room, the girl was probably new but he was pointing to her all the time how she was doing things wrong, we could hear everything in the breakfast room, I felt sorry for the poor girl.
Location is good, the bus stop just across the road, the area used to be a bit dodgy, still is at times, but the area behind the Lavender was very nice with small shops, restaurants and cafés. I would recommend the B&B to others but still feel a bit mislead in regards to the promised full English brekkie.

Room Tip: room number five has a toilet inside the cupboard, you can hardly fit in there.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Jeppis
Reviewed 19 May 2012

I had a wonderful experience staying at the Lavender Guest House. I arrived late coming from Geneva for the weekend en route to Charlottetown, and was welcomed by Tony who showed me to my room. The location is fantastic and close to the train station which will take you any where you'd like to go in London. The rooms are quaint, clean and comfortable. I loved the fact that there were actual metal keys for your room and a hand written receipt upon check out. I have not returned to London since this visit but have recommended the Lavender Guest house to numerous friends traveling there. This is definitely a place I will stay at the next time I vacation to London.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 May 2012

Very nice and friendly guest house. Fresh and cosy rooms with everything you need, including free WiFi. You get well taken care of here. The breakfast is ok, abouth average for british standards. The communication couldn't get much better, since Clapham Junction station is around the corner and you'll be in central London in no time.
The only thing I can critisize is the heating. Even at maximum setting, the radiators switched off from time to time and then the room got quite cold.

All in all I can really recommend the Lavender Guest House. It's good value for the money and I will definately return.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank MarcG-75
Reviewed 8 May 2012

I stayed six nights. I had to switch rooms at one point so that one of my friends could join me the last two nights. I was at a conference, and didn't even have time to pack my bags to make the switch, and they did it for me.

The place is clean as a whistle, and the staff extremely friendly and accommodating. Hi speed wireless internet, good TV, and handy to the Clapham Junction train station.

Room Tip: website shows pics of all the rooms...I was on the very top in a single for 4 nights, and on the ground floor in a triple for 2 nights....both were great.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank DDrakeJL
Reviewed 22 April 2012

The Lavender Guest House is tucked away in a pleasant quiet location just seconds away from Clapham Junction that consists of excellent transport links, to countless bars, pubs, restaurants and other amenities. All in all the Guest house has everything anyone could ask for, its clean, comfortable, extra blankets in the wardrobe (which weren't needed as the rooms were at a comfortable homely temperature) and breakfast is lovely.
From the moment we checked in to checking out, Tony was very professional, warm and willing to help. I definately recommend The Lavender Guest House to friends, family and to all my fellow trip advisors.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple