“Loved the stay”

Park Grand London Paddington
Ranked #346 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 26 February 2012

I arrived at the hotel in the morning and was told that the room wasn't ready but that I could store the luggage which meant that I didn't have to carry it around until 2pm checkin in time. I had booked for a club double room and was very impressed when I got to the room as there was a nice fruit basket with fresh fruit, bottle of water and a half bottle of wine. All the staff was very helpful and friendly. I enjoyed every aspect of the stay!

• Stayed: February 2012
PGHotelManagement, Manager at Park Grand London Paddington, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for taking out your valuable time for writing comment with regards to your stay with us. It encourages us to improve and strive for the best service to all our guests. I have shared your valuable feedback with my team members. We hope that you will visit us soon and give us the chance once again to serve you in near future. regards Nitish Bhatt

Reviewed 25 February 2012

We have just stayed at this hotel, and everything is excellent: attention, location, rooms, breakfast, bar. It is a really four stars hotel.

Room Tip: If you want a quiet and residential location, but near to he subway, this is the place.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 24 February 2012

First things first. I booked through an online booking agency and received a great price for two weeknights in London. (I booked a club room for £103 per night.) When I arrived, check-in was fast and friendly. However, when I noticed that they had given me a single room (which I had known to be incredibly small), I pointed out my reservation confirmation showing a club room. After a few minutes of discussion, they gave me a club room. I don't know if the hotel was wrong or the booking agency was wrong, but the hotel made good. It was a good start.

The hotel is only a few minutes from Paddington Station. If you have an early flight, you can catch the 5:10 AM Heathrow Express and be in the terminal by 5:50. It is located in a nice area of upscale town homes and boutique hotels.

The room was a decent size with a large bed, a desk, two side tables, and a minibar. The bathroom was large, but half of that is taken up by the shower. I was concerned that the shower would spray water all over everything, but with the curtain closed, it was no too much of problem. The bed was comfortable. The wired internet connection was fast and free. The hotel was quiet.

It was unusually warm there when I stayed. The air conditioning in the room, I think, was not operational for the winter. The room was too warm, but I was able to open the window a little bit, and that kept the room at a nice temperature. The room was not on the street side, so it was quiet, even with the window open. I did not have breakfast at the hotel, so I will make no comment about that.

In general, the hotel's strong point is its location. Food, transportation, sightseeing, etc. are all very close. Plus, with a clean and comfortable room at a really good price, what's not to like?

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 23 February 2012

I booked the hotel as a result of the reviews on booking.com. I booked it with the knowledge I was going to have a long day and needed some comfort and great facilities. I arrived at around 8pm to be told that some of the rooms were out of order and I would be transferred to another hotel 2 streets away. I complied, assured there was room service. I was made to pay there and then whilst I wasn't staying there. I was so tired I didn't even have the energy to argue. After a long 10mins a taxi pulled up. The driver let me struggle onto the taxi and then shoved me out the next hotel which was sub standard compared to this one. Once I had got my key I was then told "no room service but here's a takeaway menu" WHAT? So I expressed my unhappiness to be told there were rooms available in the previous hotel ie this one and would I like to return. I had lost the will to live at this point and decided a bed was a bed. I would NOT recommend this hotel due to anyone based on my experience.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank lizkemp
PGHotelManagement, Manager at Park Grand London Paddington, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2012

Dear Guest,

Your feedback is very much appreciated. I am sorry to know that your experience with us was not a good one. I would appreciate if you could contact me directly in order to discuss your experience and to understand the situation in depth.

Once again, please accept our sincere apologies once again and I hope that you will get in touch with me or will be kind enough to write to me on nitish@shaftesburyhotels.com, in details for me to understand the issue and to take the necessary steps accordingly.

regards,
Nitish Bhatt

Reviewed 23 February 2012

The hotel is situated about 5-7 minutes away from Paddington station, the area it is located in was definitely full of places to go to for a meal or just a simple coffee. I came to London on a theatre trip with my wife and was very happy with the help that all the staff were prepared to offer from the time of checkin until the time of checkout. The hotel provides free wifi which is great. When it came to booking the tickets to the theatre we asked reception for help and they suggested for us to use the club lounge where we could book and print of the confirmation for the theatre, definitely a great stay!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank phil g
PGHotelManagement, Manager at Park Grand London Paddington, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2012

Reviewed 23 February 2012

My stay at park grand was for a business trip so I wanted a good nights sleep and good service; when I checked in the reception staff were all very friendly, the checkin was done quickly and very professionally. I was happy with my room it wasn't really big but it was cosy and very comfortable, when I went to checkout the reception staff provided me with a copy of my receipt and was asked if I needed help in getting a taxi which I thought was very professional.

• Stayed: January 2012

Reviewed 23 February 2012

I came to stay at the park grand hotel for a weekend away so what I expected was to enjoy all the aspects of the stay and that is exactly what happened. All the staff at the hotel were nice and very helpful. When I arrived checkin was quick and professional I was told where my room was and was offered help to take the luggage to the room. I went for breakfast in the morning which was english breakfast buffet but there was also a selection of continental breakfasts, all the staff in the restaurant were also very friendly. Overall, I was very happy as I got what I expected.

• Stayed: February 2012