“Good discover ”

Good for: Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Shoreditch
Reviewed April 5, 2018 via mobile

We went on bank holiday and there were a lot of people, we did not have a reservation but we were seated quickly.
the menu is very varied, we decided to take a san daniele pizza and a sunday roast menus as main dishes and a carpaccio and a tempura as starters.
the tempura was delicious and very well presented and the sunday roast, I think of the best I have eaten in my trips to london.
For dessert we ordered a cheese board and a panna cotta basil which surprised us a lot.
the service very good, all of them very attentive and friendly, all of them willing to make you feel at home.
We will definitely go back.

Fuimos en un puente y estaba a rebosar de gente, sin reserva pero nos sentaron bastante rápido.
Tienen un menú muy variado que va más allá de las pizzas, pedimos un menu Sunday roast, pizza san Daniele, carpaccio y tempura de verduras, la tempura es muy generosa y nada grasienta, el Sunday roast, un trozo de carne muy respetable y tierno. De postre una tabla de quesos y una panna cotta a la albahaca que nos sorprendió por la textura y el sabor.
En cuanto al servicio, con toda la gente que había era todos atentos y amables, nos quitaron a las migas de la mesa, y nos servían agua constantemente, en España servicios así los encuentras en restaurantes mucho más caros.
Sin duda volveremos, eso si, reservando antes.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,327)

Reviewed April 4, 2018

I happened to visit Pizza East twice within a week, which says a lot - and had the same thing too - a basic cheese and tomato pizza. The food self was really good - my fellow diners were also impressed - the pizzas are large! The mac and cheese is also very good. The quality was fairly consistent between by two visits, with the second pizza a little more ‘firm’ than the first! The service is quick although the restaurant was busy and the staff friendly. I would recommend, so long as you are aware it’s slightly more expensive than other pizza chains - a basic pizza is around £10 and a coke is £3.25! (Shoreditch pricing!)

Reviewed April 3, 2018 via mobile

Great place and atmosphere however the service was incredible slow the both times I’ve been and the waiting list is just too much .

Reviewed March 29, 2018 via mobile

I went in here on the cuff and was surprised when I got inside.
From the outside I didn't realise how big this place was. Although it was late at night the place was packed and had a great atmosphere. Kind of club like even though it is a pizza restaurant.
I sat facing the kitchen area on a stool. It was fascinating was the line of pizzas and other food being made in front of me.
I had the garlic bread for a starter and then a prawn pizza for a main. The food was freshly made and was lovely and tasty.
I would certainly go back again for the food.
The pizzas are cooked in stone ovens wood fired.
When I went to the toilet they were scruffy. The drinks were long white trough sinks and someone had obviously been sick in one. There was paper on the toilet floor and one of the cubicles had water on the floor and a loose toilet seat. Wasn't sure if the other cubicles were even in use as everyone seemed to be waiting for the same one. There were also rowdy groups in the toilets and someone really needed to get a grip on them.
Although I would return here for the food and the kitchen hygiene looked ok, if the toilets were just as bad I wouldn't go again

1  Thank John P
Reviewed March 29, 2018 via mobile

Awful just awful - I don’t know how people can work in this environment all day. The music is far too loud and because of this everyone is just shouting at each other to be heard. However good the food is I will never go back. Left with a headache.