I've given the hotel a "Very Good" rating as it's nearer this than "Average". I stayed here on a Sunday evening and arrived at 8pm. Check in was pretty speedy, although there was a small computer error. I'd booked a guaranteed Thames view room and, given the size of the windows (as you can see from the photo). The room was modern and large with a lovely bathroom but, and this may have just been us, we really struggled with the lighting and air con. Perhaps on being shown to your room it would be good to be shown how to work them as they do differ a little from the norm.
The bed was very comfy so full marks for this, however we did find the room a little noisy and it seemed to make random noises which woke both of us up a couple of times. Also, we were on the 1st floor and is just above a walkway (so a man got a bit of a shock when I opened the curtains in the morning!) - I'd suggest to the hotel that they use rooms on this floor last (however they may already do this as I'm unsure if the hotel was full)
As you can see from my photos the view of the Thames isn't quite as nice in the day (but that's hardly the fault of the hotel)
The hotel isn't ideally located for the tube or train, however the hotel does publicise this and offers a free shuttle to and from both the nearest tube and train stop.
All in all I recommend this hotel, it's very reasonably priced for London (especially given the size of the rooms) and I like the modern desin and eco-friendliness (although I do agree with the comments from the previous review by Oxcat1 that there are areas they could improve upon with their eco-friendliness)
And finally... there was a small box of chocolates and birthday card waiting in the room on arrival, which was a nice gesture and much appreciated.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rafayel on the Left Bank boasts 70 designer "smart" rooms, champagne bar, riverside restaurant and conference facilities, exhibition spaces as well as the latest spa and beauty treatments and gym. Rafayel is one of the world's most advanced luxury green hotels and proves that hotels can dramatically reduce their carbon emission output without compromising on five-star luxury, quality or comfort. Located on the River Thames at the heart of London's most dynamic riverside development, with sweeping views across to Chelsea Harbour, Rafayel is minutes from the shopping areas of Sloane Square and Knightsbridge and is close to Victoria Station and London's major attractions. Rafayel provides a free shuttle service to and from Clapham Junction and Clapham Common on Northern line every 30 minutes from 7.30 AM to 10.30 PM. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity.ca, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Rafayel on the Left Bank - Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rafayel On The Left Bank Hotel London
- Rafayel On The Left Bank - Hotel And Spa