The Rafayel is a jewel of a hotel - the only downside is its location. It suffers in being on the southside of the Thames, making access to the city difficult. Thhe rooms on the Thames are nothing short of amazing- I loved sitting in bed and looking out at the water and the boats go by. The Thames-side rooms are in the front of the hotel- in a separate building that also houses the restaurant. The room we had had everything you could want-a nice large bathroom, a frig, nicely decorated room-and the view! The restaurant, while a limited menue, has one interesting erk-if you are staying here, any 2 or 3 course meal is half price, making it a very good deal. The hotel offers free shuttle to either Clapham Common tube station or Clapham Junction train station and this is fine but you have to book at least a half hour in advance and wait if the car is full. However, the number 170 bus stops literally right in fron of the hotel and goes to Victoria-making the trip into London a piece of cake- I used this frequently.
I think the staff of this hotel is young and still learning- they are friendly and happy to do anything but housekeeping especially, is not as on top of things as one would expect in a 5* hotel. The hotel has followed the European way of having down duvets on all the beds- which is great in winter- not so great in warm weather! I haven't figured out why an eco-friendly hotel would do that considering that the only solution was to lower the temp in the room to freezing temps so one could sleep without lying in a pool of sweat! All in all I liked the hotel but consider the location ann issue.Perhaps when the redevelopment of the area is complete, that won't be an issue.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rafayel on the Left Bank boasts 70 designer "smart" rooms, champagne bar, riverside restaurant and conference facilities, exhibition spaces as well as the latest spa and beauty treatments and gym. Rafayel is one of the world's most advanced luxury green hotels and proves that hotels can dramatically reduce their carbon emission output without compromising on five-star luxury, quality or comfort. Located on the River Thames at the heart of London's most dynamic riverside development, with sweeping views across to Chelsea Harbour, Rafayel is minutes from the shopping areas of Sloane Square and Knightsbridge and is close to Victoria Station and London's major attractions. Rafayel provides a free shuttle service to and from Clapham Junction and Clapham Common on Northern line every 30 minutes from 7.30 AM to 10.30 PM. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity.ca and Agoda so you can book your Rafayel on the Left Bank - Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rafayel On The Left Bank - Hotel And Spa
- Rafayel On The Left Bank Hotel London