19,615 results
All reviews big ben london eye studio room iconic view primo bar modern hotel south bank big hotel the executive lounge excellent location sofa bed fantastic hotel lounge area an upgrade mini bar tube station westminster
Reviewed March 20, 2012

Visited this hotel for the second time for a conference last week. Even though it has absolutely top class design and athmosphere, I was very irritated about the electricity in my room which was constantly turned off while I was working. When addressing this at the desk I was informed the electricity is on a timer and a movement switch. Apparently that did not work as it was turned off while I was walking from one side of my studio to the other.

Also I was unhappy about the diners I had. The first night I went down to Joey's who has great dishes. Really good looking and tasty. Unfortunately the bed of ratatouille under my salmon was partly cold,... The second night I ordered diner through room service. The pork ribs were a disaster, really untasty and quite expensive,....

Finally the bottom of the shower wall showed some mildew, really an unnecessary pity for such a great looking hotel and room.

Absolutely great is the well performing wifi in the room (included in room rate), and the two large size LCD screens with internet access.

Room tip: Studios are very nice with a small living area.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank SennamaxNL
ParkPlazaWestminster, Manager at Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2012

Dear Sennamax71,

Thank you for your review.

I am sorry to note the poor experience you had on your recent stay. We have recently had a number of great reviews, therefore it is disappointing to read your feedback.

However, we appreciate your review and the opportunity to address your concerns, therefore, please could I ask you to confirm your name and the dates of your stay.

Thank you.

Reviewed March 19, 2012

Great hotel, just spent one night there after a function in London. Modern, clean, funky. Very functional. All general areas a little dark but that added to the funkiness. The bed was super comfortable, air con in the room really good and easy to change. Check-in quick, check-out even quicker. The staff I spoke to were friendly and helpful.

We had a standard double room which was plenty big enough.

3  Thank Topsey-Turner
ParkPlazaWestminster, Manager at Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2012

Dear Topsey-Turner,

Thanks for great review.

We love being different and funky!

Hope to see you soon on your next travels.

Reviewed March 18, 2012

Fantastic room with two 37" tv screens, microwave, fridge, bath and shower, very nice bed and we even got a room with a view to the houses of parliament. Great bar with live music (who were great) every night, can't recommend it enough!!

2  Thank iampg
ParkPlazaWestminster, Manager at Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2012

Dear Iampaulgiles,

What a great review, thank you.

Glad you enjoyed the complementary upgrade and Primo bar certainly does have some great entertainment. Keep an eye on the Park Plaza website on future visits for who will be playing.

Look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed March 18, 2012

We spent four nights at this large, modern hotel during March in a superior room with internal view on the 9th floor. Because of its location, the room received minimal natural light so it was necessary to keep interior lights on most of the time. It also became stuffy frequently, so we had to turn on the A/C, though it was quite cold outside. The location, however, also meant a quiet ambiance and a good night's sleep.

We appreciated the extremely comfortable queen bed and its equally comfortable pillows. Other furnishings included two chairs, a desk, a fridge and a large TV with myriad channels. In addition, the room had a safe, bathrobes, slippers, an iron and an ironing board. The bathroom included a separate shower stall and a tub, complete with a little orange rubber ducky. The room was immaculate and well-maintained by Housekeeping throughout our stay.

We experienced a couple of glitches. First, the television was not working when we arrived and no one came in response to our initial complaint to Reception. Many hours later, we called again and a man came quickly and fixed the problem. Second, wi-fi did not work for us in the room for our entire stay. This was frustrating.

The staff proved to be exceptional in their attitude and helpfulness. Everyone seemed to truly enjoy their jobs and dealing with guests.

We found the location to be perfect for our needs. It was an easy walk to many places, including the Eye, Parliament and Big Ben, the Thames' South bank and Trafalgar Square. Westminister and Waterloo tube stations are nearby as are many bus stops.

For those who prefer to pay less than the GBP 19.50 per person for a continental breakfast, there is a cafe at ground level with more reasonable prices. A Starbucks is nearby and there are many places serving reasonably priced breakfasts on Lower Marsh Road.

Overall, we had a very good stay here and I will definitely recommend the hotel to friends.

2  Thank Rumples

Thank you Rumples for your review.

Overall a good stay and I’m glad you enjoyed your nights rest. Sorry about the glitches you experienced. If you could tell me your room number I’ll have this checked out.

Thanks for the recommendation and we all look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed March 18, 2012

I've stayed here a few times with work. It reminds me of one of those Las Vegas hotels. It's huge - 11 floors (I think) and perhaps 80 rooms per floor. The ground floor includes a coffee shop, while reception is on a floor above, but not called the first floor. Generally, check in is nice and swift with friendly staff who don't insist on a credit card for 'extras.' The hotel's common colour is black, but done in a tasteful way. The rooms tend to have a living area with sofa and TV, a narrow corridor space with a door to the bathroom, plus a sink and microwave (hidden behind panels) and a fridge - not just a minibar. The bedroom space includes some of the most comfortable beds I've slept in while travelling (although I do wish they'd have fewer twin rooms) and a large flat screen TV. Rooms either look out over the roads or inwards towards reception. Wifi/internet is free, and the connection is strong.

The restaurant is described as one of the best in London but I tend to head out towards South Bank for something to eat - much cheaper and a great atmosphere. Nearest tube is Waterloo, and it's 30 seconds from Westminster. A great location, and generally good value. One of the few hotels where business and tourist travellers can relax.

One word of warning: Breakfast is very expensive and mediocre.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank David H

Thanks Travellinghiggy for your review.

It has been greatly received and I appreciate your comments re. breakfast.

Thank you.