“Room with a treat”

GreenLeadersGold level
london
“Room with a treat”
Reviewed 24 May 2012

I took my fiance to london for his bday, I mentioned on my reservation it was my fiances bday. There was a nice suprise waiting for us in room there was a small cake with happy birthday written in chocolate on the plate. I thought this was a really nice gesture, the room was really nice big clean spacious. we did get a room with a view but of the wrong kind, we saw into other peoples rooms rather than westminister Bridge.
The one draw back I would point out was the breakfast, for the amount we paid i would expect to be seated on a breakfast table and not in the bar, where seats are low and not acceptable. when i mentioned to the waitress they took long to come back that we just had a little breakfast then left, it did not do my back any favours.
Also for the amount breakfast cost, i wouldve exoected breakfast to be delivered to our table.
overall the experience was good and would stay there again.

Room Tip: mention on the time of reservation the occassion, never know you might get a present.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
ParkPlazaWestminster, Manager at Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London, responded to this review, 25 May 2012
Dear BV_07,

Thank you for your review.

We’re glad you and your finance enjoyed your stay with us.

We have a number of options for breakfast, many like to sit in the bar, however, there is the second restaurant, on your next visit please do state your preference and we’ll ensure we accommodate you to your satisfaction.

We also have the option of the Executive Lounge package at £39 per couple which includes 2 breakfasts, tea and coffee all day, full afternoon tea and then canapés and drinks from a full bar until 8pm. Keep an eye out on our website for the park Plaza package and you may even get this for £25. Another option is the Illy Espressement coffee shop on the ground floor, similar in style and price to a Prêt or a Starbucks.

Whatever your preference or choice we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,315)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Yorkshire
Reviewed 23 May 2012

I stayed here for one night for work and really enjoyed my stay. I was upgraded to a room on the 14th floor (but with an internal view), as far as I could make out the upgrade meant I had an additional sink, microwave and crockery which I didn't use.

I liked the modern stylish decor, the 6 foot bed, the well-equipped bathroom with separate shower and huge flatscreen tv, the bathrobes and slippers were welcome too. I used the pool and steam room, the pool is long and narrow. I was lucky enough to be the only one there at first which was lovely. Like a lot of hotel pools it would fill up quite quickly with just a few people. The atmosphere is buzzing in the bar and service fast.

I think the only drawback is that they clearly find it hard to cope with the large numbers of guests at breakfast. I expected food cooked to order for the price, not a self-service. The cold buffet was good, the hot food nothing special, I wish I'd used room service which had a wider choice. We got a table, but there were places set on low coffee tables by sofas which I would not have wanted to eat breakfast at.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
ParkPlazaWestminster, Manager at Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London, responded to this review, 24 May 2012
Dear Traveller55,

Thanks for your great feedback.

Glad you were able to fully utilise our hotel. Sorry about breakfast, a great tip for your next visit are the following options, we have the Executive Lounge package at £39 per couple which includes 2 breakfasts, tea and coffee all day, full afternoon tea and then canapés and drinks from a full bar until 8pm. Keep an eye out on our website for the park Plaza package and you may even get this for £25. Another option is the Illy Espressement coffee shop on the ground floor, similar in style and price to a Prêt or a Starbucks.

We hope to see you again soon.

Oshawa, Canada
Reviewed 23 May 2012

We just returned from a quick visit to celebrate our wedding anniversary and were very impressed with this hotel. The location is unbelievable, being right at the East end of Westminster Bridge. This made easy walking distance to most sights (The Abbey, Palaces, the Eye, Trafalgar Square, etc.) and short cab rides to the rest (Galleries, Covent Garden Market, Theatre District, Soho, etc.).

Our package included a “Superior Room”, which is the base room. For £55 per night we upgraded to a “Studio” that had separate sitting and sleeping areas plus an exterior view. It also had a wet bar including dishes, extra wine glasses for hosting friends all of which was very handy.

Service was excellent. I had difficulty with my laptop connecting and I am not very savvy. The technician who came to reset a tripped breaker (my own fault) in the suite also spent nearly half an hour getting me on line. The concierge was extremely helpful in confirming our pick-up time to get back to LHR.

Our trip was supposed to include a full English breakfast. As it turned out we were only entitled to the Continental Buffet. This was more than adequate and, in reality, was nothing like a Continental breakfast one gets on the ‘continent’. Full hot and cold buffet, fresh cheeses, yoghurt, breads and a cereal bar. Juices, coffee, tea and speciality coffees all included.

The on-site restaurant was rated 9/10 by some local Critic purported to be very harsh. We only give it a 7.5 - 8/10 and found it to be a bit pricey compared to other excellent fare available within walking distance. Also, a bit strange that no British beer was offered on tap, Japanese/Dutch and one other that escapes me now.

Overall, a fantastic visit and, when we return to London, we will stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Thanks Tango9R for your great review and five star rating.

I’m glad we made you feel welcomed and assisted you where needed.

It’d be our pleasure to welcome you again soon.

Wesley Chapel, Florida, United States
Reviewed 23 May 2012

My wife and I had a great stay in this hotel for 3 nights. I can't think of a better location for visiting London. The hotel is very new and beautiful inside and out. Lots of nice restaurants and lots to see and do withing walking distance. It felt like London was on our doorstep. They even upgraded us to a Studio room (free of charge) with beautiful views of the London Eye and Big Ben! The staff was all very friendly. The bed was very comfortable, had some sort of memory foam on it that you felt like you were floating on air. I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

2 Thank Andrew T
Thanks Andrew T for this great review. Glad you both enjoyed your stay and our fab surroundings.

Hope to see you again soon.

Washington DC
Reviewed 23 May 2012 via mobile

We were completely delighted with every aspect of this hotel. Every member of the staff were consummate professionals focused on customer satisfaction. The location is great, service impeccable, food great, what else can I say other than compliments to the management for a well run establishment.

Wow, thanks for this great review US_Trip.

We’re all delighted with your review and thank you for your very kind words.

It’d be our pleasure to welcome you back soon.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 May 2012

Amazing hotel, Great service..
When We arrived went straigt to Reception desk
Receptionist was very Friendly helpful, but most important gave us the right directions what we ask for.
Our room spotless with complimentary taste cakes inside.
We stayed in studio room the view was amazing You could see Big Ben,parliament square, Thames river.
Five star service and aminities.
Friendly staff, excellent hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Wow, Gintaras P, what a great review.

Thank you for your five star rating. I have shared your comments with the team and we all hope to see you again soon.

Miami, Florida, United States
Reviewed 22 May 2012

the Hotel have a "Best Rates Guarantee link" in their web page that reads "On parkplaza.com, you will get the best rate online - we guarantee it."
so I made my reservation and paid in advance, later I discover that in their webpage they offered a better rate for the same dates
I submit a claim asking the reduce rate and the 25% discount they offer in their garantee, and got an answer that their guarantee is only valid to other webpages but not theirs. does that make any sense?
I call directly and very rude they give me the same answer and been told that the reservation manager will contact me
I received the email and now he is arguing that the guarantee only applies at the time of booking, there is no place in the web page that says that and for me still doesn't make any sense
I will have to go to the hotel because I already pay, I want to believe that I won't get any problem in the Hotel because must of the reviews are exceptional but I want to have the manager attention because the people that answer the phone and the emails won't give me his contact information
At least accept your error and correct your website

Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Alberto M
ParkPlazaWestminster, Manager at Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London, responded to this review, 23 May 2012
Dear Alberto M,

Thank you for your comments and sorry for the misunderstanding, I’ll aim to clarify your concerns.

Our Best Online Rate Guaranteed Terms and Conditions states: The Park Plaza rate and the "comparison rate" must be found and a completed claim form submitted within 24 hours of booking a reservation on Parkplaza.com”

Our rates are very similar to the airline industry and fluctuate both up or down on a daily basis.

I trust this has clarified our rates and our terms and conditions and we look forward to welcoming you to the hotel soon and please rest assured we will do our utmost to ensure that you are comfortable with us.

Thank you.