19,886 results
All reviews big ben london eye studio room iconic view primo bar modern hotel south bank big hotel the executive lounge excellent location sofa bed fantastic hotel lounge area an upgrade mini bar tube station westminster
Reviewed November 17, 2018

In the heart of Westminster, this was the ideal location for our London weekend with views over Westminster Abbey from our room. The rooms are always beautiful with high end decor and furnishings - top level comfort and top level service throughout our stay. This is our fourth vat at and we’ll be back again without doubt.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Park Plaza Hotels
John M, Manager at Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2018

Dear Guest

I’m so pleased to read you enjoyed our wonderful location and facilities.

We really appreciate one of our valued loyal guests taking the time to share such comments.

The team and I are looking forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed November 16, 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for my husbands birthdsy. Two adults and two kids. The website absolutely ‘wowed’ me and I rang up to say it was my Husbands birthday and the lady said she would put a bottle of Prosecco in the room which I thought was a lovely touch.

We paid extra to have a suite with a Big Ben view. The view was absolutely stunning. I also loved the kids rucksacks you get for children which I knew they did so had to ask for them but included colouring which was nice. Ordered room service which was also great quality and arrived fast.

The reason I haven’t rated it higher was because of two things. One I phoned down to reception to book the swimming pool slot and was told they were closed to ring back and when I asked what time should I ring I was told bluntly ‘tomorrow’ which I was told that kids were restricted at times so wanted to make sure we got a slot as I had heard it gets quite busy. My son wanted me to sleep with him on the sofa bed and my other child with my husband so I did and it was the most uncomfortable bed I’ve ever slept on. It would have been cheaper for us to book two standard rooms and then given us two actual beds not one nice bed and one hideous sofa bed. I wanted to speak to reception but they were so rude when I rang about the swimming and then my kids were asleep I didn’t want to disrupt them so just dealt with it.

I was asked at check out if I enjoyed my stay and I mentioned how I didn’t manage any sleep because of how bad the bed was and was told that the manager was busy so if I come and stay again (which I doubt I will because of this issue) then I should make them aware. He wasn’t specific of what they would do if I make them aware but to be honest for nearly £300 there’s nicer hotels I can stay in in London.

Shame really because had those two issues not have happened then I would be saying it was my new favourite hotel to stay with the kids.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank KMcD89

Dear Guest

Thanks for taking the time to share your comments with us. I'm delighted you and your family enjoyed the spectacular views from your room and you enjoyed your complimentary prosecco for your husband's birthday.

We aim to achieve the highest standards of guest service and I'm sorry to read of you challenges when trying to reserve a time to use the pool and that the room type you booked didn't meet your expectations.
Full room descriptions can be found on our website and our reservations team are on hand to assist with bookings to ensure our valued guests reserve the room type that exactly meet their needs.

Please be assured your feedback is important to us and we will use it to learn and improve the standards of service we offer.

Thanks again for sharing your comments with us.

Reviewed November 16, 2018 via mobile

We stayed recently at Park Plaza Westminster Bridge.

The hotel is huge, hard to miss if you’re close to the Big Ben.

Location couldn’t be better, very close to several touristic attractions in London. You can definitely walk from the hotel to London Eye, Westminster Abbey, Buckingham Palace to name a few... my wife and I walked all the way to St Paul’s Cathedral and back...

There are several Underground (subway) stations nearby so you can get everywhere very easily.

There are many restaurants, pubs, supermarkets close to the hotel.

The room we stayed in was very quiet and spacious. The room is equipped with a minibar and a heating bottle (for coffee or tea).

The bathroom had a shower and a tub, independent from each other.

The hotel has a cafe, bar, restaurant and, as far as I noticed, a convention center.

Breakfast was served at Joel Brasserie (hotel’s restaurant) and was quite complete...

Hotel definitely recommended!

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank danieln27

Dear Daniel

Thanks for taking the time to share your review and rating with us. I'm pleased to read you enjoyed our incredible location, overlooking Westminster Bridge and a short, convenient walk to many of London's top attractions.

We really appreciate your recommendation and hope to welcome you back again very soon.

Reviewed November 15, 2018 via mobile

Stayed one night at this hotel in a premium room. The room had a great view of the Shard and was really spacious with a seating area and large bedroom however the room and in fact the whole hotel felt oppressively dark and gloomy. It was a struggle to see well enough to apply make up. There was a kettle (that didn’t work) and a microwave in the room as well as a typically extortionate mini bar. The bed was lovely and comfortable however I slept badly as the bathroom light wouldn’t switch off and the door was glass - too light in a gloomy room!
Breakfast was good and plentiful in the gloomy breakfast room and it was great to check out and go outside into the daylight. At almost £300 for one night it was expensive and I wouldn’t rush back.

Trip type: Travelled on business
John M, Manager at Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2018

Dear Guest

Thanks for sharing your review with us. I'm disappointed to read we didn't meet your expectations in all aspects of your stay with us.

Please be assured your comments have been shared with the relevant management teams for their review and follow up. Our guest relations team are on hand to assist with any guest feedback or concerns and will always endeavour to make it right prior to any guest departing.

I hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you back and restoring your faith in us in the future.

Reviewed November 15, 2018