“Just right!”

H10 London Waterloo
Ranked #201 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 7 May 2012

I've been lazy about writing reviews lately, but after staying one night at the H10 London Waterloo, I had to say something. I honestly loved this hotel ... simple as that!

The price was good value for money based on the location and the quality of the room/hotel. For me, they hit all my important points: comfy bed, good shower, lots of TV channels, clean. I'm not posh, but I really hate it when hotels try too hard ... it ends up looking sad and kitschy. This hotel did it just right for me and I'll definitely be back the next time I'm in London.

A few small points: I was put in a handicap accessible room. No problem for me despite the very low sink and the extra apparatus in the shower/bathroom. On the one hand, I wonder if it would have been better to save this for someone else or to simply keep the room unused for the night. On the other hand, if you're going to attend the Paralympic Games, I think you'd be well served by this hotel's handicap accessible room. I'm not an expert, but it all look brand-new, well-made and with plenty of space for a wheelchair in the bathroom.

The other small point is regarding the price of breakfast. It was an excellent English breakfast - don't get me wrong. But I thought that GBP 16.00 was a bit steep for the buffet. There were a la carte options available for a lower price, but I'm a sucker for English Breakfast and so I went with the "full monty." If you weren't in a rush and you wanted to save a bit of money, you could probably find a local price nearby for a fry-up.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (3,350)

Reviewed 6 May 2012

Stayed for a night and was impressed with the hotel. The room was a little small but well laid out and very clean. The staff were very friendly and helpfull. Great location and only 10 mins walk from the south bank. Definitely stay here again

Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed 1 May 2012

Lovely hotel on the Waterloo Road, Walking distance 10mins from the railway station.. On arriving we were offered a glass of champagne, which was lovely Our room was a good size, beds very comfy and the bathroom was very roomy. I would stay again when Im in London again.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank black1210
Reviewed 28 April 2012 via mobile

Me and my partner travelled to the hotel as a surprise birthday present for me, and I must say it was absolutely brilliant. We were greeted with a glass of champagne, and our room was spacious with an amazing walk in shower in the bathroom.
Breakfast was good with lots of variety and we enjoyed a few hours drinking at the bar, which had plenty of drinks to choose from.
I would definitely return if I had any business in that area of London.

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed 27 April 2012

Love the location of this place, great staff, clean and all round pleasent. One issue that has reduced it from good to avaerage is the shower. Used twice in one night stay so quite important. So when they are installing they have said how can we make special? I know, let's put in 2 shower heads, okay, bit of a gimick and no real reason but whatever you think. However at the same time you should have thought, what a about a shelf or basket at a sensible height so the showerer can easily reach soap, shampoo, razers etc. Like they have in every other 4 star hotel on earth. I am all for minimilism in hotel rooms but I also hate crouching to the floor in the shower every 2 minutes. Otherwise lovely all round.

Room Tip: Take a shelf and screw it into the shower wall.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TartanLad48
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Stayed here for one night. Check in was great, very friendly with porter whisking luggage to the room. Room was spacious & modern with nice bathroom. Everything was very clean and well laid out with good size bed and good spacious furniture.

The bar area downstairs is comfortable and well run. Breakfast was well run with plenty of choice although the bacon was streaky and quite fatty. :-)

Great location and I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 April 2012

For the price, one hundred and thirty pounds per night, I'd expected more. The room was quite small, and though it had a full bath - the plug didn't work. The bed linen was marked. However, a nice breakfast was provided.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business